• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Say it ain't so Iwata. I can see where they're coming from with this direction but I hope this doesn't lower they quality of Nintendo titles that come out on their premium consoles.

INB4 Mario X Angry Birds on iPhone7.

I highly doubt Nintendo will water down their franchises to stick them on smart phones. I could see them using them as a tool to steer that audience to their already established hardware. If quality is ever compromised, Nintendo really will be doomed.

People forget this, but Nintendo is the only company who makes money in this industry. Sony and Microsoft have lost billions trying to convince the masses their machines are the future.

Nintendo is the industry. Their business model is the only constant the industry has had since 1985. So if Nintendo says they need a new direction, the industry as a whole must not be healthy. If Nintendo can no longer be profitable in the home console space, you can forget it for everyone else.

At the end of the day, I have faith Nintendo will come up with a strategy that can sustain the industry moving forward. We'll just have to wait and see, but in the mean time I'll be playing Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros... and the list goes on.

RUMOURED NEXT GEN NINTENDO SPECS LEAK ONLINE
JANUARY 21, 2014

Technical specifications for Nintendo’s next generation home console, and possibly their handheld, have apparently leaked online. We already heard a rumour on NeoGAF last week that Nintendo already started working on a brand new platform in early 2013 which is presumably a handheld device. Today’s leaked specifications are for two units called Nintendo Fusion DS and Terminal and should be taken with a grain of salt at this moment in time.

FUSION DS

CPU: ARMv8-A Cortex-A53 GPU: Custom Adreno 420-based AMD GPU
COM MEMORY: 3 GB LPDDR3 (2 GB Games, 1 GB OS)
2 130 mm DVGA (960 x 640) Capacitive Touchscreen
Slide Out Design with Custom Swivel Tilt Hinge
Upper Screen made of Gorilla Glass, Comes with Magnetic Cover
Low End Vibration for Gameplay and App Alerts
2 Motorized Circle Pads for Haptic Feedback
Thumbprint Security Scanner with Pulse Sensing Feedback
2 1mp Stereoptic Cameras
Multi-Array Microphone
A, B, X, Y, D-Pad, L, R, 1, 2 Buttons
3 Axis Tuning Fork Gyroscope, 3 Axis Accelerometer, Magnetometer
NFC Reader
3G Chip with GPS Location
Bluetooth v4.0 BLE Command Node used to Interface with Bluetooth Devices such as Cell Phones, Tablets
16 Gigabytes of Internal Flash Storage (Possible Future Unit With 32 Gigbytes)
Nintendo 3DS Cart Slot
SDHC “Holographic Enhanced” Card Slot up to 128 Gigabyte Limit
Mini USB I/O
3300 mAh Li-Ion battery

FUSION TERMINAL

GPGPU: Custom Radeon HD RX 200 GPU CODENAME LADY (2816 shaders @ 960 MHz, 4.60 TFLOP/s, Fillrates: 60.6 Gpixel/s, 170 Gtexel/s)
CPU: IBM 64-Bit Custom POWER 8-Based IBM 8-Core Processor CODENAME JUMPMAN (2.2 GHz, Shared 6 MB L4 cache)
Co-CPU: IBM PowerPC 750-based 1.24 GHz Tri-Core Co-Processor CODENAME HAMMER
MEMORY: 4 Gigabytes of Unified DDR4 SDRAM CODENAME KONG, 2 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz (12.8 GB/s) On Die CODENAMED BARREL
802.11 b/g/n Wireless
Bluetooth v4.0 BLE
2 USB 3.0
1 Coaxial Cable Input
1 CableCARD Slot
4 Custom Stream-Interface Nodes up to 4 Wii U GamePads or 4 DSc
Versions with Disk Drive play Wii U Optical Disk (4 Layers Maximum), FUSION Holographic Versatile Disc (HVD) and Nintendo 3DS Card Slot.
1 HDMI 2.0 1080p/4K Port
Dolby TrueHD 5.1 or 7.1 Surround Sound
Inductive Charging Surface for up to 4 FUSION DS or IC-Wii Remote Plus Controllers
Two versions: Disk Slot Version with 60 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage and Diskless Version with 300 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage.

Question for you guys. Havent played the wii u in a few months but went to play the new mario game. My system now wont read it or any other game. Any idea why? It was not dropped or anything like that. Everything else works with it just not the games.

