• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tell me why no store (NONE!!!) within 15 miles of my house carried KH: Dream Drop Distance. crazy stuff I had to get a chick from my local gamestop order one for me from like Milpitas :lol:

nintendo also does a great job with using different graphic styles to make up for its system differences 

i really dont care about how real the dogs in CoD look but after all these years you can play wind waker on the gamecube and the graphics dont look out of date at all

in terms of a lot of nintendo franchises, i honestly dont see how or why they would need to make mario look more detailed than he looks in 3D world

the funny thing is how sony has been copying nintendo for years now but they make it seem like nintendo is the one trying to keep up

the PS1 controller was pretty much the SNES one with handles

N64 comes out with the analog stick and next think you know the PS2 controler also has analog sticks

nintendo comes out with a rumble pack addon to the N64 controller and a while later sony comes out with the dual shock with a built in rumble pack

the wii comes out with motion controls and now the ps4 controller has motion controls 

i would rather get a system that creates new ways to play and enjoy games (gamepad, wii remotes) than the same system with a better processor every 5 years
dualshock one was released before ps2, and i'm assuming N64, with both analog and rumble. good points otherwise
dualshock 1 didnt release until after the rumble for n64 i believe
cause i remember when i got my first ps1 it didnt have dual sticks

Last edited:
dualshock 1 didnt release until after the rumble for n64 i believe
cause i remember when i got my first ps1 it didnt have dual sticks
yea i was talking out of my ***. i just assumed N64 didn't drop till the PSOnes life cycle was over for some reason, I never had a N64 so I couldn't really remember. thanks for the correction

Is the Wii U really doing that bad? Total sales as of now, Wii u 5.5, PS4 4.6 and XboxOne 3.2. Yes I know the Wii u had a year head start! Last couple of months sales have been really good (WW). Now all the console sales have slow down (expected after holiday rush). If I didn't know any better, I would swear Wii U total sales wouldn't even be a million by all the bad press lately! Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Zelda etc..... still lots of heavy hitters to come.

It's sales are tracking lower than the Gamecube at the same point and that only sold 23 Million LTD and that also had Smash, Mario Kart etc

They fool their fans into thinking graphics equal "next gen" when they overemphasize 8 gigs of ram. They fool their fans by showing tech demos that look nothing like the actual released versions... Sony in particular are notorious for over promising and under delivering. This overall statement is very disingenuous as you contradict yourself in the very next statement when you bring up power as a reason the Wii U is not performing well.

Damn Sony's the enemy :lol:

They emphasize 8GB of ram because the 512MB on last gen was a major bottleneck and guess who asked for that amount, the developers. PS4 devkits actually began with 2GB of RAM then 4GB before they moved to 8GB because of developer feedback.
You also act like RAM just boosts graphics. A game like Dead Rising 3 is not possible on current gen because there simply isn't enough RAM to have all those zombies on the screen. Lots of RAM also means the OS is a lot faster and can multitask better.
Better specs means better graphics and the opportunity for better gameplay because you're not limited.

Can you also how me how they fool people into thinking graphics equals next gen because you keep on saying it but don't back it up. If E3 and the PS4 reveal is anything to go by, you would see that their focus was on more than just improved graphics which is expected by everyone so it's never . They dedicated a huge chunk of E3 and Gamescom into showing indie games because it's not all about the AAA blockbuster titles.

The basis to your argument is that its "weaker" hardware and lesser online infrastructure is the reason for the Wii U's downfall, yet the original Wii had weaker hardware and had a lesser online infrastructure last generation and sold the most games and consoles. PS2 was considerably weaker than Gamecube and the original XBox and was considered the best because of the games. PSOne was considerably weaker than N64 and was considered the best because of the games. Power does not matter, lack of compelling software is the reason the Wii U is not successful.

