Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree

I liked 8 a lot, skipped 9 and bought 10 only to be disgusted and return it a day later

6 was the beginning of the end though

3 & 4 are the goat to me
4 is my GOAT

I have 2 for VC on the Wii and that one was also really good

Wasn't a fan of the day and night shifts in 6. I had it with the mic too. That thing was such a failure.

8 was very fun, but for some reason GameStop NEVER lowered the price on it. It's still around $45-$50.

4 is my GOAT

I have 2 for VC on the Wii and that one was also really good

Wasn't a fan of the day and night shifts in 6. I had it with the mic too. That thing was such a failure.

8 was very fun, but for some reason GameStop NEVER lowered the price on it. It's still around $45-$50.
Yeah Mario Party 4 was the last true to the core Mario Party game before each one after started throwing some sort of gimmick at you that we didn’t need

They weren’t all bad but again, trying to solve a problem that never existed :smh:

The Wii-U pro controller set the standard

Let’s not forget that
How when the snes controller set the standard the Wii u pro controller and every other decent controller is based on?

The Wii u pro controller is trash in comparison because there's no weight to it and the button placement is terrible (way too close). Even Nintendo knew this which is why the switch pro controller has both weight to it and superior spacing on the button placement. It's a shame it's like an extra 70 dollars since it doesnt come in the box.

Last edited:
*calls ps4 controller best controller ever* *proceeds to slander wii u controller for not having enough weight*

TMdmy.gif

thats cool and all but i'm not gonna sit here and act like the ps4 controller isn't the best controller out outside of the switch pro controller and all the goats are based off of the snes controller.
Initial post. Then read what I said about the switch controller. The same applies for the wiiu pro controller as far as it not being included in the box with a Wii u. If its not in the box when you cop the system personally I don' count it since you have to spend extra to get it.

But again the Wii u pro controller has no weight and tbe ps4 controller is better thab it because the placement of buttons is more spaced out/the buttons are larger.

Since we keep bringing up tho controller, it feels cheap.

Again, all of these controllers are based on the goat which is the snes controller. I'm typing on my phone while taking care of a newborn but I didn' think it was that hard to follow whay I meant.

You said besides the pro controller. That doesn't change that the wii u pro controller is very similar in weight to the ps4 controller. I think the wii u controller actually might be heavier.

Okay so the Wii U pro controller is 7.16 oz and the dualshock 4 is 7.41 which is a pretty insignificant when compared to the Pro and Xbox controller.

To be clear:
Switch pro controller is the best on the market.
Switch pro controller isnt included in the box.
70 extra dollars for this controller. On top of paying 300 or so for the system.

Ps4 controller is the best controller that's included with the system.
It's included in the box.

Any controller ppl are calling the best is based on the snes controller, which is the blueprint.

Therefore, the goat controller is the snes controller.

Don't feel like it is a debate, really when it's obvious. I'm old enough to where I remember the convos when the psx controller first dropped. We all talked about what it looked like. We all missed the snes controller and a few were turned off by the 64 controller.

Last edited:
You said besides the pro controller. That doesn't change that the wii u pro controller is very similar in weight to the ps4 controller. I think the wii u controller actually might be heavier.
I don't know about that. The ps4 controller feels better and not as cheap. I sold my pro controller so I can't compare. Maybe somebody else here can. Either way one comes with the system and the other is like an extra 50.

I am not a fan of the Wii u pro controller at all and definitely like the ps4 controller over it but again, either way, what I said was the goat is the snes controller. It's the blueprint and again the original argument is that all of these controllers are based upon the snes controller design and I do not fault Sony for not trying to reinvent the wheel.

Last edited:
I paid 240 for my Switch and 10 dollars for my pro controller so I'm lucky. But I had no qualms with the joycon grip that comes with the system and absolutely wasn't going to upgrade to the pro controller. Controllers just depend on your hand size and preference. I hate the SNES controller so have no interest but these updated 8bit do controllers are pretty cool with the modernization to actually be able to play new games yet have that old school feel.

sfc30-pro.png

8Bitdo-SN30-and-SF30-Pro-controllers-625x352.jpg

Okay so the Wii U pro controller is 7.16 oz and the dualshock 4 is 7.41 which is a pretty insignificant when compared to the Pro and Xbox controller.
my point is proven. The Wii u pro controller weighs less. It feels like it. On paper that might seem insignificant but when you pick them both up, at least when I did when I owned both, there was a clear difference. On top of that they feel different as far as quality.

I know I'm not the only one that feels that way because around the time I picked a wiiu pro controller up I looked at reviews and this was mentioned and other controllers were compared.

I bought one anyway for wooly world, smash and tropical freeze.

I also already mentioned Nintendo seeing this and or feeling it was a mistake in the same way and that they corrected this with the switch pro controller and improved both weight and button spacing. Even the materials are more similar to the ps4 controller.

Which makes it, the switch pro controller, again, the best in the market. It's just a shame that it wasn't included in the box and you have to pay 70 extra dollars for it.

Last edited:
The pro controller didn't come with the system because Nintendo is clearly trying to squeeze every dollar they can out of the switch. On top of them marketing the console as a portable first that can play as a home console vs a home console first that can play portable in which case a pro controller isn't needed for the portable experience. Though I've seen just as many people on the side of saying that the pro controller is absolutely necessary as the side of the people who say they have no interest or need for one at all. Best thing about the Switch is there's tons of options to do what you want.

Maybe next Christmas we'll see a price drop or maybe a bundle with the pro controller for regular retail price.

My only gripe with the Switch Pro Controller is the D-pad. It's a bit too loose resulting in accidental presses. If you rock back and forth between left and right, then you'll likely press up or down as well. Apparently they fixed this issue with the Xenoblade version, so hopefully they update the original as well.

Back
Top Bottom