Lol all those specs mean absolutely nothing to me.

As far as next gen Nintendo goes for me..

They really needa pull a 180.. Regret buying the wii and I shoudve waited to cop the wii u

Question for you guys. Havent played the wii u in a few months but went to play the new mario game. My system now wont read it or any other game. Any idea why? It was not dropped or anything like that. Everything else works with it just not the games.
u try updating it????

Dust in the disk tray? Thats a weird issue. Worst come worst call ninendo

RUMOURED NEXT GEN NINTENDO SPECS LEAK ONLINE
JANUARY 21, 2014

Technical specifications for Nintendo’s next generation home console, and possibly their handheld, have apparently leaked online. We already heard a rumour on NeoGAF last week that Nintendo already started working on a brand new platform in early 2013 which is presumably a handheld device. Today’s leaked specifications are for two units called Nintendo Fusion DS and Terminal and should be taken with a grain of salt at this moment in time.

FUSION DS

CPU: ARMv8-A Cortex-A53 GPU: Custom Adreno 420-based AMD GPU
COM MEMORY: 3 GB LPDDR3 (2 GB Games, 1 GB OS)
2 130 mm DVGA (960 x 640) Capacitive Touchscreen
Slide Out Design with Custom Swivel Tilt Hinge
Upper Screen made of Gorilla Glass, Comes with Magnetic Cover
Low End Vibration for Gameplay and App Alerts
2 Motorized Circle Pads for Haptic Feedback
Thumbprint Security Scanner with Pulse Sensing Feedback
2 1mp Stereoptic Cameras
Multi-Array Microphone
A, B, X, Y, D-Pad, L, R, 1, 2 Buttons
3 Axis Tuning Fork Gyroscope, 3 Axis Accelerometer, Magnetometer
NFC Reader
3G Chip with GPS Location
Bluetooth v4.0 BLE Command Node used to Interface with Bluetooth Devices such as Cell Phones, Tablets
16 Gigabytes of Internal Flash Storage (Possible Future Unit With 32 Gigbytes)
Nintendo 3DS Cart Slot
SDHC “Holographic Enhanced” Card Slot up to 128 Gigabyte Limit
Mini USB I/O
3300 mAh Li-Ion battery

FUSION TERMINAL

GPGPU: Custom Radeon HD RX 200 GPU CODENAME LADY (2816 shaders @ 960 MHz, 4.60 TFLOP/s, Fillrates: 60.6 Gpixel/s, 170 Gtexel/s)
CPU: IBM 64-Bit Custom POWER 8-Based IBM 8-Core Processor CODENAME JUMPMAN (2.2 GHz, Shared 6 MB L4 cache)
Co-CPU: IBM PowerPC 750-based 1.24 GHz Tri-Core Co-Processor CODENAME HAMMER
MEMORY: 4 Gigabytes of Unified DDR4 SDRAM CODENAME KONG, 2 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz (12.8 GB/s) On Die CODENAMED BARREL
802.11 b/g/n Wireless
Bluetooth v4.0 BLE
2 USB 3.0
1 Coaxial Cable Input
1 CableCARD Slot
4 Custom Stream-Interface Nodes up to 4 Wii U GamePads or 4 DSc
Versions with Disk Drive play Wii U Optical Disk (4 Layers Maximum), FUSION Holographic Versatile Disc (HVD) and Nintendo 3DS Card Slot.
1 HDMI 2.0 1080p/4K Port
Dolby TrueHD 5.1 or 7.1 Surround Sound
Inductive Charging Surface for up to 4 FUSION DS or IC-Wii Remote Plus Controllers
Two versions: Disk Slot Version with 60 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage and Diskless Version with 300 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage.

Yeah this aint happening. It would be a reputation disaster. The Wii U fails hardware is the fact its not X86 everything else is lack of Marketing and the fact it needs a release schedules for games like the 3DS

Last edited:
Nintendo really should just start from scratch on their next console. Why they would release a system that is on par with PS3/360 and not truly next gen is beyond me. I bought my son a Wii U for Christmas (Zelda bundle) and I enjoy it. Im really looking forward to DKR, SSB, MK8 etc. but idk why anyone would spend $300 for a console when their is a next gen option avail for $100 more. Now if all you play are 1st party exclusives then that's understandable. They just need to take a look at what current gamers want. If they could release a console with the power of PS4/X1, strong online play, and get rid of the gimmicks like the whole Miiverse thing, then they'd have a console that would actually sell. No doubt sales are gonna pick up this year due to the slate of games coming but I dont see them selling no where near their prdeicted forecast over the lifespan of the Wii U.