The Wii sold the most because of the motion control fad. It's hardware and software sales nosedived around 2010 when the lack of third party titles and the console's weaknesses caught up to it. The Wii-U is Nintendo trying to catch lightning in a bottle again but there's no momentum this time round because the gamepad isn't doing what the wiimote did which means it can't cover any of the consoles weaknesses that I pointed out in my previous post, which includes more than just power

The PS2 was weaker than the gamecube and Xbox but it came out 18 months before them, it was the most powerful console when released and it came off the the PS1 which had a lot of momentum and support. The PS1 was weaker but it was much easier to develop for than the N64 and it used the CD-ROM which had a lot of advantages over cartridges which is why games like FFVII moved from the N64 to the PS1.

Power is not everything but it being "much weaker" means it's another reason for developers not to develop for it because of the power gap which means less third party support because they can't run the game on the Wii-U. The XBone is weaker than the PS4 as we've seen from the games like Tomb Raider and COD but they are within fighting distance so they will get the same multiplatform games while the Wii-U won't because it's that much weaker.

Again bringing up power as the one all be all and completely ignoring games and game play. Hardware not being up to scratch is your opinion as there fans and developers who feel the hardware is fine with great looking games. This is a moot point.

I never brought up power as the one and all be. When I said their hardware is not up to scratch, I gave plenty of examples other than it being weaker as to why that is and I'm glad you brought up game play.
Take racing games for example, Project Cars is coming out for all three consoles but only the Wii-U has no wheel support and only the Wii-U uses digital triggers which are terrible for racers especially SIM racers. Then add the fact that their network infrastructure is not as good as the others and you're basically pushing people onto the other consoles to experience the game better. There are other examples like this where Nintendo's hardware and services are just behind and it's costing them.
Now all of a sudden Nintendo has a monopoly in the handheld market when Sony has failed to compete with the 3DS. 2 years ago the same thing people are saying about the Wii U they are saying about the 3DS. They said it was lacking games, no one cares about 3D, its under powered, lack 3rd party support, etc. Now that its a success of course its easy to say its the complete opposite to the Wii U.

What do you mean all of a sudden, The DS sold over 150 million, the GBA before that, 80 million and it's life was cut short. They've always had a monopoly in the handheld market right from the OG GB days.
I also gave reasons as to why the WiiU situation is a lot different than the 3DS but we'll see since I can't predict the future.

Nintendo makes profit from all of their home consoles when it is said and done. They initially lost money on the Gamecube (their least successful home console) yet made a profit on that. Nintendo is the only company in this industry who consistently makes a profit

They are projecting a $250 million loss even with 3DS profits. Whatever they lost with the gamecube can't compare to what they are losing now. The gamecube was cheaper to make and it'd sold more at this point of it's life.

Exactly my point. Lets judge these consoles once the heavy hitters are out. People forget the Wii U sold over 3 million when it first came and fell off when it had a major software drought.

People also said the Wii U would be dead once the XBox One and PS4 arrived. Then Pikmen came, then Zelda:WW came, then Wonderful 101 came, then Mario 3D World came and now its selling again. It's all about the games.... always have and always will be.

Won't you call 3D and 2D Mario games heavy hitters? Also those games had hardly any effect on Wii-U sales which is why the forecast is 2.9milion down from 9 million.

nintendo also does a great job with using different graphic styles to make up for its system differences 

i really dont care about how real the dogs in CoD look but after all these years you can play wind waker on the gamecube and the graphics dont look out of date at all

in terms of a lot of nintendo franchises, i honestly dont see how or why they would need to make mario look more detailed than he looks in 3D world

the funny thing is how sony has been copying nintendo for years now but they make it seem like nintendo is the one trying to keep up

the PS1 controller was pretty much the SNES one with handles

N64 comes out with the analog stick and next think you know the PS2 controler also has analog sticks

nintendo comes out with a rumble pack addon to the N64 controller and a while later sony comes out with the dual shock with a built in rumble pack

the wii comes out with motion controls and now the ps4 controller has motion controls 

i would rather get a system that creates new ways to play and enjoy games (gamepad, wii remotes) than the same system with a better processor every 5 years

Nintendo do a good job with their franchises because most of them don't have art styles that require realism but should a Nintendo console only be for Nintendo games?

