Nike Zoom Flight 96 over Jordans for Hooping? post your "diamond in the rough" balling shoes...

whats up fam
been in the shoe game for years, and i mean years.... anyway, i have been playing consistent organized basketball for about 15 years now. when i was a kidmy mother would let me choose one pair of brand new shoes of my choice for each upcoming season. i have played in OG jordans, pennys, nikes, etc...

personally i used to swear by the garnett 3 as the best on court shoe (used them my junior year in high school)...

http://photobucket.com/images/nike garnett

in college, the jordan bred xiii was the best thing to ever happen to me on the court...

http://photobucket.com/images/jordan xiii

don't get me wrong, the huarache 2k5 was pretty awesome and there have been a lot of others not mentioned. recently i was able to pick up some nike zoomflight 96's on ebay for around $50. i remember these back in the day but never got a chance to play in them. i figured i would buy them and just use themwhen i play on a outdoor court or for overall beaters.

http://photobucket.com/images/zoom flight 96

i gotta say though... i have played in these about 3 times now and i think these might be one of the most comfortable shoes i have played in since the XIII.the grip is shaky at times but overall i really dig these ( i even had to order 2 more pair off ebay the other day)

just wondering if anybody else has found "diamond in the rough" type shoes for playing ball in. it's a good lesson to the up and coming shoeheads that the price tag on the box really has nothing to do with its performance
smile.gif

i got a pair of Zoom Flight 96 that i'm bidding on right now. The grey ones though. I had a pair back in 96 for bball tryouts. SUPER COMFY
i cant wait to get those to the crib. Bidding started at 54.95 hope no one else bids....!!!!

As far as over Jordans......depends on which ones.....but not many...... i havent worn every Jordan to compare it though

^^ i found a buy it now on both colors for $59 w/ free shipping (priority too) .... good luck with your auctions

my fav basketball kicks were either my pearl foams back in high school or my retro 12's but i played a few times in my zoom 96 which i use for work andthey held up pretty good and im a big heavy guy and im about to dedicate my zoom 96's for ball now

og xv's are so comfortable...hell any og is very comfortable to be honest

love those zoom flight 96's, and while i haven't played any ball in them, i love the fit and that forefoot zoom air is incredible. i can tell how nicethose would be on the court when you're changing direction.

my all black foamposites from 07 that i played varsity basketball in my senior year 07-08.

The air penny IV is one of the best that ive used. Just love that lockdown fit that the shoe offers

Played outside all last summer in the grey Zoom Flight 96s. Love them. Have a black pair not used yet, waiting for indoor use(I like my XX2s for now).

I had tried the Zoom Flight 95s when they came out first, but they dug into my right ankle on the outside, the 96s seem to have much more padding there.Otherwise, the 95s were just as good.

96s take awhile to break in... its really hard on the arch so the first couple of times, my arches were killing me. i wouldnt recommend them for any flatfootedperson.

but once you break it in, it such a comfortable fit with great ankle support.

more of a forgotten shoe than anything... such a comfortable shoe even without all the up-to-date technology, these are flawless.
AirFlightHuarache_WHTTROYVPURP.jpg

but now, the only thing that are on my feet on a court are
AirMax2CB94_side.jpg

Zoom GP
zoomgp6.jpg

Air Go LWP
81634_600.jpg

altho i want the black to be retroed i had this colorway

Originally Posted by SnkrbyNature

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

og xv's are so comfortable...hell any og is very comfortable to be honest
there not that comfy. i like 15's but when i hoop on my flins, freaking hurt my feet.
yea i got a pair of flints for ball but the bother me in the back and are kinda stiff for ball

^^ yeah i agree... 2k5's are pretty hard to beat. i still got a pair on ice that i am saving for my next run in a league

I had a pair of white and silver low top and 1's that came out just before the tai chis... cant remember the name cause my mom threw out the box
smh.gif

The quality of them was really nice and they were soo comfy to play ball in.

I've been trying forever to track down a pair to see if they were really as nice as I remember.

I also really like the zoom flight 96 retro... I beat them up pretty bad last summer

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

^^ yeah i agree... 2k5's are pretty hard to beat. i still got a pair on ice that i am saving for my next run in a league

Yezzir. i have like 5 pair.

blk/wht
la maps
all star
wht/gray/red
wht/silver

I WANT THE DUKE COLORWAY SO BAD!!!

devil.gif

2K5's are hit or miss for me. It's weird, some days they feel great while on others they just don't fit right or they give me some discomfort. Ilike them on those good days obviously, but those weird days are no fluke.

When we say diamond in the rough, I think we're talking about a shoe that most people don't really give a lot of attention or credit to. 2K5's areextremely popular, like 2K4's or Lebron II's.

For me:

Converse Wade, the very first Wade. Most opinions I've read were negative, but I loved these for indoor play.
Lebron II Low, great overall shoe, indoors and out. Most people liked the mid, but it was too restrictive at the ankle. The low version obviously solved thatproblem for me.

Originally Posted by jonnydpgc

The air penny IV is one of the best that ive used. Just love that lockdown fit that the shoe offers

I agree but mine fit too big...
tired.gif

F&F discount FTL...

Back
Top Bottom