Starting over is unnneeded. I love my Wii U and read the stories and the facts are

Better then a PS3/Xbox360 but not on level with Everything else
Being PowerPC is a issue for Multiplates
They are still getting the Online system sorted (BETTER BE OUT BY THE RELEASE OF SMASH AND MARIO KART OR HEADS WILL ROLL)
People dont even know it exist or think its a Wii Attachment
No Good commercials

Nintendo even with all of that is still doing better then the Xbox constant loses and the Hole the PS division is in from the PS3

If you want a "REAL Next" gen option (I hate that term) grab a gaming PC

Last edited:
Starting over is unnneeded. I love my Wii U and read the stories and the facts are

Better then a PS3/Xbox360 but not on level with Everything else
Being PowerPC is a issue for Multiplates
They are still getting the Online system sorted (BETTER BE OUT BY THE RELEASE OF SMASH AND MARIO KART OR HEADS WILL ROLL)
People dont even know it exist or think its a Wii Attachment
No Good commercials

Nintendo even with all of that is still doing better then the Xbox constant loses and the Hole the PS division is in from the PS3

If you want a "REAL Next" gen option (I hate that term) grab a gaming PC
I love Nintendo as much as the next guy bro. I just dont see Nintendo doing too well against the competition this time. I'll only buy Nintendo games for my Wii U, everything else I'm getting on PS4/X1 and I know plenty of others feel the same way. Like you said, hopefully that online is sorted out when SSB and MK8 drop. I wish Nintendo would've made the Gamepad an optional accessory and made the pro controller the primary option. I had to shell out $40 for the pro controller, didnt like playing with the gamepad too much. I really hope Monolith's X or any future Zelda titles let you use the pro controller instead of the gamepad.

I love Nintendo as much as the next guy bro. I just dont see Nintendo doing too well against the competition this time. I'll only buy Nintendo games for my Wii U, everything else I'm getting on PS4/X1 and I know plenty of others feel the same way. Like you said, hopefully that online is sorted out when SSB and MK8 drop. I wish Nintendo would've made the Gamepad an optional accessory and made the pro controller the primary option. I had to shell out $40 for the pro controller, didnt like playing with the gamepad too much. I really hope Monolith's X or any future Zelda titles let you use the pro controller instead of the gamepad.

Its fine. In 2013 the 3DS was AWESOME and turned the system which struggled for about a year and half around. If they can do the same with the Wii U by making a good game a month then I'll shake my wallet upside down and it will catch attention. The system has everything it needs to be good if it can get the online together. With the elevated cost of the Xbox and PS4 I expect to see alot of gems that would be seen as too risky for those on the Wii U if Nintendo can get it together.

I've been playing games since Super Nintendo and I've enjoyed Nintendo Product WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more then the other consoles. Hell the Wii did better then the PS3 with more sales and higher attachment rate with a weaker system

Its fine. In 2013 the 3DS was AWESOME and turned the system which struggled for about a year and half around. If they can do the same with the Wii U by making a good game a month then I'll shake my wallet upside down and it will catch attention. The system has everything it needs to be good if it can get the online together. With the elevated cost of the Xbox and PS4 I expect to see alot of gems that would be seen as too risky for those on the Wii U if Nintendo can get it together.

I've been playing games since Super Nintendo and I've enjoyed Nintendo Product WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more then the other consoles. Hell the Wii did better then the PS3 with more sales and higher attachment rate with a weaker system
and honestly i dont care that its not as powerful as the ps4/x1
i enjoy the games
i STILL enjoy mk wii
even though its taken a back seat recently and i just play mk7 on the 3ds
but nintendo games have longer life/replayability than most other games
i could pop in supermario world from the snes right now and have fun for hours

and honestly i dont care that its not as powerful as the ps4/x1
i enjoy the games
i STILL enjoy mk wii
even though its taken a back seat recently and i just play mk7 on the 3ds
but nintendo games have longer life/replayability than most other games
i could pop in supermario world from the snes right now and have fun for hours

Hey guys Im not knocking this system at all, and I agree that Nintendo games are more FUN. I just couldn't own a Wii U w/o either a PS/Xbox due to the fact that Nintendo games (Mario, Zelda etc.) drop so rare and some of the ones that drop are not what Im into. I like 3D World but what I really want is Super Mario World, SMB 3, Mario 64 etc. I play video games damn near everyday, Nintendo just doesn't have enough to keep me occupied for it to be my only console, I'll get bored with any game if I play it long enough, even my fav of all time, Final Fantasy III SNES.