N64 wasn't the first to have an analog stick. The Vectrex was the first. If you think Nintendo don't copy, look here, they've copied the most.

https://sites.google.com/site/neotechni/Home/copies

There is nothing wrong with wanting things like the gamepad or wiimote. I myself am looking forward to Virtual Reality with tech like the Occulus Rift or Sony's rumored one.
My point has always been that they need to get the basics down first. Sort out their network infrastructure, have a unified account system, entice third party developers, get them involved when designing your console etc

Have all that on deck plus the gamepad and you have an attractive console with first and third party while having a unique experience to boot.
Trying to get the gamepad to do all the work with only first party titles while cutting corners elsewhere won't cut it IMO.

They emphasize 8GB of ram because the 512MB on last gen was a major bottleneck and guess who asked for that amount, the developers. PS4 devkits actually began with 2GB of RAM then 4GB before they moved to 8GB because of developer feedback.
You also act like RAM just boosts graphics. A game like Dead Rising 3 is not possible on current gen because there simply isn't enough RAM to have all those zombies on the screen. Lots of RAM also means the OS is a lot faster and can multitask better.
Better specs means better graphics and the opportunity for better gameplay because you're not limited.

Can you also how me how they fool people into thinking graphics equals next gen because you keep on saying it but don't back it up. If E3 and the PS4 reveal is anything to go by, you would see that their focus was on more than just improved graphics which is expected by everyone so it's never . They dedicated a huge chunk of E3 and Gamescom into showing indie games because it's not all about the AAA blockbuster titles.

Consoles will always have bottlenecks because they are closed systems. Its up to the developers to figure out ways to bring the most out of the hardware.This is nothing new. I know RAM alone doesn't improve graphics, but the average person does not. Again, lets not act as if Sony didn't push the "graphics" message to hide he fact their system had little to offer in new game play experiences.

Spending billions of dollars in a marketing campaign to get people to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on graphical updates to games can buy for $60 is how they drive home this graphics=nextgen thought process. And to touch on specs... better specs may have improved game play 10 years ago, but from the look of the launch lineup from XBoxOne and PS4 this notion that better specs = better game play is vastly overplayed

Top 5 selling PS4 games
1. Call of Duty Ghost
2. FIFA 2014
3. Battlefield 4
4. Killzone: Shadow Fall
5. Assasins Creed IV: Black Flag

If Sony and Microsoft didn't trick fans into thinking graphics were next gen, why are their most popular games at launch mere graphical upgrades over their predecessors. The Wii U at least had Nintendoland and Zombi U at launch. Both games not only sold well, but demonstrated the unique game play elements the gamepad brings.

The Wii sold the most because of the motion control fad. It's hardware and software sales nosedived around 2010 when the lack of third party titles and the console's weaknesses caught up to it. The Wii-U is Nintendo trying to catch lightning in a bottle again but there's no momentum this time round because the gamepad isn't doing what the wiimote did which means it can't cover any of the consoles weaknesses that I pointed out in my previous post, which includes more than just power

No, the Wii sold well because it offered unique and compelling game play experiences. For you to completely downplay the games Nintendo created to help push motion controls is very wrong. And stop with the hyperbole to prove a point. In 2010 after being on the market for 4 years the Wii sold roughly 6 million less than it had the previous year. When a console sells 100 million consoles over 6 years, a 6 million drop is hardly a nosedive. Add to the fact most systems have sales declines toward the end of their life cycle.

As for the gamepad compared to the wiimote.... the reason is hasn't caught on yet is because its a tougher sales proposition. There is no one thing that make the gamepad a "must have" device, there are several small things that make it unique. This fact makes is a lot harder to market. One has to own a Wii U to really see its worth. Not to mention the lack of great games to really drive the message home.

The PS2 was weaker than the gamecube and Xbox but it came out 18 months before them, it was the most powerful console when released and it came off the the PS1 which had a lot of momentum and support. The PS1 was weaker but it was much easier to develop for than the N64 and it used the CD-ROM which had a lot of advantages over cartridges which is why games like FFVII moved from the N64 to the PS1.

