Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Finished BOTW and here are my final thoughts:

I didn't like what they did with Zelda's character. They made her so damn emotional. Sounded like she was going to cry every time she spoke.

The story felt rushed. For every area, you do one laborious task and then suddenly fight the divine beast after doing an easy terminal. For the Zora, get 20 shock arrows then fight the beast. For the Gerudo, get the thunder helm then fight the beast. For the Goron, get Yunobo then fight the beast. For the Rito, you pretty much went straight to the fight. You didn't get enough time to really grow with the characters and make you care about them. I never got the sense when I was done with an area that I preferred one over another. 

The game had the same vibe throughout. In OOT, MM, and TP, the game starts off as having an innocent and simple feeling and then the story grows into something bigger and better and more memorable. I never got that feeling with this game. It's just the same feel throughout taking long voyages around the map and beating the divine beasts. Like I said pages back, I feel that they made the map huge just to make it huge. The scenery is great don't get me wrong, but I think they made that too much of the focus of the game rather than the story itself so it lacked. 

The (true) ending sucked. It was just a set up for the DLC. If you don't get all the memories then it's even worse. The ending had me like "That's it?" 

Overall, decent but pretty boring game. Greatest Zelda game of all time? Not even close. OOT, MM, and TP are all better in my opinion. 

Last edited:
I wish the U would go ahead and drop in price but I know that's not happening. Tired of waiting on VC :lol: I'm tryna play these 3D Zeldas after MM

I wish the U would go ahead and drop in price but I know that's not happening. Tired of waiting on VC
laugh.gif
I'm tryna play these 3D Zeldas after MM
I'm tempted to go hunt for a U myself, even though I gave up on that hunt a long time ago.  Nintendo's E3 sorta revitalized my interest in gaming, especially revitalized my interest in Nintendo games.

I wanna get the U just so I can use the backwards compatibility on it to finish Super Mario Galaxy and Galaxy 2 (I wanna replay Galaxy since I finished the game back in 2007 just for memories sake, but I never played Galaxy 2 since I gave up on playing Nintendo single-player games around 2008).

Thank god Nintendo is selling refurbished (not buying, Nintendo was just hiding their left over stock of Wii-Us after they shutdown production of the consoles) consoles of Wii-Us on their online shop, at least I don't have to shell out big money to a "Mom-N-Pop Retro Gaming Store" to get one like I would have to do for an OG NES, SNES, N64, or Gamecube.

The Nintendo store refurbished Wii U is a solid buy. I copped and it was basically brand new condition. Flawless.

I'm tempted to go hunt for a U myself, even though I gave up on that hunt a long time ago.  Nintendo's E3 sorta revitalized my interest in gaming, especially revitalized my interest in Nintendo games.

I wanna get the U just so I can use the backwards compatibility on it to finish Super Mario Galaxy and Galaxy 2 (I wanna replay Galaxy since I finished the game back in 2007 just for memories sake, but I never played Galaxy 2 since I gave up on playing Nintendo single-player games around 2008).

Thank god Nintendo is selling refurbished (not buying, Nintendo was just hiding their left over stock of Wii-Us after they shutdown production of the consoles) consoles of Wii-Us on their online shop, at least I don't have to shell out big money to a "Mom-N-Pop Retro Gaming Store" to get one like I would have to do for an OG NES, SNES, N64, or Gamecube.
pimp.gif
 noted and repped

Out of PS3, PS4, and Switch, what's the ranking on wifi from best to worst? Just moved, and since my computer/modem are in a separate office now, I can only have one direct connection.

PS3 switch PS4 imo don't have a reason other than remembering playing PS3 and my cheap modem was far and I would play online open all day

Out of PS3, PS4, and Switch, what's the ranking on wifi from best to worst? Just moved, and since my computer/modem are in a separate office now, I can only have one direct connection.
Switch can go up to Wifi 802AC (which is compatible with dual-band, tri-band, and quad-band wifi routers).  Both PS consoles are still capped at 802N for Wifi, which means you'll be stuck at the lower-tier wifi frequency every single time.

In terms of wifi quality, it is a complete crapshoot.  I can say the Switch has better wifi-quality since it can connect to the 5 GHz bands that both PS consoles cannot connect to, but even then there isn't much of a difference in terms of lag despite the Switch being able to connect to higher wifi frequency bands

Missed a Switch restock yesterday at Wal-Mart by 5 minutes smh. Gonna have one in a few weeks, cant wait anymore.

Toys R US, check your local store at least twice a week at minimum

Literally "The Nintendo-Bae" for surprise restocks of the Switch (and the NES Classic apparently too)

Last edited:
Smash Tour for Smash Bros Wii U is actually pretty fun. It's pretty confusing at first but I got the hang of it.

Anyone watching sgdq? I know there were a few peeps in here that liked speedrunning..

How does it work with the mask and armors? Do you get hints at where to find them or anything?

They are side quest so it give some hints, but I cheated, most of them are around the Hyrule field/castle. Korok mask is in the lost woods. Make sure you're strong enough to take on guardians, because you'll encounter them.

Trying to decide between arms and Splatoon 2 , splat was one of my favorite games for the Wii u but arms looks really good

Back
Top Bottom