• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't believe they're actually remaking Super Mario RPG. Thought anything related to it was a lost cause considering the Square issues and rights to characters. Played it so much as a kid, legit one of my favorite games ever.

I saw in the trailer there's some kind of combo attack where Mario hits both enemies with the NokNok shell. Some sort of gauge on the left side of the screen and a percentage meter that tracks how well you timed a hit? Looks interesting.

I saw in the trailer there's some kind of combo attack where Mario hits both enemies with the NokNok shell. Some sort of gauge on the left side of the screen and a percentage meter that tracks how well you timed a hit? Looks interesting.
Speculation time...I saw that too and it makes me wonder if enemies will be stronger or if there will be new enemies in new areas that are stronger...

It looks 1:1 but I really hope we get new areas, items and weapons, new enemies and a new game plus.

New 2D Mario game too. Nintendo is coming for everyone's money this year.

Another thing to note from the trailer of this New 2D Mario game (besides "the elephant in the room" that everyone has begun meme'ing on the interwebz)

It appears there is LESS EMPHASIS ON A COURSE TIMER in those levels in comparison to the past 2D Mario games, which is definitely another sign that this is a COMPLETELY FRESH NEW 2D MARIO GAME............no more NSMB rehashes/recycles or anything.

Less emphasis on a course timer in those levels could mean more ability to roam and explore like some of the 3D Mario titles and/or Metroidvania-style platformers, which would definitely be an interesting first-time concept for a 2D Mario sidescrolling platformer

Now that I addressed that part...........guess I'll address THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM now

1687371775260.png

Speculation time...I saw that too and it makes me wonder if enemies will be stronger or if there will be new enemies in new areas that are stronger...

It looks 1:1 but I really hope we get new areas, items and weapons, new enemies and a new game plus.

Same. Part of the magic as a kid was that it was very much "baby's first RPG". Now that I'm older it would be amazing to get some extra content and challenges. Only complaint is that it's a tad short (minor, minor complaint)

Kind of want to see if there's a cool collectors edition with extra stuff before I commit to a pre-order right now. If there's nothing additional with the physical copy I'll probably just go digital

It would have been dope if Nintendo released the OG on NSO too. This is a day one for me. Final Fantasy VI on PS4/Switch, Super Mario RPG on Switch; 2023 really one of them years :smokin

Hoped for a new donkey Kong game. Kirby gets likes 5 releases during the consol lifespan but they could only muster up a port for dk :smh:. New 2d Mario is day 1

Any old schlock can be wrapped up in a Kirby package.

Trying to top Tropical Freeze is a monumental task.

Same. Part of the magic as a kid was that it was very much "baby's first RPG". Now that I'm older it would be amazing to get some extra content and challenges. Only complaint is that it's a tad short (minor, minor complaint)

As aid the game felt long as hell lmao

Back
Top Bottom