Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
It was 30 years ago bud. What do you want, me to remember?

Playing around.

But for me, I will always remember that number $64.95. At the time, that was like $6 Million to me. Mom was like what? You think I'm getting those for you? Here, you are taking these $20 reeboks.

Never wore those summabishes.

I kinda feel this. I'm only 28 so I was born 2 years after these but I have a picture of me in IIIs when I was really small but the first pair I remember was when my mom bought me the infrared VIs... I wish alot of the older cats that actually watched the man lace up his rookie year could have gotten these. It's different nowadays when you can buy a pair of Lebrons but he'll wear 30 different colors you can never have compared to the people that came up wearing what Mike was wearing. It's deeper than this corrupt hobby for those.

Almost every pair give me the warm tingly feeling of nostalgia. I remember recording rewinding and pausing the VHS to see the "clear bottomed black XI's"

Funny thing is the Concords make me think of Iverson more than they do Jordan.

Getting a little off topic now.

Last edited:

You're the best. I'm moving from Houston to San Diego, which  actually means a whale's Vagina if you didn't already know.  Anyway,  hopefully you'll be close by 
glasses.gif
damn, that upgrade you about to make.
Ha. I'm looking forward to living that West Coast life, but truth be told, I actually love Houston regardless of whether it's a concrete jungle or what others think of it. I've lived in the "South" my whole life and have enjoyed living in Central FL as a youth and the Gulf Coast ranging from FL to TX my entire adult life. I didn't want to be in my 60s wondering what it would be like living in SoCal. Fortunately for me, I got my #1 pick. Would have probably taken LA had it not been for the uncertainty of the unit.  

Lil dude was being a lame. Some how two size 10's were unclaimed/held from the raffle. He told me I had to wait till 6:00 to grab one. I was like cool, I'll wait till 6:00 then. I was the first person waiting in line for one of those two pairs. Keep in mind, I got two raffle tickets for a size 10 at that store (didn't get a call). Two other dudes came in the store. Cashier must have known them. When 6:00 rolled around he tells me that there weren't any pairs left. I seen the two pairs behind the register. He was holding them for the two dudes that were behind me. Both were no where near a size 10. I called him out on that BS. He told me he put both my raffle tickets in the trash on Monday as soon as I signed up.
mean.gif
Now know why I didn't win that some bull**** man, man **** Northwood's FA, **** Northwood's JJ, **** Northwood's FA ***** *** employees, **** Northwood's JJ ***** *** employees, and **** whoever rigs raffles.  2Pac Voice: My ** ** make sure all your kids don't grow!

This hobby keeps me sane honestly a bit stressful but sane.....lace up, step outside and be fly

Lil dude was being a lame. Some how two size 10's were unclaimed/held from the raffle. He told me I had to wait till 6:00 to grab one. I was like cool, I'll wait till 6:00 then. I was the first person waiting in line for one of those two pairs. Keep in mind, I got two raffle tickets for a size 10 at that store (didn't get a call). Two other dudes came in the store. Cashier must have known them. When 6:00 rolled around he tells me that there weren't any pairs left. I seen the two pairs behind the register. He was holding them for the two dudes that were behind me. Both were no where near a size 10. I called him out on that BS. He told me he put both my raffle tickets in the trash on Monday as soon as I signed up.
mean.gif
You call the corporate office on that store?

If you actually want to do something about this I would start by emailing Nike and tell them you are tired of all these games they are playing and by limiting everything. Tell them as a consumer you are getting turned off with every release going to re-sellers and computer aided carts, being very limited all the time and you are tired of their tactics.  You have the ability to not spend money on existing product and future products that aren't even shoe related. If people can hold strong and not pay for every limited release that comes out we have the ability to influence the change. Nike should implement some sort of pre-order system months in advance for the people that really want the shoe prior to producing them.

Me personally, I am tired of all the hoops it takes to land a pair of shoes these days and my patience is running low. Yes, I am guilty of reselling just like everyone else because I had to adapt and that is what it has come to now. You win on some releases and you lose on others. Frankly, I'm tired of all the games trying to secure a pair and they are very close to losing me as a customer all together.

Lance was cool but i was a big Natas fan as well as anything Dog Town. Growing up in Santa Monica, it was all about Natas and Santa Monica Airlines
Yeah, I was a huge natas guy. Remember all that satan stuff back in thrasher mail drop?
Speaking of thrasher, I've hung out with dr blackhart and mofo a few times--cool people.
I was also REALLY into h street awhile. I'd kill for a Hensley lamp post deck.

Yeah, I was a huge natas guy. Remember all that satan stuff back in thrasher mail drop?
Speaking of thrasher, I've hung out with dr blackhart and mofo a few times--cool people.
I was also REALLY into h street awhile. I'd kill for a Hensley lamp post deck.

those were the days. Best of times. Go skate, beat off, eat doritos for lunch, go skate, beat off again. Repeat the next day

If you actually want to do something about this I would start by emailing Nike and tell them you are tired of all these games they are playing and by limiting everything. Tell them as a consumer you are getting turned off with every release going to re-sellers and computer aided carts, being very limited all the time and you are tired of their tactics.  You have the ability to not spend money on existing product and future products that aren't even shoe related. If people can hold strong and not pay for every limited release that comes out we have the ability to influence the change. Nike should implement some sort of pre-order system months in advance for the people that really want the shoe prior to producing them.

