Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

I doubt they'd keep the smoked outsole. I hope they just bring back the good ole' clear outsoles. Didn't people's maroons and 72-10s come yellowed? I'm not a fan of the blue sole too much but I'd take that over the cream sole. 
I think the only pairs that came yellowed were the GS pair just because they used a different outsole.

Yeah I guess I meant the clear clear sole, not like the Maroon 6's.

I think the soles on the Maroon 6's and the 72-10's look real nice on them.

Didn't notice the black netting on the tongue either.

Hope JB fixes that. Then again, beggars can't be choosers. These are beautiful regardless. 

this model is when the air jordan peaked imo

6's were cool & i had a pair of black/infrareds but the 5 is better

give me a large jumpman on the tongue, visible air units & nike air on the heel!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Bigsykedaddy  ​
Yeah I know these are probably fakes (or samples) but they really need to change that netting under the tongue. Also do you guys think they will do a true clear sole like the OGs had (and the maroon 6's this year) instead of that new blue crap that was on the infrared 6's​
 ​
Originally Posted by jaylaw15  ​
I doubt they'd keep the smoked outsole. I hope they just bring back the good ole' clear outsoles. Didn't people's maroons and 72-10s come yellowed? I'm not a fan of the blue sole too much but I'd take that over the cream sole. ​

I'll take them with a blue tint sole, or the OG clear sole. The blue tint sole never really bothered me honestly, and it slowed down the yellowing process. My Bulls 60+'s had a clear sole and they didn't yellow quickly.
 ​
But, the netting on the side of my 2011 Black/Metallic's 5's is yellowing. The midsole is startin' to yellow also. I guess it's just how you store them, at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Wasnt the side netting dark like on the tongue originally? Now it looks like it could go either way. I hope they decide to make the whole thing like the tongue if its indeed clear and not smoked like the OG.

Quote:​
Originally Posted by jaylaw15  ​
The material on the whole shoe is the sme as the Aqua 8s of this year, just like the OGs, the ankle/collar portion looks like its embossed/smoothed out which makes it look like leather I THINK. This is a nod to the orignal although not quite ​
 ​
Repped again for that pic @jaylaw15, here's some more OG pics that I found. If you NTers need a reference.
 ​
I posted the BEST pics I could find, most OG Black/Metallic's did not age well.
 ​
laugh.gif
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
pimp.gif
 ​
PE's
 ​
nthat.gif
 ​
 ​
OG red Nike Air insoles would've been a real nice touch, but it's no deal breaker. Hopefully, the 5's in those pics that were posted are not the final product. That black netting must be fixed, and fixed immediately!!!

Last edited:
I don't understand why the blue tinted soles bother people so much.  The pairs I've received with that tint are barely noticeable.  You really have to look hard in the right light for it to be noticeable.  And it slows the fugly yellowing process, which is a great thing.  The press shots make them look so blue; they're just not that visible.

These pics above look fake to me.  Weird Jumpman shape on the tongue, dot before and after the "I" on the heel, black mesh on the tongue...just not right....

​
Quote:​
Originally Posted by PWGuy  ​
I don't understand why the blue tinted soles bother people so much.  The pairs I've received with that tint are barely noticeable.  You really have to look hard in the right light for it to be noticeable.  And it slows the fugly yellowing process, which is a great thing.  The press shots make them look so blue; they're just not that visible.​
 ​
The blue soles don't really bother me either @PWGuy. Like I said earlier, I'll take them with the OG clear soles, or the blue tint soles. The blue soles aren't a deal breaker IMO, the black mesh tongue is though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom