Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Metallic Red" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

SMH LMAO! So y'all honestly have zero desire to actually have to put in work to get them? Y'all are completely cool with waiting for them to go on discount and grabbing them then?
Why pay more if they can possibly be had at a much lower price? That's just throwing money away :lol:

Smart money pays less. That's how the rich stay rich :wink:

Last edited:
Random thought but it would be nice if Nike made the entire Metallic Pack limited. Hunting for shoes brings excitement to the hobby...
No. Find an OG pair and let everybody else feast on discount retros. So selfish :lol:

Random thought but it would be nice if Nike made the entire Metallic Pack limited. Hunting for shoes brings excitement to the hobby...
View media item 2426868

SMH LMAO! So y'all honestly have zero desire to actually have to put in work to get them? Y'all are completely cool with waiting for them to go on discount and grabbing them then?
None whatsoever, I love to get the shoes I want on discount. When I like something I grab on RD and if it goes on sale down the line I do what I call a forced price match :lol:

LOL! I definitely understand. I bought MotorSport 4's on release day then City Blue ended up having them for $133. I bought them from City Blue and returned the release day pair back to FinishLine.

I'm all for a discount myself but as far as the collecting part of this sport/hobby, I so enjoy having to actually try and get a pair vs waking up and walking into the store and buying it. It's so boring. That's why I dibble and dabble with PE's here and there. Amazing how times have changed. We used to LOVE collecting harder to get releases. Air Force 1 Atmos, West Indies, Taiwan's, Wheats, Flax, LA's, Puerto Rico's, Dunk SB Supas, Supremes, etc. Back then, we used to love actually hunting for kicks. Makes getting them that much sweeter...

If you want to pay more for a shoe be my guest. As a matter of fact when you get to the store, close your eyes and reach around until you feel them on the wall then give the employee twice as much for compensation. Good luck.

I think I know what's going on now. You guys keep referring to price. Me, I'm referring to the actual thrill of the hobby. Let me give y'all an example.

I started collecting Doernbecher collection because it's actually fun hunting for the shoes and trying to catch them for a good deal/steal. Searching and hunting is the fun part of COLLECTING.

Last edited by a moderator:
no just 2 because champs aint getting them.

Oh yeah forgot champs not getting them
Well that is weird
Maybe demand is there
I noticed only a few FTL near me are getting them
All stores near me doing FCFS

Last edited:
Why pay more if they can possibly be had at a much lower price? That's just throwing money away :lol:

Smart money pays less. That's how the rich stay rich :wink:

Once again, money. Trust me, I hear y'all loud and clear. I want Kobe Jordan 9's and Pantone 7's. I'll be getting both when i can find them for $100 or less. I understand exactly what y'all are saying.

Do y'all share my same enthusiasm as far as the enjoyment of collecting and acquiring elusive pairs? Dependable Jay, solesupreme, pevault, all of them will tell you the hunt is fun and it makes the payoff that much better. Walking into a store every weekend and buying shoes, there's zero excitement I that. I'm simply talking about the fun part of collecting, NOT the financial part.

Let's try it this way. You have the opportunity to have sex with 1 woman tonight. Local Wal-Mart chick who is pretty and thick lives 5min away from you or you can drive an hour away to a hotel where Halle Berry is waiting on you. Which one do you choose?

Last edited by a moderator:
No desire to put in work and wait for them to go on sale. Rather just walk in on a Saturday afternoon to grab em.

airforce1king airforce1king chasing after stuff can be fun if we're talking about rare or old stuff. And by rare your example of pe's would fit what I consider a fun chase. A retro of an OG GR doesn't need to be limited or hard to get.

All I'm buying are 1s at the moment. I love the hunt and I plan on getting these RD and discount down the line but I ain't trying to make pairs hard to get. I'll wait in line. I'll camp a day prior. I'll scour my surrounding area by bus to score raffle tickets, etc. Do I want to do it? No, but I know how badly I want the shoe and how certain pairs end up selling out so I do it anyway. If I walked into these stores and OG remaster 1s were always on shelves I'd feast and be happy as hell. I don't want limited quantities on the kicks I love. Spent too much time paying resell out of my means because pairs were scarce(or nonexistent) where I was at and limited everywhere else far in between.

I used to have hella fun at NTSF when they would have their live raffles for the bin series and other stuff. I get what your saying airforce1king airforce1king those were real fun times for me met a lot of good people there. But st the same time it's nice to get shoes you want on discount. Need a lil of both I guess :lol:

The "chase" isn't what it used to be like back in the day so, no, I longer share the same enthusiasm as you in that category anymore. airforce1king airforce1king

I do, however, enjoy collecting shoes from time-to-time knowing that what I once had back then is now readily available to purchase days, weeks, and even months later at a reasonable sale price. For me, chasing discount steals is better than chasing a tail I know I won't catch.

But, to get back to the main topic, I'm hoping these will hit the Navy Metallic prices so I can double up [emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]

Last edited:
FA
6xwz85.jpg

SP
2j4tukm.jpg

JJ
2uoru3d.jpg

Villa
1zme643.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, Nike on the ball with these.. says they shipped at midnight last night, and they'll be to me Monday. :D

Mine should be here Monday also
Package is only like 20 miles from me
But too bad ups don't deliver on sat

Just scooped for 150 from hotnessfeet on eBay. If these get discounted I'll score a 2nd pair.

Just copped from ISS for 169 shipped. Was just going to wake up early and attack it, but I'm not taking any chances.

They've been pretty popular.. kix square sold through most sizes couple days ago. They may hang around in store since everyone got em early.. :lol:

Can discount codes be applied in store? I have a 20% off I would like to use towards these. Also are these considered a launch item and have the 48 hour stipulation rule that you can't use codes on? 

Back
Top Bottom