Nike Air on the back of Jordans

Originally Posted by BOOMshipit

i actually prefer the jumpman logo. but then again i never had any js with nike on them. but still i feel puting nike on js now is ****** cuz i feel the shoes that had nike on them had greeat quality. not this garbage we get now.

I see what you are saying.  I was thinking about that too.  It seems now that the jumpman represents hype and cheap quality.  It represents everything that is wrong in a company and shows that the company has no heart and soul whatsoever.  In addition, there is no way that they can take pride in the products they make, just pride in the money they bring in.  JB literally lumps crap together and slaps a jumpman on it.  While I will defend Nike Air left and right, I guess its good that it hasnt come back on some of the garbage JB has put out.  They literally took shoes Tinker  put so much thought into, and sucked the guts out of it so they could save a few bucks on each shoe.

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

someone explain as truthfully as possible WHY jordan or nike stopped placing the nike air logo post 2001? curious

The short answer is branding and brand recognition.  JB doesn't want to de-value the brand w/ the Nike Air logo and have new heads or non-sneaker heads confuse them w/ other nike air products (air max etc.).

Originally Posted by swooshbeast

for me the nike air just looks better to me. nothing to do with ogs or not

Then would u buy nike dunks instead of Air jordan 1 retros?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ChicagoLDRS

someone explain as truthfully as possible WHY jordan or nike stopped placing the nike air logo post 2001? curious

The short answer is branding and brand recognition.  JB doesn't want to de-value the brand w/ the Nike Air logo and have new heads or non-sneaker heads confuse them w/ other nike air products (air max etc.).
I don't think it would "devalue" the Jordan brand per se but I understand what you're getting at.

Originally Posted by poonsaloon

I don't think it would "devalue" the Jordan brand per se but I understand what you're getting at.

i see...

its like mj wants to own the entire brand that helped create him. its his right to do whatever he likes. nike is like the grandpa and jb is the father. nike will always oversee jb because it played a big role in mj's life.

hell i think jb is nike's cash cow

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THIS

I always ask my self and other fellow heads this........if they took the Nike Air or the swoosh off on ALL Jordans then why do they still keep the BIG Nike swoosh on the 1s?

It makes NOOOOO sense

I even remeber when JB released the 1s in all white with out the swoosh on the side and I thought they was
sick.gif

But dont sit here and tell the fans/sneaker community that yall have moved on from the Nike Air era and still release Jordan 1s with a swoosh on the side

If you gonna scrap the Nike on Jordans bring back them horrible 1s without the swoosh

O THATS RIGHT YALL WONT CAUSE YALL KNOW THEY LOOK LIKE CRAP
mad.gif

They playin with us hard

I feel in my heart years down the road when our kids grow up wanting & wearing LeBrons, KDs, Blake Griffins and all the new stars and JB is on the down slopes they will bring back the Nike Air to try and revive the company
indifferent.gif

wouldnt nike air on retro 's be the ultimate stamp of approval, so maybe they shouldnt put them on unless the shoe is of better quality.

Originally Posted by jayzrdead

wouldnt nike air on retro 's be the ultimate stamp of approval, so maybe they shouldnt put them on unless the shoe is of better quality.

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

I always ask my self and other fellow heads this........if they took the Nike Air or the swoosh off on ALL Jordans then why do they still keep the BIG Nike swoosh on the 1s?

It makes NOOOOO sense

I even remeber when JB released the 1s in all white with out the swoosh on the side and I thought they was
sick.gif

But dont sit here and tell the fans/sneaker community that yall have moved on from the Nike Air era and still release Jordan 1s with a swoosh on the side

If you gonna scrap the Nike on Jordans bring back them horrible 1s without the swoosh

mad.gif

They playin with us hard

I feel in my heart years down the road when our kids grow up wanting & wearing LeBrons, KDs, Blake Griffins and all the new stars and JB is on the down slopes they will bring back the Nike Air to try and revive the company
indifferent.gif
The swoosh on the side of the AJI is a major design element. Thats like taking that patent leather off the XI, its what the entire shoe is based around. 

Originally Posted by PRIME

It makes NOOOOO sense

sick.gif

mad.gif

They playin with us hard

indifferent.gif
The swoosh on the side of the AJI is a major design element. Thats like taking that patent leather off the XI, its what the entire shoe is based around. 

i dont think JB cares honestly

Its about history... thats the difference between old sneaker heads and the new generation that has changed the game to what it is now. Youngsters just don't know the history behind the shoes. There is no sentimental value to them. They didn't grow up glued to the tube watching MJ make history and change not just the game but lives. To them its just a fashion statement something that makes them look cool amongst their peers. Theres nothing like a DS OG Jordan that for 20+ years has been stored and cared for with the up most respect. Quality of J's will never again be what it once was. Nike Air Jordan long before Jordan Brand

to me its just a personal preference.. some shoes look better with the nike air, like the cement 4s that drop tomorrow

Originally Posted by jayzrdead

Originally Posted by PRIME

It makes NOOOOO sense

sick.gif

mad.gif

They playin with us hard

indifferent.gif

i dont think JB cares honestly
Cares about what? 

^ I agree with PRIME on this matter.

Because you cannot take off a major design element like the swoosh off the 1 and expect it sell.

It's like taking off the 3 stripes on the Adidas.

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

I have never had a problem with the jumpman being placed on the back of Jordans, but I know majority of NT prefers the nike air on the back. I never really understood the big deal with the change other than the og was nike air, can someone explain why they care that much about it?

you probably dont care because you were too young or not even born when they first released.
unlike today we actually bought and liked shoes because we actually saw dude play in them and were a fan of his. It wasnt because of a retro movement and seeing celebrities and rappers on bet wearing them...

The jumpman looks especially bad on the Vs and 6s. 

i think the jumpman and air together looks terrible. I think just a jumpman would look much better, you are right though the v and vi with the jumpman look horrible. i think the 3 does aswell
it makes no sense this ego maniac jordan doesnt want nike on his shoes but he will keep the air on it? The air was on nikes before the first air jordans even existed

Back
Top Bottom