NIKE AIR MAG 2015

Nike should have done a preorder for these at 500-700 a pair. Leave it open for 24 hours. Most fair and still would be someone limited.

They need to do something to shut ADIDAS up.

Although NIKE still beats out ADIDAS $ wise overall

and always will. But I think Adidas holds the thrown

so far this year 2016. No NIKE/JB shoe release this year

and what the holidays have lined up still not gonna top

The hype of the YZY season of 2016. I mean don't get me wrong

no matter what any Future Adidas YZY releases I don't think

it will ever top the AIR YEEZY 2. So for holding the throne

King of most hyped release ever that shocks the world

they would need to drop the MAGS on 10.21.2016.

But like we all know NIKE could give A flying F about hype

They could just not release and still be on top with the YEEZY 2.

When you really think about it, an auction will give all people the best chance to get them. It just matters how much of your livelyhood/pockets are you willing to dig deep and give.

It just matters how much of your livelyhood/pockets are you willing to dig deep and give.

Meaning, nobody but those with DEEP pockets and businesses will get them. Im not talking 2011 auction prices either. These would far surpass the average reseller and enthusiast's reach on open auction in 2015.
So how is that fair to all people? Survival of the richest? One business can literally win every auction if they wanted to.

Last edited:
Thinking of the 2011 ebay drop, If auctioned powerlaced mags these could surely hit 5 digits... depending on how many total pairs they produced. The fewer pairs the higher the going rate. Not many people out there who can pay that kind of money for a pair of shoes even if its the most sought after / grail status pair of shoes.

Meaning, nobody but those with DEEP pockets and businesses will get them. Im not talking 2011 auction prices either. These would far surpass the average reseller and enthusiast's reach on open auction in 2015.
So how is that fair to all people? Survival of the richest? One business can literally win every auction if they wanted to.
When you really think about it, an auction will give all people the best chance to get them. It just matters how much of your livelyhood/pockets are you willing to dig deep and give.

There was a rule in place for the 2011 auctions. 1 winner could win up to only 10 pairs. While still a lot, at least they capped it. Hypothetically speaking, if another auction were to happen I'm sure the same rules would be in place. As for deep pockets...

leftright leftright is on the money. Let's say there was another auction, and people bid outrageous prices knowing what the 2011 pairs went for. Now that being said, if a business or just someone looking to make a sizeable "donation" decided to snatch up those 10 pairs (per winner rule)...well if you outbid everyone...you're kinda stuck with them. As I said before if you have the money to bid, you'll bid and win. Why would someone who couldn't win a bid in the first place...pay MORE for a reseller priced pair? If you couldn't win a pair for $3,500, you're not gonna pay someone else $5,000 for theirs. Just doesn't make sense. The only pairs that actually resold the first time around would have been to the international crowd since it was a US only auction due to the fact that batteries were in the shoes.

I see what a lot of people are saying here with an auction being somewhat unfair, but again, those that can...will. I just don't see a resell market for something like this. At least not how many of you are thinking about it.

BTW...who in here jumped in and bid in the 2011 auctions?

Last edited:
They need to do something to shut ADIDAS up.
Although NIKE still beats out ADIDAS $ wise overall
and always will. But I think Adidas holds the thrown
so far this year 2016. No NIKE/JB shoe release this year
and what the holidays have lined up still not gonna top
The hype of the YZY season of 2016. I mean don't get me wrong
no matter what any Future Adidas YZY releases I don't think
it will ever top the AIR YEEZY 2. So for holding the throne
King of most hyped release ever that shocks the world
they would need to drop the MAGS on 10.21.2016.
But like we all know NIKE could give A flying F about hype
They could just not release and still be on top with the YEEZY 2.
so tired of these damn Yeezy post...why do you kids think Nike cares about Yeezy???? They made almost $30 billion and are estimating $50 billion by 2020....

If the entire Yeezy line collection...all 4 shoes (so far) have generated more then $5-$10 million (retail prices) I would be shocked....

Only people who care about Yeezy is NT......

As far as releasing power laces to combate Adidas...stop it homie...no one does it like the swoosh

And I say what I say -  to keep in mind the safety of the community (parents, BTTF fans, enthusiasts, sneakerheads, hypebeasts)

An auction is a secure and organized process; making safe deliveries and transactions. As to raffles or physical releases, s*** can get violent (0-100 real quick).

Last edited:
Might sound silly, but any truth to the Mags 2015 hitting Swoosh accounts for $500 from Thursday to today? :nerd:

Best thing to do is do a random drop on SNKRS like they did for the OVOs. Or do a code entry thing where you can buy early like they did for multicolor flyknits.

Money ready just in case for Wednesday.

Might sound silly, but any truth to the Mags 2015 hitting Swoosh accounts for $500 from Thursday to today? :nerd:

No definitely not. Possibly you're referring to a post from IG where someone posted a pic of the MAG on the launch calendar for $500? His very next post was saying how the MAG was photoshopped and he encouraged people not to take info at face value.

Last edited:
If you couldn't win a pair for $3,500, you're not gonna pay someone else $5,000 for theirs. Just doesn't make sense. The only pairs that actually resold the first time around would have been to the international crowd since it was a US only auction due to the fact that batteries were in the shoes.

BTW...who in here jumped in and bid in the 2011 auctions?

I kind of did, I had them for about a week before I came back down to earth and realized I didn't want to sell off most of my collection in order to keep them. it turns out I just wanted to try them on once in my life and after that I was done. so I quickly flipped them for a small bit to an international buyer, someone in britain, exactly as you said above, since I realised there was a small window of opportunity for it.

