Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Whew..HOT GARBAGE. I'm praying to the so called sneaker gods that these grails don't release like this. Good lord. Everything about this is so wrong. I sincerely hope these are samples. Black netting on the tongue would be the JB troll job of the century IMO. No way they release like this. And while I don't necessarily mind the blue tint I'd definitely prefer they go back to the clear sole for these or at least the milky sole we got on maroons/72-10 11s. Especially with these being apart of the remastered campaign. But yeah it's funny to see dudes drooling over this picture. This actually made me mad lol but it's more than likely just a sample so I'll chill. But damn.

Don't know what those are pics of but JB is definitely not releasing those as the Metallic 5s. Just look at the 5s in the design room pics a couple posts up. Completely different shoe.

I'm guessing we'll still get the blue sole, little less leathery look on the ankle but prob a little more defined than the 2000 pair's ankle which is fine with me. No way we're getting black netting but I have no expectations for JB to drop the boot shape. If JB can keep the same shape for the 6s and make the maroons the same way I'm sure the 5s will be the same. 

I have no complaints about anything we've seen though except for the black netting. Again, that pair above is prob a look see sample similar to the Purple maroons with the strange NIKE AIR font we saw in their 016 product photo. I dont think these are fakes, Fakes/GM Pairs usually get the colors and materials close, I doubt they'd make the netting black on purpose(JUST MY SPECULATION/ OPINION).

There's no way these launch with a milky outsole as that wouldn't be anywhere near OG.  Blue tint helps prevent/slow yellowing, and is barely noticeable.  JB pics makes them look really blue, but it's just not the case in the real world, so letting that bother you is a waste of time.

I'm guessing we'll still get the blue sole, little less leathery look on the ankle but prob a little more defined than the 2000 pair's ankle which is fine with me. No way we're getting black netting but I have no expectations for JB to drop the boot shape. If JB can keep the same shape for the 6s and make the maroons the same way I'm sure the 5s will be the same. 

I have no complaints about anything we've seen though except for the black netting. Again, that pair above is prob a look see sample similar to the Purple maroons with the strange NIKE AIR font we saw in their 016 product photo. I dont think these are fakes, Fakes/GM Pairs usually get the colors and materials close, I doubt they'd make the netting black on purpose(JUST MY SPECULATION/ OPINION).
What black netting are you talking about.

OG's did not have black netting on the tongue...
Oh, I was looking at the inside the 3M tongue itself.  The netting on the tongue part is suppose to be icy, which means those are not the 5s that are releasing. JB/Nike already previewed the Nike Air Black Metallic 5s in their article.  Why are you all going by that picture up there, as you can see on the official JB/Nike article the tongue netting is icy like it suppose to be.

Last edited:
We getting black netting
Jordan Brand is gonna come out with a story saying "back in xx Jordan wanted the netting on the tongue to be black, now our design team is revisiting the original blue prints to bring you the Black metallic 5s"

Same bs story like the pre grapes being the original grapes

I'm not serious

We getting black netting
Jordan Brand is gonna come out with a story saying "back in xx Jordan wanted the netting on the tongue to be black, now our design team is revisiting the original blue prints to bring you the Black metallic 5s"

Same bs story like the pre grapes being the original grapes

I'm not serious

I would be really surprised if this actually happened.

this is crazy to me.. where do these come from? Afew is in my area I might even go there and ask some day because this baffles me so much. Did they hold back on pairs 4 years ago? Did they somehow got a new batch of 4 year old Jordans? Did they get re-released by Nike? 
sick.gif

this is crazy to me.. where do these come from? Afew is in my area I might even go there and ask some day because this baffles me so much. Did they hold back on pairs 4 years ago? Did they somehow got a new batch of 4 year old Jordans? Did they get re-released by Nike? :x

Looks like some of these shops have a "vault" for lack of a better word. Size? Dropped a whole bunch of previously sold out huaraches in the same way.

NDC's teaser pics show clear netting.

The one that I posted must be a sample.

Uh, no. The ones NIKE shown in those design room photos IS the sample. The one you posted looks fake. No offense.

We already have two remastered Jordan Vs this year. All this one differ will be the NA logo and material. The ones in the picture you found has giant tumor for ankle bubble which doesn't even look the same as the already remastered Vs.

Last edited:
Uh, no. The ones NIKE shown in those design room photos IS the sample. The one you posted looks fake. No offense.

We already have two remastered Jordan Vs this year. All this one differ will be the NA logo and material. The ones in the picture you found has giant tumor for ankle bubble which doesn't even look the same as the already remastered Vs.

I'm hoping the 3m on the tongue of the re-remastered black metallics come out better than the remastered white metallics 3m tongue.

Just postin what I see, fam.

I'm looking forward to better pics tho. I hate that enlarged ankle bubble. 

Just postin what I see, fam.

I'm looking forward to better pics tho. I hate that enlarged ankle bubble. 
all good. was just looking at that guy's pics on instagram and then realchickenwop's ... some interesting stuff. some looks like they might be legit, but i'm pretty iffy about it. 

Back
Top Bottom