EXACTLY!!!! The Wii U is weaker than the PS4 and Xbox One and came out a full year ahead of them. It was the most powerful console when released and came off the Wii, which had a lot of momentum and support. Why are they not getting 3rd party support again???? Why is Nintendo DOOMED again??? Oh because it's MUCH weaker than PS4 and XBoxOne... give me a break. :lol:

Last edited:
Won't you call 3D and 2D Mario games heavy hitters? Also those games had hardly any effect on Wii-U sales which is why the forecast is 2.9milion down from 9 million.

Oh really?? So selling 3+ million when the Wii U launched with Super Mario Bros U and another million + in the few months after they released Mario 3D World is not an effect? You sir are wrong.

They are projecting a $250 million loss even with 3DS profits. Whatever they lost with the gamecube can't compare to what they are losing now. The gamecube was cheaper to make and it'd sold more at this point of it's life.

The Wii U has 5 years to turn a profit. Give Nintendo some time... they'll figure it out. They ALWAYS have and with their track record I think they will. But let's say they don't... what does that mean for Sony and Microsoft? Two companies who lost billions after selling 70+ million consoles last generation... :nerd:

Last edited:
Nintendo needs to stop putting all their energy and emphasis on their damn handhelds and put some serious attention into their consoles.

Then they'll be back on top.

I want a Wii U. But I'm not buying one if they're seriously considering building a new system.

Why would a "rumored" Nintendo system deter you from purchasing a Wii U? Company's always begin R&D on new consoles years before they are released. This is nothing new.

This negative press Nintendo is getting is ridiculous. Sony is one failure away from going out of business, yet the media has people believing Nintendo is the one who is in trouble.... HILARIOUS!

Because there would be no point in buying it if they are planning on replacing it in the near future.

And I don't want to derail the thread, but how is Sony one failure away from being out of business when the PS4 is the most successful console of this current gen? And it barely has any damn games out?

Whats the point in buying a Wii U if its obviously already on the verge of being replaced? I just got a PS4, and if Nintendo is in fact planning on building a new console, one that actually powerful enough to play something more than a cell shaded Zelda, I will get it.

But right now, with the current news, there's no reason for me to buy one. Because it from what it sounds like, it will be replaced. Then what? I buy the new one too?

Do I want a Wii U? Yeah sure. Part of me does. I actually want to play Zelda and a few other games. But I also wish Nintendo made a more powerful system. And if the rumors are true, well then I'll just wait for it.

Last edited:
Because there would be no point in buying it if they are planning on replacing it in the near future.

And I don't want to derail the thread, but how is Sony one failure away from being out of business when the PS4 is the most successful console of this current gen? And it barely has any damn games out?

Whats the point in buying a Wii U if its obviously already on the verge of being replaced? I just got a PS4, and if Nintendo is in fact planning on building a new console, one that actually powerful enough to play something more than a cell shaded Zelda, I will get it.

But right now, with the current news, there's no reason for me to buy one. Because it from what it sounds like, it will be replaced. Then what? I buy the new one too?

Do I want a Wii U? Yeah sure. Part of me does. I actually want to play Zelda and a few other games. But I also wish Nintendo made a more powerful system. And if the rumors are true, well then I'll just wait for it.

Did you even read my thread? It's not out of the ordinary for companies to start work on a new console years before they are released. There is absolutely no substantial information stating they are replacing the Wii U. They are more than likely starting to do R&D for their next generation handheld.

The fact you are not getting the Wii U because of such a asinine and unsubstantial internet rumor is laughable. It would be business suicide for Nintendo to release a new console to "compete" with the PS4. How did that work out for Sega??

You simply want to go with what is cool and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Sony has spent billions of dollars to be the"cool" kid on the block and you don't want to purchase the Wii U because it's has struggled. I get that, but lets not hide behind such a weak excuse. Nintendo can afford for the Wii U to fail, they have billions in the bank. Does that mean they will stop support, no. They have plenty of time to get it together.

