Nike Air on the back of Jordans

The jumpman looks especially bad on the Vs and 6s. Oh well. I get whey JB does it, b/c of brand recognition. But I wish they're do a few releases every year with the Nike Air on the back.

Just when you think this topic is dead and burried it gets thrown back up like a dodgy vindaloo.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

Simple answer..."Nike Air" and the NIKE AIR JORDAN 1-6 go hand and hand. They were created and memories were created with "Nike Air" on the back of those shoes. It makes those Jordan's what they are. The Jumpman air logo 1,3,6s especially looks off. Have you ever seen a Nike Air pair? Stand a Jumpman pair next to it and see if you understand then.

04b365a8188191e5624d3670fff8c365d5d95123_r.jpg
Dope Maroons!!!!

Originally Posted by PRIME

Oh look... This thread again...

roll.gif
roll.gif
 Just thinking the same thing, but its true Nike Air is the preference because it just looks better on 3-6s

at least it gives the owners with the OG's something to differentiate themselves since they retro everything every few years

^What?

Ive got OGs, and would love nothing more than retros to have it too.

I think one of the problems today is that the newer shoe heads take sneakers as a competition, trying to one up everyone and own pairs that everyone wants.

Many of us that have been doing this since the 90s and before can appreciate the shoes for what they are, not what comes with them (breaking necks, e-fame, etc)

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

^What?

Ive got OGs, and would love nothing more than retros to have it too.

I think one of the problems today is that the newer shoe heads take sneakers as a competition, trying to one up everyone and own pairs that everyone wants.

Many of us that have been doing this since the 90s and before can appreciate the shoes for what they are, not what comes with them (breaking necks, e-fame, etc)

Exactly.  I dont want to just look at my OG's, I want to wear them too.  So it would be nice to have something very similar to the OG's.  Do you think OG collectors were pissed when they retroed the Playoff XIII here recently.  Hell No.  They copped with the quickness.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Convoluted... but it has some merit..

I agree.  

I fell in love with the Nike Air joints, and the Jumpman editions always felt like something was missing.  Sold them all.   They can never give me that feeling again. 

Just like seeing MJ on the court, I'm satisfied with OG Jordans being just memories now. 

EDIT:  I did keep the black/varsity red VI's.
laugh.gif

And I agree with Air j and El bro

To me, it's a nostalgic factor too. I grew up with the original I's. That's how I see every Jordan that released after that with the "Nike Air"

Seeing original Nikes is like watching Jordan on the Bulls. Seeing retros now is like watching MJ on the Wizards; although it he has his moments, it just isn't the same. 
roll.gif

I also would blame Gentry Humphrey for the Jumpman logo business. I still remember him having to explain the whole transition to a jumpman logo in a video. I'm just glad he's gone now, but it's a little too late. He's done too much damage already.
laugh.gif

The originals were made with Nike Air. It looks better and fills the heel tabs better on the 3's and 4's. The jumpman looks too plain on all of them especially the 5's and 6's.

Well, if they can make those Wedding sample 5's with the Nike Air on the back, they can put it on the other retros.

Just saying...........

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Well, if they can make those Wedding sample 5's with the Nike Air on the back, they can put it on the other retros.

Just saying...........

its their trump card...

someone explain as truthfully as possible WHY jordan or nike stopped placing the nike air logo post 2001? curious

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Just saying...........
They can offer Michael Jordan a 2 year contract to the Chicago Bulls to chase another ring as well. Doesn't mean its going to happen. 
They can stitch Nike Air to Tinkers forehead, doesn't mean they will. 

They can release a Nike Air patch itself in a box with a retro card and sell it for $180 and fools will probably wet their damn beds waiting for its release. Doesn't mean the @@@%% going to happen.

This thread is so redundant. Everyone coming together multiple times a year to reflect back on their childhood memories of Nike Air. 

Cotdamn they should make a holiday for these damn threads. Throw a parade and everything so these fools can get Nike Air out of their system. 

im 18 so the jumpman is all i know but tht "Nike Air" does look pretty sweet on the back of the OG's

It looks much better IMO. And I think it's also that if the shoes originally had nike air on the back then they were intended to. Having a jump man or jump man air doesn't really go with the design quite like the nike air logo.

Its a design flaw having just the Jumpman... Look at all that empty space... NIKE A I R fills in that empty space oh so nicely. It's not just about remembering our childhood

shoes it simply just looks better. Imagine if all Nike retros removed A I R stiched in the back im sure thats going to cause some comotion. Hell I get kind of upset that

when I buy a retro and it just says NIKE on the insole and not NIKE A I R. People just want what was originally done to the product.

i actually prefer the jumpman logo. but then again i never had any js with nike on them. but still i feel puting nike on js now is ****** cuz i feel the shoes that had nike on them had greeat quality. not this garbage we get now.

Back
Top Bottom