Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Originally Posted by jaylaw15  ​
Best pics Ive seen of the OGs so far. It seems that they still can't get the ankle portion of the show %100 right, I'm just glad its not the flat durabuck all over the whole shoe, it would make the shoe bland to me. ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
pimp.gif
 ​
#CLEANSED.
 ​
I had those pics of that size 12 already, I just forgot I had them. I would've posted them up, If I hadn't forgot.
 ​
Repped again @jaylaw15, when I can G...
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Thanks for the History lesson in that PM you sent me @green rhino123. I've never got an PM since I've joined, and when the notification popped up I thought I was about to get banned or somethin'...
 ​
laugh.gif
 ​
But yeah, I was wonderin' about that since some OG 4's had both the jumbo tag, and the thin tag.... I was thinkin' that some just replaced the jumbo tag with the thin one in pics, because they might've lost it or somethin...
 ​
Also, it would be very nice, if the 2016 retro came with the paper hang tag..... Since we're payin' $220+, just like the 2009 AJ1's came with the OG hang tag... It never made since to me that the 2013-present AJ1's didn't come with the paper tag, but the Jumpman branded versions did.
 ​
mean.gif
 ​
But that's Nike/JB for you, they always leave you wantin' more, so you'll buy the next retro...
 ​
Anyways, the new pics that were posted yesterday, have to be a sample, or fakes... The insole only says "Nike", and should also have "Air".
 ​
I haven't seen an actual remaster with just "Nike" on the insole yet, hopefully they make the insole red also...
 ​
Hell, I'll take the insole with a "Jumpman", just make it red...
 ​
I'll rep you when I can @green rhino123, I'm currently over the limit.

Last edited:
JB never retros a OG the exact same way it was originally released

its all a marketing tool kinda like apple with the iPhone

never give them what they want fully to keep them wanting more

over the years yall should know this
That's a dumb strategy then. We'd buy the same shoe in 2 years again if it were exactly like the OG even if this 2016 was exactly like OG too. There's no reason to alter them in anyway. The market never suggested that would be a good idea. These aren't new computers, these are 'retro' sneakers. Its slightly different.

Last edited:

That's a dumb strategy then. We'd buy the same shoe in 2 years again if it were exactly like the OG even if this 2016 was exactly like OG too. There's no reason to alter them in anyway. The market never suggested that would be a good idea. These aren't new computers, these are 'retro' sneakers. Its slightly different.
I think the iPhone analogy is a poor one, however, their strategy is very valid.  We'll keep buying if it's different and closer to the OG each time.  If it's the exact same shoe, and 100% OG, we wouldn't buy it 2 years later....why would we?  Most of us have enough shoes that these aren't getting trashed in 2 years.... Varying them slightly each time is surely aggravating, but a very valid strategy, and makes each launch unique in its own way.

Shut up and take my money.
                                                                                saw these last night & all i can say is...

GRAIL STATUS! Completely makes up for me offing my 11's !!!!      im so in. 2 pairs at least debating 3.....

to the people crying about the blue tint or upper or WHATEVER. stay away on RD
tongue.gif
 more for me! 

The fakes are pretty dead on to how the shoe will actually be
98% the finished version

I seriously doubt the .ru folks have the schematics this early. These aren't even in production yet. 

I seriously doubt the .ru folks have the schematics this early. These aren't even in production yet. 

dont be surprised. its not like the .ru workers cant network with the people who are making the actual production pairs and share their blueprints. these probably are grey market versions. I see these coming out no later than summer 2016

Don't take this personal my tone writing this is calm

I'm going to throw a few pictures at you
View media item 1829244
As far as these not being in production already that's false
View media item 1829250From the Nike production team
And if we take it a step further it's no secret that Grey Market has been showing what's to come for awhile now,

Example was the 88 Black Cement 3s

If you look at early pictures of the Alternate 89 4s
Almost 98% of what the Nike Pictures look like
And we got a leak of those 89s waaaay before we knew what they were

I'm not going to get into a big GM debate
The rules are pretty strict about such Activity

Don't take this personal my tone writing this is calm

I'm going to throw a few pictures at you

As far as these not being in production already that's false

From the Nike production team
And if we take it a step further it's no secret that Grey Market has been showing what's to come for awhile now,

Example was the 88 Black Cement 3s

If you look at early pictures of the Alternate 89 4s
Almost 98% of what the Nike Pictures look like
And we got a leak of those 89s waaaay before we knew what they were

I'm not going to get into a big GM debate
The rules are pretty strict about such Activity
Bro. The shoes in those pics are clearly different than the fake ones in the pic I posted about a few minutes ago.

Look at the tongue netting... The ankle bumps... They're nothing alike except for the blue tinted soles. That pretty much nullifies your whole point. If the shoes pictured here are what we're getting then there is nothing to worry about. If whats in those pics earlier happens then we need to start a petition ASAP.

Via @Atrainkickz on Twitter:

JORDAN RETRO 5

$220 - OG NIKE AIR ON THE BACK?????

845035-003

7.5-15

EARLY LINK
bit.ly/1Nohtur

what you guys think i could get for my 2000 retro pair? i only wore it a few times so it probably isnt wearable. you think i could sell on ebay without someone trying to charge back?

Whew..HOT GARBAGE. I'm praying to the so called sneaker gods that these grails don't release like this. Good lord. Everything about this is so wrong. I sincerely hope these are samples. Black netting on the tongue would be the JB troll job of the century IMO. No way they release like this. And while I don't necessarily mind the blue tint I'd definitely prefer they go back to the clear sole for these or at least the milky sole we got on maroons/72-10 11s. Especially with these being apart of the remastered campaign. But yeah it's funny to see dudes drooling over this picture. This actually made me mad lol but it's more than likely just a sample so I'll chill. But damn.

Back
Top Bottom