The only current news you need to know to purchase a Wii U are the big boy games like Zelda, Smash Bros, Monolith's X, etc. have been confirmed to be releasing for the Wii U. End of story.

Speaking of Sony... they stated themselves they can't afford for the PS4 to fail. They have been loosing billions of dollars for years. Sony has been selling buildings, while Nintendo continues to build buildings. They continue to sell lots of consoles, but have yet found a way to profit the way Nintendo has.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...-Allowed-to-be-Another-Failure-Says-Sony-Exec

Why hasn't this news deterred you away from the PS4? See what I'm saying? This is why I can't take you seriously when you won't purchase a Wii U. Sony, as a whole, are in a worse position than Nintendo. Just recently Nintendo has been valued higher than Sony. That says a lot when a multimedia company with tons of divisions and areas to create revenue is less valuable than a stand alone video game company.

It's a complete double standard and I have to give it to Sony's marketing team. They have done brilliant job fooling the masses about their current state of affairs. Nintendo needs a better marketing and PR firm man... LOL

Last edited:
They're finally fixing that cheesy *** edge grabbing glitch in smash bros. Nice.

Y'all can sleep on the wii U if y'all want. Just don't look crazy when Mario Kart 8 gets 10/10 reviews everywhere

Last edited:
They're finally fixing that cheesy *** edge grabbing glitch in smash bros. Nice.

Y'all can sleep on the wii U if y'all want. Just don't look crazy when Mario Kart 8 gets 10/10 review everywhere

Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros will own 2014 for me. Nintendo is slowly gaining more and more momentum. I can't wait...

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate coming stateside 2015, Fall 2014 for Japan.

Last edited:
The wii u is worth buying off super Mario 3d world alone. I'm loving this thing and haven't touched my ps3 in months.

I do think that Nintendo needs to embrace their place as a secondary system in today's world. Let Xbox and play station beat each other up and go after the same base. Just put out quality first party games and people will buy it as a secondary system.

Have more great games at launch
Way more virtual console games
Fix the Internet play (I couldn't care less about this. I love local play. Never really go online)

Did you even read my thread? It's not out of the ordinary for companies to start work on a new console years before they are released. There is absolutely no substantial information stating they are replacing the Wii U. They are more than likely starting to do R&D for their next generation handheld.

The fact you are not getting the Wii U because of such a asinine and unsubstantial internet rumor is laughable. It would be business suicide for Nintendo to release a new console to "compete" with the PS4. How did that work out for Sega??

You simply want to go with what is cool and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Sony has spent billions of dollars to be the"cool" kid on the block and you don't want to purchase the Wii U because it's has struggled. I get that, but lets not hide behind such a weak excuse. Nintendo can afford for the Wii U to fail, they have billions in the bank. Does that mean they will stop support, no. They have plenty of time to get it together.

The only current news you need to know to purchase a Wii U are the big boy games like Zelda, Smash Bros, Monolith's X, etc. have been confirmed to be releasing for the Wii U. End of story.

Speaking of Sony... they stated themselves they can't afford for the PS4 to fail. They have been loosing billions of dollars for years. Sony has been selling buildings, while Nintendo continues to build buildings. They continue to sell lots of consoles, but have yet found a way to profit the way Nintendo has.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...-Allowed-to-be-Another-Failure-Says-Sony-Exec

Why hasn't this news deterred you away from the PS4? See what I'm saying? This is why I can't take you seriously when you won't purchase a Wii U. Sony, as a whole, are in a worse position than Nintendo. Just recently Nintendo has been valued higher than Sony. That says a lot when a multimedia company with tons of divisions and areas to create revenue is less valuable than a stand alone video game company.

It's a complete double standard and I have to give it to Sony's marketing team. They have done brilliant job fooling the masses about their current state of affairs. Nintendo needs a better marketing and PR firm man... LOL

You seem really bothered that I'm not buying this damn nintendo.

You put way too much effort into this response.

