NIKE RESTOCK 5/5/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I honestly have no beef with either BUT a pm is a different form of an automatic script therefore it is a bot. Just much easier to use, free, and easier to access.
I'm still on the fence RE: the whole PM and if you want to classify it as a "bot".  

I'm not going to get into an entire dissertation regarding ethics, because it I'd get off an a tangent and TL:DR...

Page Monitors (from my research after that user poked fun @ me in the previous thread for having so many tabs open) were here way before ATC scripts/services, and were used for things other than a shoe release.  Hell...NT has a quasi page monitor letting me know when there is "5 new posts" when reading a specific thread.

I do agree w/ @bigj505  in terms of it becoming a "slippery slope" when, if a page monitor is OK...why not an ATC script?  

My only concern is that it goes both ways...is having Twitter notifications from Nike an "advantage"?  Is having Twitter at all an advantage (you could search the shoes manually without even following nikestore letting you know the restock happened)?

Sorry...already TL:DR.  Until Nike does this pre-release reserve/raffle that they hinted about...I don't think anything will be completely fair.

I'm still on the fence RE: the whole PM and if you want to classify it as a "bot".  

I'm not going to get into an entire dissertation regarding ethics, because it I'd get off an a tangent and TL:DR...

Page Monitors (from my research after that user poked fun @ me in the previous thread for having so many tabs open) were here way before ATC scripts/services, and were used for things other than a shoe release.  Hell...NT has a quasi page monitor letting me know when there is "5 new posts" when reading a specific thread.

I do agree w/ @bigj505  in terms of it becoming a "slippery slope" when, if a page monitor is OK...why not an ATC script?  

My only concern is that it goes both ways...is having Twitter notifications from Nike an "advantage"?  Is having Twitter at all an advantage (you could search the shoes manually without even following nikestore letting you know the restock happened)?

Sorry...already TL:DR.  Until Nike does this pre-release reserve/raffle that they hinted about...I don't think anything will be completely fair.
you said it better than i did

Look, I honestly have no beef with either BUT a pm is a different form of an automatic script therefore it is a bot. Just much easier to use, free, and easier to access.

I do agree w/ @bigj505
 in terms of it becoming a "slippery slope" when, if a page monitor is OK...why not an ATC script?  

a bot is an automatic script. the author is whom decides what it actually does. the biggest difference between an ATC service and the PM is that a PM that is doesn't add to the cart for you. It just notifies you instead. Users love a PM because ITS FREE, EASIER TO USE, ITS EASY TO ACCESS, AND IT DOESNT GET YOU BANNED FROM NIKE.

my comment was just stating that nike could further level the playing field by nullifying page monitors. its true.

im not here arguing ethics since I understand the shoe game is the survival of the fittest at the end of the day. im just speaking from observations.

Last edited:
a bot is an automatic script. the author is whom decides what it actually does. the biggest difference between an ATC service and the PM is that a PM that is doesn't add to the cart for you. It just notifies you instead AND ITS FREE, EASIER TO USE, ITS EASY TO ACCESS, AND IT DOESNT GET YOU BANNED FROM NIKE.

my comment was just stating that nike could further level the playing field by nullifying page monitors. its true.
but the point remains. nike could also level the playing the field by creating new links and not tweeting anything at all. its a slippery slope where the advantages lie and whats just standard operations.

Last edited:
a bot is an automatic script. the author is whom decides what it actually does. the biggest difference between an ATC service and the PM is that a PM that is doesn't add to the cart for you. It just notifies you instead AND ITS FREE, EASIER TO USE, ITS EASY TO ACCESS, AND IT DOESNT GET YOU BANNED FROM NIKE.

but the point remains. nike could also level the playing the field by creating new links and not tweeting anything at all. its a slippery slope where the advantages lie and whats just standard operations.

whatever you say man.

All of this sounds (not just the quote from the OP) like the pinetar, stealing signs argument in baseball.  Where there is serious debate over what is legitimate or not. 

All of this sounds (not just the quote from the OP) like the pinetar, stealing signs argument in baseball.  Where there is serious debate over what is legitimate or not. 
stealing signs? please. maybe scanning/hacking early links.

Last edited:
I know each has their out look but it's crazy how upset/mad people get over SHOES 
laugh.gif
 I get excited, then if I don't get what I want, I move on. 

Then again, I get just as mad when the Bears lose so I understand. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
whatever you say man.
you act like im arguing just to argue. its a valid point... lots of people dont have twitter and are just as ignorant to it as a lot of people are to pm's.
we can move on tho...

Because I'm trying to explain things to you from a software developers prospective. I write scripts at work and develop applications.
You are arguing semantics at this point and making wild points.
Nikes twitter has 2.5 million followers. Only a fraction of them are using page monitors. Saying removing them from the equation doesn't further level the playing field is comical.

Who cares can't be mad at the winners.. Don't care if they cheat any one can buy a bot or the shoe for that matter. Glad to see guys who really wanted the shoes cop.. That's what's most important here on the niketalk.

stealing signs? please. maybe scanning/hacking early links.
I am not putting them on the same level, just that the argument sounds familiar; i.e., the contention is to one dude it is fine, while another finds it reprehensible.  Hell, I still do it the old fashion way, lol.  

Who cares can't be mad at the winners.. Don't care if they cheat any one can buy a bot or the shoe for that matter. Glad to see guys who really wanted the shoes cop.. That's what's most important here on the niketalk.

Contradiction

Normally it's people who want multiples or want to resell.

I'm not mad at all. I've congratulated a few people in here actually. I'm just discussing a topic.
As magic said tho, peep the screen shots of orders. A lot of people that got through didn't want them to have tho some did get what they really wanted.

I'm always working when nike do the restocks but I'm not even mad about this one. I still have my launch day pairs still ds

Because I'm trying to explain things to you from a software developers prospective. I write scripts at work and develop applications.
You are arguing semantics at this point and making wild points.
Nikes twitter has 2.5 million followers. Only a fraction of them are using page monitors. Saying removing them from the equation doesn't further level the playing field is comical.
my points arent wild, they are valid. we're going in circles. i already said that its not about leveling the playing field, but rather should the playing field be leveled. take pm's out of it.... replace it with f5. die hards could've been refreshing those old links before the tweet because they suspected something because of the snakeskins. its not about pm's... its about old links. that die hard should be rewarded for trying his *** off, instead of just some random twitter follower getting them instead. moving on............... seriously. this is going nowhere.

at the end of the day, nike is the one that has to deal with irate sneakerheads who didnt cop. i would think they would want to hide small advantages for those people in the consistency of trying to cop shoes... meaning, just by TRYING to cop all the time, those people will have a tiny advantage over joe follower who shouldnt be copping over a someone who really wants them.

Last edited:
I'm not mad at all. I've congratulated a few people in here actually. I'm just discussing a topic.
As magic said tho, peep the screen shots of orders. A lot of people that got through didn't want them to have tho some did get what they really wanted.
true any opportunity to capitalize on a restock is gonna be taken. But the cart baby sitters do make me tight. Atleast have the cash lol

true any opportunity to capitalize on a restock is gonna be taken. But the cart baby sitters do make me tight. Atleast have the cash lol

:lol:

i didn't get anything from the restock (i was out for cinco de mayo like any self-respecting young adult) but page monitors FTW. that's my 2 cents.

The only multiple pair I have is the Concord 11. I got one to wear and one to wear later. And most of them I'm saving for my boy for him to rock when he gets big enough. The pair or two I do/did sell, it was for retail (or at least to not lose money). Hell, I bought the Infrared 2's, got them, didn't really like them and took them back to Finish Line. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom