Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

these are either samples or some very high quality fakes. jb DID have a pair of purple maroon 6s with the nike air in a much smaller font. 

Last edited:
There's something that's been bothering me with the 2016 retro...

Is the plush part on the ankle that big on the OGs? Or was it smaller?

I saw my 2013s and that part looked very bulky to me.

There's something that's been bothering me with the 2016 retro...

Is the plush part on the ankle that big on the OGs? Or was it smaller?

I saw my 2013s and that part looked very bulky to me.
the bumps on the OG are less prominent. 

Excited for these, based on the pics theyre going back to the original Scotchlite material :wow:

That is the best feature of the 5s to me. I want that scotchlite that flashes BRIGHT, unlike every 5 from 2006-now :smh:

yeah one of the grails...:smokin hopefully one pair...gonna need deuces...

Last edited:
Kinda hoping these pics are of the fakes because the black netting on the tongue doesn't look good. How are you going to bring back a shoe in "OG form" and not do it right all the way?

I was also blindsided by the Nike Air, that I didn't notice initially.

Last edited:
Kinda hoping these pics are of the fakes because the black netting on the tongue doesn't look good. How are you going to bring back a shoe in "OG form" and not do it right all the way?

I was also blindsided by the Nike Air, that I didn't notice initially.

I thought something was different when I posted photo but after you said that I see what you mean. Hopefully it's a sample.

Black netting on the tongue doesn't bother me I didn't notice it until you guys mentioned it. It's gonna always be covered by the laces so I don't really care all that much

I could be in the minority here but i actually prefer the milky soles of the maroon 6s / 72-10's. Its a clean look. Or they could give me the clear sole like the OG / 2000 retro.

I always thought the 5 was right up there along with BC3s and BC4s in terms of aging INCREDIBLY well. The way the mesh and clear soles turn that golden yellow 
smokin.gif
. It just looked vintage, like a nice worn in leather biker jacket.

it just kind of symbolized those who REALLY enjoyed their 5s and beat them down and appreciated the model.

This is just my opinion.

I could be in the minority here but i actually prefer the milky soles of the maroon 6s / 72-10's. Its a clean look. Or they could give me the clear sole like the OG / 2000 retro.

I always thought the 5 was right up there along with BC3s and BC4s in terms of aging INCREDIBLY well. The way the mesh and clear soles turn that golden yellow :smokin . It just looked vintage, like a nice worn in leather biker jacket.

it just kind of symbolized those who REALLY enjoyed their 5s and beat them down and appreciated the model.

This is just my opinion.

Agree with everything bolded, accept that I feel like for these a nice clear or even a blue tint sole works best, aint no greater feeling than getting a brand new Jordan V blue sole and beating it to the ground yourself

Did the og's really have a red insole I think that's pretty awesome it adds a subtle touch to the shoe from that prospective that's something I never knew or noticed....sweet

JB never retros a OG the exact same way it was originally released

its all a marketing tool kinda like apple with the iPhone

never give them what they want fully to keep them wanting more

over the years yall should know this

Last edited:
2011's were an easy cop. Left work at 4:30 and all stores had fsr. Online too. But the material on those were :x, same long hair nubuck like the 2012 bred 4's. I hope these don't have that.

It looks like they fixed the shape on the new ones. More like the 2000 and 2006. 11' were alittle off.

Last edited:
Best pics Ive seen of the OGs so far. It seems that they still can't get the ankle portion of the show %100 right, I'm just glad its not the flat durabuck all over the whole shoe, it would make the shoe bland to me. 

Back
Top Bottom