I couldn't justify wearing them out anywhere cause of the cost, and they were just stressful to own really. also they have like zero padding, have inflexible uppers, and were kind of uncomfortable; so when I say they are more of a prop than a real shoe, im speaking directly from experience. plus the sizing felt big too, should have gotten a 10 instead of an 11 but would have still resold them.

I had firm intentions of keeping them forever when I got them, but like I said, the cost just kind of soured it. this time around I was mostly hoping for a price on them that I could live with, but we may get nothing at all.

I kind of did, I had them for about a week before I came back down to earth and realized I didn't want to sell off most of my collection in order to keep them. it turns out I just wanted to try them on once in my life and after that I was done. so I quickly flipped them for a small bit to an international buyer, someone in britain, exactly as you said above, since I realised there was a small window of opportunity for it.

I couldn't justify wearing them out anywhere cause of the cost, and they were just stressful to own really. also they have like zero padding, have inflexible uppers, and were kind of uncomfortable; so when I say they are more of a prop than a real shoe, im speaking directly from experience. plus the sizing felt big too, should have gotten a 10 instead of an 11 but would have still resold them.

I had firm intentions of keeping them forever when I got them, but like I said, the cost just kind of soured it. this time around I was mostly hoping for a price on them that I could live with, but we may get nothing at all.

I hear you my man. I am a size 8 and there was def room in my pair. Not sure if enough to drop to 7 but it was def roomy. I thought the actual step in comfort was decent (footbed and upper), but yes taking that first step you feel how stiff the collar/ankles are. You look at MJF in the movie and they obviously look much more flexible and the tongue/ankle straps seem longer as well. So the look he has in the movie is obviously different than how many of us would have wanted to wear them. I think I have worn them about 5 times total (twice to work lol) but def not an all day shoe. But many bought these for display only. I know Jedi wears his modded rep pair a lot and they look it, I am curious as to how those feel/fit.

View media item 1753237
View media item 1753242

Good looks on the small international flip. :nerd:

Last edited:
I hear you my man. I am a size 8 and there was def room in my pair. Not sure if enough to drop to 7 but it was def roomy. I thought the actual step in comfort was decent (footbed and upper), but yes taking that first step you feel how stiff the collar/ankles are. You look at MJF in the movie and they obviously look much more flexible and the tongue/ankle straps seem longer as well. So the look he has in the movie is obviously different than how many of us would have wanted to wear them. I think I have worn them about 5 times total (twice to work lol) but def not an all day shoe. But many bought these for display only. I know Jedi wears his modded rep pair a lot and they look it, I am curious as to how those feel/fit.

Good looks on the small international flip. :nerd:

the worst part was the back of them catching the calf and making it sore. def no way to wear these without tucking in the jeans. they aren't as close to the movie versions as id have liked either.

to be perfectly honest, if the replicas were more accurately made id just get those and call it. but even when modded, the uppers on those, while prolly more comfortable, just look so bad and inaccurate to the point that I don't want them. also ive followed that thread on the rpf, the cost to do these mods isn't cheap either, and its a whole lot of work.

yeah I didn't get greedy and mark them way up, I mostly just wanted my $ back and enough to cover the other costs and fees.

the worst part was the back of them catching the calf and making it sore. def no way to wear these without tucking in the jeans. they aren't as close to the movie versions as id have liked either.

to be perfectly honest, if the replicas were more accurately made id just get those and call it. but even when modded, the uppers on those, while prolly more comfortable, just look so bad and inaccurate to the point that I don't want them. also ive followed that thread on the rpf, the cost to do these mods isn't cheap either, and its a whole lot of work.

yeah I didn't get greedy and mark them way up, I mostly just wanted my $ back and enough to cover the other costs and fees.

Yeah I have been reading the RPF as well. Jedi said he has an idea for a custom MAG he wants me to tackle when he makes another modded rep pair. And I asked him what the going rate was for the mods. It was far and above what I would be willing to pay, but he's got guys going in on it, so it's all good. Then of course there's the item of the "new authentic reps" that have been posted a few times in here. An actual product remains to be seen, but there are definitely different flavors out there for those die hard MAG fans.

With technology such as auto lacing sneakers from Nike, it only makes sense for the extremely rich to have them. It sucks because many of them will have little to no knowledge of BTTF lore but Nike wants to gauge how much these can go for. And between the sneaker community and the BTTF community going crazy if and when these drop the numbers could be crazy. Tinie Tempah paid the most for his 2011 pair if I'm not mistaken right?

Last edited:
Does anyone think its worth queuing at the nike flagship store in London
Marty-McFly-What.gif

I really hope that for big BTTF fans in here, that the lack of mags released by Nike doesn't hinder their enjoyment of whatever else is going on for 10/21 (if that's the case). There's the chance to catch the trilogy on the big screen, or try for some confirmed items like Pepsi Perfect, vinyl soundtracks, visual history book, complete collection blu ray set. I'm just excited that its the actual day, I'll probably put in part 2 to watch after work. If people are coming around saying Nike better release them or I'm done with them, because Kid Cudi or Fabolous wore them, or because they need to stunt on IG,  then I don't know what to tell you.  This is the only day BTTF will ever get, beyond a footnote of "on this day in 85, BTTF released in theaters." This isn't like May the Fourth every year for Star Wars.

No Mags on the 21st just means more money for Kobe multicolor IDs on the 22nd.

Back
Top Bottom