Me personally, I am tired of all the hoops it takes to land a pair of shoes these days and my patience is running low. Yes, I am guilty of reselling just like everyone else because I had to adapt and that is what it has come to now. You win on some releases and you lose on others. Frankly, I'm tired of all the games trying to secure a pair and they are very close to losing me as a customer all together.
***** no, you trying to get me banned from buying Nike Products?

Just kidding, here a conversation I had a day ago:

Saun : Hi, my name is Saun. How may I help you? 
 Saun: Thank you for contacting Nike.com. How can I help you today? 
 AirSakuragi: Hello Saun I want to ask about the Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG 'Chicago', I notice you have cancelled the launch on you website. 
 Saun: That is corrrect 
 AirSakuragi: I understand why because of other "customers" using unfair tactics to purchase product 
 Saun: That is good. It seems like many customers do. 
 AirSakuragi: Not all, like myself; I tried your other third party retailers and they are having the same problem with "customers" using unfair tactics. 
 Saun: There are always going to be unscrupulous people, that is been true since the beginning of time. 
 Saun: Is there anything else that I can help you with today? 
 AirSakuragi: You are exactly right, most of those "customers" are now selling a size 12 (my size) on eBay and other eCommerce between the amounts of $400 to $600. With me being a college student I was only able to afford the suggested retail price ($160). 
 Saun: in order tu truly stop that from happening, people would have to say, in a unified fashion,"We will not buy overpriced merchandise" People aren't gonna do that. 
 Saun: People are to addicted to the status, and spending money. 
 Saun: To truly stop reselling, people should stop spending money with the reseller... even if it means doing without those Jordans. 
 Saun: Just my point of view. 
 AirSakuragi: Again, you hit the nail on the head; I'm definitely not going to buy at that price and the only way I can manage to get these is by the Nike.com release later. Whatever Nike comes up with to stop these unfair tactics I wish them the best of luck. 
 Saun: I applaud the effort, but as I am sure you know every system that can be made can be exploited. The only matter is time. 
 AirSakuragi: I know, anything can be hacked this day in age and their will always be those who find a way to do so.  
 Saun: Exactly, people grow more intelligent much earlier. 
 Saun: But there aren't enough wise people to go around unfortunately. 
 AirSakuragi: I guess you can put it that way but they also lose their humility. 
 Saun: The wise know better. Intellect without wisdom is like a gun in the hands of a 6 year old. 
 AirSakuragi: Saun you are one wise and sage like individual, I respect that; well anyways I am just a concern customer that cares for the product and hate how it being exploited by others for personal gain. 
 Saun: I can honestly say that nike does take measures to prevent resellers from profiting from consumers. 
 AirSakuragi: Intercepting packages and other techniques; I heard stories of those. 
 Saun: That really does happen. 
 Saun: Fraud department also cancels the orders created by people who resell if it can truly be proven. 
 AirSakuragi: Amazing, well I guess it's not a myth at all. I presume some do slip through the cracks though? 
 Saun: Of course. You can't just accuse people of things, you have to prove them. 
 Saun: But I have see circumstances where people are banned from purchasing. 
 AirSakuragi: Innocent until proving guilty and such; yes, now I heard some people who have been banned from purchasing Nike products before. 
 Saun: That really does happen. 
 AirSakuragi: There are loopholes that some can use to get around it though. 
 Saun: People who violate nike terms of use policy on Nike.com will be banned from using the site. 
 Saun: And yes there are loopholes. Every net has holes, if it didn't it wouldn't be a net. 
 AirSakuragi: I understandable, I guess I have some answers about you policies and such; thank you I appreciate this. I understand if you're not allowed to but do you have any speculation with these will release on the site or a restock? 
 Saun: They haven't released a neqw launch date yet unfortunately. 
 Saun: *new 
 AirSakuragi: Oh, when they made the SNKRS application available to the populace I feel that it became an app version of Nike's website and it made it harder to purchase the shoes. 
 Saun: I don't think that it was made to make it harder for the customers on nike.com. 
 AirSakuragi: I guess, but it has worked pretty good since it release but people have already started hacking it. 
 Saun: No surprise there. 
 AirSakuragi: Yes, well thank you for answering my question and giving me a little knowledge as well, I appreciate it. 
 Saun: Not a problem. 
 Saun: Thank you for contacting Nike.com 

AirSakuragi: You're welcome! 

P.S. Is Saun a AI or a real person?

The years the 94 and 01 came out I was more interested in drugs.
But now I'm a family man with straight priorities.
1s are high on that list.
I still skate too.
Lol same bruh with the drugs and skating. I'm 32 tho so 2000-2004 was into the drugs and skating so not much room for buying to many kicks but would manage to cop here and there ( AM1, Haight St Vandals, Blazers ) at 21 hooked up with a chick that was 25 same school Kobe went to at Lower Merion skating Love Park at the time. First J's where 92 or 93 Allstar 8's well that's what I called em cause there was only home and away then later found out people calling them aqua 8's. Pops got them in a sz 7 tho since they where cheaper than the 7.5 
laugh.gif
 S/O to you pops

I'm 18 
embarassed.gif

Do drugs bro TF......

jkjkjk

Back
Top Bottom