You guys think they'll ever release another Star Fox 64 for the console? I heard they were working on a new Kirby for the Wii U.

A new star fox. I hope so, Platinum would do wonders with that and I think they are gonna keep Kirby on the Handheld.

I can easily have the Wii U be my only system but the dry spells would kick in every 2 weeks till something new drops. Its why I PC game.

Yea man I love Nintendo games just wished they released more often. Star Fox was that game back in the day
smokin.gif

Nintendo needs to stop putting all their energy and emphasis on their damn handhelds and put some serious attention into their consoles.

Then they'll be back on top.

I want a Wii U. But I'm not buying one if they're seriously considering building a new system.

I think Nintendo knows their lane and there not too much they can do to bring more casual gamers over. The gimmicky console games can only go so far.

In other news I waiting on this

I will probably purchase my Wii U when the game release or a nice deal comes up.

Nintendo needs to stop putting all their energy and emphasis on their damn handhelds and put some serious attention into their consoles.

Then they'll be back on top.

I want a Wii U. But I'm not buying one if they're seriously considering building a new system.

Why would a "rumored" Nintendo system deter you from purchasing a Wii U? Company's always begin R&D on new consoles years before they are released. This is nothing new.

This negative press Nintendo is getting is ridiculous. Sony is one failure away from going out of business, yet the media has people believing Nintendo is the one who is in trouble.... HILARIOUS!

Nintendo really should just start from scratch on their next console. Why they would release a system that is on par with PS3/360 and not truly next gen is beyond me. I bought my son a Wii U for Christmas (Zelda bundle) and I enjoy it. Im really looking forward to DKR, SSB, MK8 etc. but idk why anyone would spend $300 for a console when their is a next gen option avail for $100 more. Now if all you play are 1st party exclusives then that's understandable. They just need to take a look at what current gamers want. If they could release a console with the power of PS4/X1, strong online play, and get rid of the gimmicks like the whole Miiverse thing, then they'd have a console that would actually sell. No doubt sales are gonna pick up this year due to the slate of games coming but I dont see them selling no where near their prdeicted forecast over the lifespan of the Wii U.

This seems to be the sentiment of a lot of people on the internet and is proof to me that most gamers have been mis-educated by the smoke and mirrors Sony and Microsoft provide. They fool everyone into thinking graphics make a console "next gen."

You ask why anyone would spend $300 dollars on a console when a "next gen" system is ONLY $100 more, yet you bought a Wii U and enjoy it. You answered your own question.The graphically inferior Wii provided the most next gen experience in the wiimote.The graphically inferior PS2 and PSOne provided the some of most diverse library of games ever. History tells us that people would spend $300 on graphically inferior console if it has the best gaming experiences.

All Nintendo has to do is repeat what they have already done with the 3DS. Release compelling software at a high clip and continue to market the platform. This will ensure they are profitable... something Sony and Microsoft continue to fail at.

Last edited:

This seems to be the sentiment of a lot of people on the internet and is proof to me that most gamers have been mis-educated by the smoke and mirrors Sony and Microsoft provide. They fool everyone into thinking graphics make a console "next gen."

You ask why anyone would spend $300 dollars on a console when a "next gen" system is ONLY $100 more, yet you bought a Wii U and enjoy it. You answered your own question.The graphically inferior Wii provided the most next gen experience in the wiimote.The graphically inferior PS2 and PSOne provided the some of most diverse library of games ever. History tells us that people would spend $300 on graphically inferior console if it has the best gaming experiences.

All Nintendo has to do is repeat what they have already done with the 3DS. Release compelling software at a high clip and continue to market the platform. This will ensure they are profitable... something Sony and Microsoft continues to fail at.
ALL OF THIS!!!!

Back
Top Bottom