Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
just saw this and decided to post. from ign

Pokémon Art Director Wants to Return to Simpler Roots
For one dev, less is more.
by Mike Mahardy NOVEMBER 7, 2013
SUBMIT TWEET SHARE +1 SHARE
With the recent release of Pokémon X and Y, the series took its first few steps into a 3D world. Looking forward, though, a Pokémon dev thinks the franchise would benefit by looking to the past.

In an interview with We Love Pokémon magazine, art director Ken Sugimori spoke his thoughts about the franchise moving forward, and the changes that, from his perspective, should take place.

Sugimori said that he would rather return to simpler ways instead of adding a lot of complexity to the franchise and its mechanics, Siliconera reports. Sugimori cited Pokémon Red and Blue as microcosms of what he was trying to express; while he admits they won't be able to decrease the total number of Pokémon, it could be possible to change the number of attacks, abilities or items.

Sugimori also stressed that none of these changes are guaranteed –– they're merely the ideas he would consider if he were in charge of the franchise's direction. However, he did say that this simpler approach still remains a possibility

What does pokerus actually do?

The Pokérus is a useful little virus that can help you while you train your beloved Pokémon. You may or may not have heard of it, but chances are that you haven't heard of it if you are reading this.

Let's start with what it does. The Pokérus is, as mentioned before, very helpful in training your own Pokémon. If you have the Pokérus on a Pokémon, you have probably noticed that it will spread to the other Pokémon in your party and when you level one of those Pokémon up by battling, their stats will increase higher than usual. The reason for this is because the Pokérus doubles the Effort Points you've obtained. In other words, it's just like the Macho Brace you get north of Mauville except without the speed boost and it doesn't take up an item slot. (For more info on Effort Points, go take a look at the Effort Value guide.)

So now how do I get this elusive virus? Well to tell you the truth… It's really based upon luck, like most things. Even rarer than Shiny Pokémon, there's a 1 in 21,178.6 chance of getting it. To get the Pokérus, your Pokémon needs to engage in a battle a wild Pokémon that holds the Pokérus. Simply battling or capturing this Pokémon will allow for the You will be alerted if you have the Pokérus in your party when you next visit the Pokémon Centre. The Pokémon nurse there will go through a dialogue with you dealing with the Pokérus after you get them healed. You can catch it as well by catching the Pokémon and placing it in your party to spread it.

The duration that PokéRus lasts is dependant upon a random number, known to some as the strain of the virus and can last up to 4 days. This gives ample time to spread the virus to other Pokémon. When the PokéRus has gone through the specific amount of time that the strain allows it, the Pokémon will no longer be able to spread PokéRus and it will now have a face on the status screen. However, despite it not being contagious, as of Diamond, Pearl & Platinum, it will still receive the boost of Effort Values so it will forever be good. If you want to keep it being contagious, however, you can keep it in your box and remove it whenever you wish to spread it.

And that is amazingly everything related to the Pokérus…

You get double EVs. basically your Pokemon get much stronger much faster.

I got anyone that needs it.

best way to do it is send me one of your throwaway Pokemon that you don't use. I'll infect it and send it back. as long as the infected Pokemon is in your box it won't lose the virus and you can keep infecting Pokemon with the primary host.

just take it out of the box and add it to your party when you want to infect another Pokemon but make sure you put it back in the box.

My FC is 3024 6182 6665

anyone who adds me, tag me in here and post your FC.
me next me next! :lol: :smokin my friend code is 4570-7200-6536

I got anyone that needs it.

best way to do it is send me one of your throwaway Pokemon that you don't use. I'll infect it and send it back. as long as the infected Pokemon is in your box it won't lose the virus and you can keep infecting Pokemon with the primary host.

just take it out of the box and add it to your party when you want to infect another Pokemon but make sure you put it back in the box.

My FC is 3024 6182 6665

anyone who adds me, tag me in here and post your FC.
me next me next! :lol: :smokin my friend code is 4570-7200-6536

Added you, about to infect something for you now. just send me something you don't need so we don't have to trade back.

lvl 1 Eevee or lvl 1 Steelix?

Last edited:
What's good yall? Copped X a few days ago,

Your boy looking for a Natu lol.

FC: 3540 0233 0058

What's good yall? Copped X a few days ago,

Your boy looking for a Natu lol.

FC: 3540 0233 0058

don't have a Natu but I'm adding you.

Add me. 3024 6182 6665

I'm about to stop for the night but I'm off work tomorrow. anyone else who wants the Pokerus quote me in here or send a PM with your FC and I got you asap.

really looking for Squirtle and Dratini (preferably level 1 with adamant nature) right now, will provide a Pokerus'd Pokemon for either one.

also trades don't have to be permanent but its easier that way.

Marth got confirmed for Smash yesterday also. I wonder if they bring Ike back, he was real popular.

Last edited:
For now, I'm replaying Diamond.

Started a new file because I was stuck at the Elite 4. I ran out of money. :rofl: :rofl:

Dude... This Mario game... Fast forward to 7:30

This looks amazing. So much better than galaxy which grew on me a tad but I still find rather annoying. I think it's the controls mostly.

Game of the year status. now I just need smash bros and mariokart and I'm good for years haha

Last edited:
New Nitendo Direct coming tomorrow.

Watch a new #NintendoDirectNA 11/13 at 8am PT for updates on announced #3DS software coming through early 2014. http://t.co/TA7tYbSsUf
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) November 12, 2013

Sucks that's it's only 3DS focused, would have loved to hear their plans for Wii U 2014.
Maybe at least we'll hear about MiiVerse for 3DS.

Full Nintendo Direct

Highlights of the Direct:

Nintendo is gonna kill my bank account on the 22nd. Got Zelda, Mario 3D World and the Zelda XL :smh:

3D World just keeps getting better and better everytime I hear about it.
Bravely Default will be mine, a portable Final Fantasy esque game? Yes please.

Back
Top Bottom