Nike Free Mercurial Superfly & Nike Magista Footscape

Not my picture lol but these are fake mercurials I found while browsing Instagram lol
I was going to say ...

When you said "I love my HTMs" didn't want to be disrespecting a fellow NT-er ...

It looked really suspect right away.

Cause I've looked long and hard at that picture and compared it with mine, but mine was way darker.

The knit and the ankle-collar fit was a giveaway for me.

Also the swoosh looks really cheap.

It's supposed to be really something like this ... BAM

They're mostly the same, but there's a few differences.

The leather on the HTMs feels thicker and smoother. The PP felt kind of waxy compared to the stetson on the HTM.

The pull tab on the back attaches completely differently, check the pic on that one. I prefer the way it attaches on the HTM, looks better on foot. 

This biggest difference to me is the elastic used in the tongue. The thickness of the tongue portion of the upper is the same across both, but the elastic in the PP is far less resistive, so it kind of sits baggy on my forefoot instead of hugging it snugly, which is what I like most about this shoe.

Pics:
They may have changed the pull tab due to comfort reasons.  I know when I first wore my grey pair, the back of legs were killing me until I broke in the collar.

They're mostly the same, but there's a few differences.

The leather on the HTMs feels thicker and smoother. The PP felt kind of waxy compared to the stetson on the HTM.
The pull tab on the back attaches completely differently, check the pic on that one. I prefer the way it attaches on the HTM, looks better on foot. 
This biggest difference to me is the elastic used in the tongue. The thickness of the tongue portion of the upper is the same across both, but the elastic in the PP is far less resistive, so it kind of sits baggy on my forefoot instead of hugging it snugly, which is what I like most about this shoe.

Pics:

View media item 1773677View media item 1773681
View media item 1773682View media item 1773683

Yes. I have both aswell. The leather is thicker on the htms and overall better quality. The leather on the PP is thin and not as strong. When I received my platinums yesturday... I noticed that the toe box on the right shoe was stubby lol. more square. Almost like the look of a smaller size. It's not as pointed as the other shoe. It was weird. Doesn't look bad though. I've heard the platinums being baggy on feet. But I don't have that problem with mine at all. they fit really good. The rest of the mercs are probly going to have this low quality feel to it from here on out. It's sad because the htm set a good example

NICE hope we get a new avy pic now... 
eyes.gif
Hope you like it!

Yes. I have both aswell. The leather is thicker on the htms and overall better quality. The leather on the PP is thin and not as strong. When I received my platinums yesturday... I noticed that the toe box on the right shoe was stubby lol. more square. Almost like the look of a smaller size. It's not as pointed as the other shoe. It was weird. Doesn't look bad though. I've heard the platinums being baggy on feet. But I don't have that problem with mine at all. they fit really good. The rest of the mercs are probly going to have this low quality feel to it from here on out. It's sad because the htm set a good example

I'm actually glad there's a quality difference. It means that HTM actually means something.

And this is coming from someone who doesn't have any of the HTMs

still don't know what size to get in these man. I want the savage beauty pair.
If you're referring to the recent releases, most people say TTS. But I found the plats to be more roomy when I went TTS. Ended up selling off my TTS pair and going with a half size down and they fit perfect (but my TTS would've sufficed).

still don't know what size to get in these man. I want the savage beauty pair.
when people say tts..its misleading and based on opinion.. sneakers in general i can fit into a 10 and 10.5 but 10 is my TTS because i prefer  a tighter fit...i went up to 10.5 on these though and they are perfect

regarding the sizing i got 2 pairs , 1 size 12 US and 1 size 13 US , my TTS is 12.5 and both of em fit perfect 

the frustrating thing is that I emailed them since they said the shoes would arrive late October asking about updates, and they responded with the same message. SMH

My buddy ordered a pair of plats last week and he got them next day. But a new pair just randomly showed up at his house today that he did not order lol

Back
Top Bottom