Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

6FB8183F-3F40-4DC3-A7D9-336765051BE3.jpeg
Mr Federer already rocking them white ones.

Back in the day i was in the boost thread and mentioned that they are less comfortable them my roshes....people attacked me like i insulted their girl. Like for the price boost for me is not worth it at all. They are way too cushy for running for me. Coming from running in Nike Free and Flyknit Racer...i could never run in boost. They are great walking shoes...like soft but i couldn't agree more about the debate. Like what are we debating? I will be picking up some Reacts to run in. To use at the gym etc. I will prob wear them casually infrequently as well to run errands. But the debate should be what is a better casual walking shoe....boost or these. Because if you are running in the shoes boost should not be the shoes you are using anyway
too many jerks in that thread. one guy (that will remain nameless) was first to get the triple blacks and thought he was the DON of the thread. i really only patrol that thread for deals now.

oan

idk why boost always has to be compared to other stuff and vice versa. both products can stand on their own without the grand debate on which one is better.

Sneaker news review
"To give the shoes a more real-world test, I walked back from the event space to the office; throughout the 1.2 miles the shoes produced a forward-propelling effect – the so-called “energy return” aspect – that kept me light on my toes. REACT foam is much softer than traditional EVA foam, so Nike had to make the sole thicker to prevent it from flattening over time – a common problem with other foam-based cushioning units in the market today. Despite its thickness, the support on the Foam is zonal so there is not “boat”-ish feel to them. As a casual everyday shoe, the Epic React is definitely recommended.
nike-epic-react-white-shoe-1.jpg

From an aesthetic standpoint, there have been some comparisons to the Ultra Boost, one of the most popular running/casual sneakers of the last three years. It’s an understandable comparison given the competition between the brands and the fact that both shoes feature similar ingredients – foam-based soles, knit upper, heel protection. The Epic React has a wider forefoot base and weighs considerably less; a men’s size 10 Epic React weighs 8.3 ounces, while a men’s size 10.5 Ultra Boost weighs 11.7 ounces (and the extra half-size certainly does not make up for the 3.4 ounce difference). Additionally, the Epic React is a little more forgiving to those with wide feet. One issue with the Ultra Boost is that the Boost soles tend to flatten; how the Epic React pans out over miles of use remains to be seen."

I have no idea where this "boost tends to flatten" notion comes from. My UB's I bought back in august 2016 havent bottomed out at all.

Boost is perfect, can't say anything bad about it

Ultra Boost most def flatten, if you are going to run in a Boost sneakers then the Pure Boost DPR is probably your best bet

White react

Attachments

• 221BD2B3-0A55-46E6-9320-3EFEB8920612.jpeg
    221BD2B3-0A55-46E6-9320-3EFEB8920612.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 45
I'm in need of new running sneaks. I'm also out of the loop on how new releases work nowadays :lol: are these new Reacts going to be hard to get? Do I have to sign up for a raffle or some ****?

I'm in need of new running sneaks. I'm also out of the loop on how new releases work nowadays :lol: are these new Reacts going to be hard to get? Do I have to sign up for a raffle or some ****?

They are gonna GR. Only the special colorway would be sold on the Nike/snkrs app. Should be a easy cop imo. Don’t sweat it.

They are gonna GR. Only the special colorway would be sold on the Nike/snkrs app. Should be a easy cop imo. Don’t sweat it.

Sweet. Nike Soho is down the block from my office, so hoping I can snag a pair when they release. That of course is based off reviews leading up to then.

I have no idea where this "boost tends to flatten" notion comes from. My UB's I bought back in august 2016 havent bottomed out at all.

You’re right—everyone else on the internet who says boost flattens over time is wrong. :lol:

Boost is a great tech, but I’d be lying if I said my feet didn’t hate me after wearing them all day. Couldn’t even imagine having to do strenuous activity in them. :sick:

i have two ultra boost one ultra boost st two pure boost and one eqt 93/17.

my pure boost bottomed out already and my ultraboost dont feel the same as they did the first time i wore them.

my sts and eqt are still going strong

boost absolutely bottoms out and it happens often

if you can see little holes in between the boost balls chances are the comfort wont be the same

Probably one of the biggest mistakes owning a pair of UBs was when I wore one for a trip to Hong Kong. My friends and I did A TON of walking and I felt the comfort/plush factor of my UBs decrease during the trip; like it became flat. My feet hurt within the few days of our stay. I've read about UBs bottoming out before from other people and I can validate those claims.

Shoes bottom out eventually, especially with the amount usage put into it.

Looking forward to thesw Epic Reacts, though.

Last edited:
Probably one of the biggest mistakes owning a pair of UBs was when I wore one for a trip to Hong Kong. My friends and I did A TON of walking and I felt the comfort/plush factor of my UBs decrease during trip; like it became flat. My feet hurt within the few days of our stay. I've read about UBs bottoming out before from other people and I can validate those claims.

Shoes bottom out eventually, especially with the amount usage put into it.

Looking forward to thesw Epic Reacts, though.

I think your feet just became tired over time. Boost isn’t gonna keep your feet feeling like they’re on clouds forever. Lol

I think your feet just became tired over time. Boost isn’t gonna keep your feet feeling like they’re on clouds forever. Lol

That would happe any shoe it’s called “Normal wear and tear” even nike air bubbles lose thier comfort overtime with when using them on regular basis.

Back
Top Bottom