Nike Zoom Flight 96 over Jordans for Hooping? post your "diamond in the rough" balling shoes...

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

2k5's= GOAT for me though.
smokin.gif

Running through my last pair,
frown.gif

I started hoopin' in some LeBron IV's, the difference in weight
laugh.gif
. I will get used to them though, plus the cushioning is
smokin.gif

The heel extends a little too far back or the radius of the heel is too sharp for me on the Zoom Flight '96 to play ball in. But the Zoom Air in the shoeis heaven....super responsive.

Originally Posted by antoshka1986

for me Huarache @K4 was the best shoes to ball, super grip, very light, and superb ankle support !
Man the Huarache 2k4 was such a disappointment. I copped them on here for 55 shipped to my door for a NDS pair about 4 months ago and while it wassuper light and all. It has no ankle support and I felt like I was playing barefoot on the courts. I couldn't jump as high too.

Then I purchased the zoom flight 96 on ebay for 60 shipped and the kicks were super light and has great support. I improved my game with it. I was able to cutto the lane easier. Big ups for the zoom flight 96. I plan to cop another pair to rock. These are very comfortable.

I'm surprised so many cats feel the Zoom Flight '96 -- I killed two OG's backintheday, but only cuz they were cheap moreso than their performance.

My surprise hooping gem -- especially outdoors, where traction can be difficult -- is the Pippen 2 Retro. I never hooped in my OG's, but the Retro'sare hella light, responsive and lock it down, traction-wise. And they last, too -- which is especially important for budget-conscious playground ballers.

It's the herringbone tread -- developed over 50 years ago but still, pound-for-pound, the best tread design for traction yet. The Shox BB4 wuz also anothergreat (indoor) hooping shoe -- complete with herringbone tread and monkey's paw -- technologies that ultimately mattered more to ballers than the Shox.

LBJ II's were okay -- but they lost their tread halfway through a season of outdoor runs. LBJ III's are better -- great support, decent traction, madheavy, though...

ZF96 are so comfy. i have to wear ankle braces though because i feel the ankle support isnt all there.
AJXV Flint - played summer ball in them for my high school team. tried wearing them for my aau travel club but coach was a hater (we were sponsored by adidas
laugh.gif
)
Nike Vis Zoom Uptempo
pimp.gif
Allan Houston NYK colorway - loved these for pull up jumpers on a fast break
laugh.gif

Nike GP 2/ Air Believe - ankle support wasnt a little shaky at times. but they were so light on the court. feet never seemed to get tired
any flightposites or battleground related nikes
bought all my huaraches for 54.99 or below and theyre amazing - technically my diamond in the rough

sidenote. heres a list of WORST for me
Nike Air Signature Player forest green colorway (team shoe) - extremely stiff and made my feet hurt everytime.
eventually switched up to AJIX Black/Olive, bought em for 39.99 on eastbay
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Nike Shox Lethal - rolled my ankle three times before realizing the shoe wasnt meant for me

Nike Air Force Max B - shouldve used for casual wear only smh. shoes ripped apart after a few wears

I have to agree with the garnett III, I had the white/blue pair but lost them when I went to schlitterbahn
frown.gif

Some of my favorite basketball shoes to put work in are..
Air Zoom Generation, Penny Foams, Uptempo pro mid, 2K4's, Zoom 96
And of course the Air Force Operate.....still looking for another sz 9.5 anyone?

Just won some DS Zoom Flight 96's sz. 13 the grey gradiants....$56.00....it's been years since I had these. Super comfy like my Jordan XII's. Picslater.

I love my Air Max 180's. Big max air bubble in the heel, zoom in the forefoot, removable ankle strap and great traction.

I gotta say my fave back in the day was the "Air Team Max Zoom" or something like that. I had the Black/Lime colorway and used it for my practicesessions during sophomore year. Reggie Miller rocked those back in the day, like 98-99 season.

A little while later, the Tuned Air series came out. I had the Air Tuned Force for outdoor ballin'. In my senior year, my diamond in the rough was theAir Duncans. Good support, traction, wasn't bulky, and was very cheap.

Originally Posted by MiAs23

my all black foamposites from 07 that i played varsity basketball in my senior year 07-08.
These are definitely a pair I won't ball in ever again. They're great shoes all around except for the ankle support. I tore just aboutevery ligament in my ankle in the all black foams. The Zoom Turbines, Huarache 2K5s and Flightposite IIIs were great.

the retro zf 96s are MAD comfy, i never balled in either of my 2 pairs yet though... maybe sometime in the near future

I picked my name because it's the best shoe I've every played ball in....middle school/freshman year in high school I had em, got em again andthey're just like I remember. Comfort and traction are ridiculous (and they last forever)

The lebron II's were up there as well

Iverson 5's and Gil Zero's until I tore my ankle up....

for now it's hyperdunks (believe the hype) and my penny II's.

i like the huarache 2k4~
n the kobe Is & IVs r pretty comfortable~
but gotta agree with the OP... flight 96 is real comfortable~ luv mine to ball in.

These are HONESTLY the most comfortable kicks I've balled in. This is not the OG colorway but its similar. I couldnt find the right pic.

I remember the 1st pair I copped was Obsidian-Columbia Blue-White. They were sick. I need to find these again.

2czo80o.jpg

the 13's are comfy but not for balling though. I never balled in my 13's

zoom flight 96 all the way! oh the 4's are comfy to play with too

holla

Back
Top Bottom