Nike Ja 1 | Ja Morant’s First Signature Shoe

Paul George moved enough shoes to get to 6 editions of his signature shoe. I've seen tons of kids in HS/AAU games wearing them and the early to mid 20 years old too. I see Booker as popular as PG was, so he can probably sell similar numbers. Also, Booker has leaned into Mexican heritage and my Mexican friends and their kids are excited to get some Booker shoes.

I have a feeling that whatever shoe they planned to be the GT Cut 3, they will just repackage as the Bookers.

They used him in marketing to launch the Cut 2 but he doesn't wear them on court.

If they do that and charge $170, yeah, they will brick.

If PG can get a shoe, then Booker can get a shoe.

I like PG but I was shocked that Nike gave him a shoe.

I think he signed the paperwork for x amount of sigs right before his gruesome injury.…he was on his way to become a top tier player.
Not sure when he signed but I think the shoe dropped after the injury.

Injury 2014
Shoes dropped 2017

Not sure when he signed but I think the show dropped after the injury.

Injury 2014
Shoes dropped 2017
Yup. they say it takes like 2-3 years (well at least back then) to come up with a design with player input etc. so makes sense.

Yea I’d have to think there was no way they would sign a player to a sig after an injury like that.

If I remember correctly it was Harden that was being lined up for a signature line

Then he left, and the plan went to PG

In his next full season after the injury he was putting up similar numbers to before it

When he finished third in MVP voting, it was post-injury, his line started and he was in OKC by then

So Nike guessed right

Nike bout to hit kyrie with the "hey....you up?"
Kyrie in a little minute if they find out that boy was clutching across state lines

1678179372885.jpeg

Booker’s sneaker will be very similar to ja as far as tech, price point, and how they play(also less involved than Ja)

It made sense to phase out PG and Kyrie - despite being superstars - they don't warrant enough for a full sneaker line like Kobe or KD IMO.

Ja and Booker are the future from a marketing perspective that are on Nike's books.

The sad reality for me anyway, is that Nike hasn't really done anything innovative in the last 5 years. I guess it's because they can rest on existing tech and retros, but you're seeing Adidas, UA and PUMA starting to release new shoes - probably not taking market share - but still what's up Nike?

The sad reality for me anyway, is that Nike hasn't really done anything innovative in the last 5 years. I guess it's because they can rest on existing tech and retros, but you're seeing Adidas, UA and PUMA starting to release new shoes - probably not taking market share - but still what's up Nike?
The full length zoom strobel is pretty new, right? IMO it's a big upgrade from standard full length zoom. I've had the zoom strobel only on the jordan 36 but I think GT cuts and KDs used the zoom strobel, too

Zoom strobel was a good innovation. Adidas hasn’t done anything innovative since Boost. UA and Puma have come out with new foams but they’re not as good as React imo

It made sense to phase out PG and Kyrie - despite being superstars - they don't warrant enough for a full sneaker line like Kobe or KD IMO.

Ja and Booker are the future from a marketing perspective that are on Nike's books.

Giannis? Tatum? Luka?

Nike/JB same ish. I guarantee yall no one is gonna check for no damn Book shoes. The sound of it is even hilarious. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom