Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Close enough for me. The reason they changed it is because the OG reflective material started to chip and peel after time and there was no way to fix it. the OGs and 2000s had this problem
I would like to see a tongue comparison with the other 5s that released between 2015 - 2016

dunno if anyone remembers but

the 2006 release was weird with the tounge.

some had lower ones and some had REALLY big ones.

i didn't eem notice this until i was selling a pair on here and a guy asked me which it had.

i got 3 pairs of 06s and two had the smaller one,

I'm glad y'all ain't complaining about the air bubble unit color like in the cement 4s thread

These look close but I still think aquas and bordos were really on point as far as OG remastered

Last edited:
Blue sole is the issue here. We've gotten beyond the og durabuck and the tongue is not bad

IMO, this is the closest we're going to get. The blue sole isn't going to be an issue if used as intended. They'll yellow in no time, go wear them in the rain. I doubt anyone's going to wait another ten years on the possibility of a version that addresses the nitpicking.

I'm surprised more people aren't ecstatic seeing as how the past blk/metallic versions have been so terrible. I've noticed a growing trend of people praising post '05 releases. Most were absolute garbage quality and build. Maybe it has to do with the younger enthusiasts being nostalgic.

You guys think I can get a trade straight up for these with one of my cement iv,s?
i would say it is a bad trade for you unless you just don't want them. I see these sitting like the Maroon 6s for a little. It is an OG colorway getting an OG treatment, but at the end of the day it is a all black shoe and $220. The Cement 4 is much more iconic IMO than these.

^cant compare these to maroon 6s. This is thee best 5 by far for a lot of people. And especially after those horrible joints in 2011. The 220 will make me a little easier to get but they'll b gone quickly...

^cant compare these to maroon 6s. This is thee best 5 by far for a lot of people. And especially after those horrible joints in 2011. The 220 will make me a little easier to get but they'll b gone quickly...
I am not comparing shoe to shoe, I am just saying that this is a release where it is an outstanding shoe, but it isn't an outstanding colorway to the average consumer.

Back
Top Bottom