At the end of the day, its my money, and I'll cop the damn thing if I want to or not :lol:

I've had every Nintendo system aside from the Wii U and Nintendo 64. I hardly doubt I'm not buying a Wii U because Sony has brainwashed me not to.

And yes, that includes handhelds...

And I didn't make my post caring for you to take me "seriously" about buying a damn video game. Its a video game dude. Get your jimmies out my pocket.

That said. I might still buy the thing.

Last edited:
Yes my jimmies were russled, good way to counter my arguments... you have proven you are cooler than me. :lol:

Back to the Nintendo gaming discussion... nothing here to see folks.

Yes my jimmies were russled, good way to counter my arguments... you have proven you are cooler than me. :lol:

Back to the Nintendo gaming discussion... nothing here to see folks.

I'm not countering your arguments, because there is no argument here. Its my money, and my decision. You really have no say in the matter.

So I don't see what you are "arguing". You're just looking for a fight. Which you aren't getting out of me. You've worked yourself up, ready for some back and forth debate, but I deaded that **** quick :lol:

Mcflyy Mcflyy and fellow Mario kart 7/3ds people
I created our community on the mark kart 7 game
The community code is 59-4853-2031-6329
Please feel free to ad urselves and dont forget to look on the first page of this thread for everyone's friend code

I need to really cop a 3DS, I'm feeling left out. I need to play that Zelda. I hear its one of the best Zelda games ever.

It's kind of crazy how Ive never owned a Nintendo handheld. I might have to rectify that.

I haven't played Kart for a while(mainly because I lost the cartridge), been on a Tetris binge for my 3DS, bought the game like a week ago and have so many hours into it :lol:

Nintendo just got done with their financial reports, and boy was it something else. If you wanna read the whole briefing (which I recommend), here is the link.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/140130/index.html

To summarize it though:

- Nintendo letting go of the firm grip they have on their characters and negotiating with 3rd party companies and letting them use Nintendo characters
- Finding a way to penetrate the smart device/mobile market without simply porting their 1st party franchises
- Nintendo finally acknowledging that Wii U is failing.
- Says that the Gamepad has not been shown to its full potential and that will be the main focus in 2014 starting with Mario Kart (which got a May release date)
- Will be adding DS games to the Wii U Virtual Console
- Plan to unveil NFC based games/apps at E3 this year since they are disappointed with how it hasn't been used
- 3DS will be the main focus as far as far as making them money but will focus on Wii U software to help the system bounce back
- Nintendo moving away from console specific accounts with NNID, hope to be fully account-based with their next platforms
- Nintendo realizes the threat of smart devices and is finding ways to incorporate said devices into their next platforms

This is where things take a turn for the weird

-Nintendo plans to unveil a new business venture where they improve the QOL (Quality of Life) of people
-Includes a "Non wearable" technology
- Does not want to focus on Smart devices or wearable gadgets like NIKE fuel band, etc. because of clutter in that field
- Knows that people who try to start a healthy routine often get bored and quit days later, Nintendo will use its power as a videogame company to help people stay healthy
- Nintendo will use dedicated video game platforms to improve QOL

There's a lot more of info in their briefing but that's the main gist of it, until I see more info on this QOL thing I'll just ride it out.

Mario Kart boxart looks great..

Nintendo just needs stronger 3rd party support

They are in a "catch 22" postition, 3rd party won't develop because of sales and Nintendo won't drive sales if they don't have 3rd party games to fill in between their 1st party titles.

Nintendo need to just make game only. They would crush every sales benchmark.

That would lead to Nintendo only making a handful of games that will lead to fatigue since they will have to make yearly installments of NEW Super Mario Bros :x

Nintendo plans to release an update to Wii U to make it quicker to access Off-TV play, their way of putting more focus on the Gamepad. This is the idea of the update..

i really hope they come out of games that fully take advantage of the gamepad and tv screen working together

not just being able to see whats on the tv like mario 3d world

pikmin 3 was cool with the minimap but seeing the stuff they did with nintendo land they can do better

shouldnt be too hard seeing that nintendo has been making dual screen games for the DS for a while now

Back
Top Bottom