Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
i'm 36 and about to unds these chi's

Checking in at 34. Mine get here Monday from ShoePalace. Was going to shelf them but I know they are going to be calling my name! :frown:

Hoping to get a 2nd pair for the vault.

Last edited:
Shoot. I'll be 41 in 3 weeks. I'll be rocking Chicagos.

Swear Imma be in Jordans till the day I die.. I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. At one point my family and friends reached out and they tried to get me to stop and I kinda snapped on everybody and I was really close to ending my collection but nah.. It's my hobby and I love it I don't see an end

Last edited:

You're the same size as me and MF Gooze. If your sig has your correct shoe size, show us youngsters(to you I'm young
tongue.gif
) some love when you want to give up your 1s. 
nthat.gif

Sure. When I get tired of them they're yours.
You're the best. I'm moving from Houston to San Diego, which  actually means a whale's Vagina if you didn't already know.  Anyway,  hopefully you'll be close by 
glasses.gif

Every release gon be a pain in the *** dude. Just wait week of release your mind is changed. You know you want them.

nothing is pain in the *** for me, really. I typically pay resell.

And I really don't want them. Don't know when/why i would wear them when i have other options. Its not like I'm gonna have one of those days when I'll wake up and say "Hmmmm, I want to wear orange today."

Never in my life have I ever wanted to wear orange. I don't even mess with orange pumpkin candy containers on Halloween!

Nope to Shattered, 50/50 on the UNC's.

Just turned 40 last month, first pair was fire red IV. Tried like hell but couldn't get a pair of these, retail or bust for me on every single release.

On an unrelated topic, I'm sick of seeing kids on this board clamor for OG everything when they never lived it. I want this cuz the original had it, makes me sick, ok I'll get off my soapbox now.

Keep on doin it gents.

Last edited:
Just turned 40 last month, first pair was fire red IV. Tried like hell but couldn't get a pair of these, retail or bust for me on every single release.

On an unrelated topic, I'm sick of seeing kids on this board clamor for OG everything when they never lived it. I want this cuz the original had it, makes me sick, ok I'll get off my soapbox now.

Keep on doin it gents.

This **** is 100% about nostalgia for me. Damn near owned every pair since the 3's dropped and my Mom bought me a pair. Skipped school and dodged truant officers for the OG 11's. Each and every color way. God damn it!

Stripes!

Last edited:
Correct term is "OG," not "old AF", if you wanna be PC ... :D
All I know is I was about 11 when I first laid eyes on these beauties. My mom wouldn't spend $65 on breds for me.
So I never got em.
We got these later in the 80s to skate because they were always on clearance and looked cool (see animal chin).
The years the 94 and 01 came out I was more interested in drugs.
But now I'm a family man with straight priorities.
1s are high on that list.
I still skate too.

Keep on doin it gents.
I kinda feel this. I'm only 28 so I was born 2 years after these but I have a picture of me in IIIs when I was really small but the first pair I remember was when my mom bought me the infrared VIs... I wish alot of the older cats that actually watched the man lace up his rookie year could have gotten these. It's different nowadays when you can buy a pair of Lebrons but he'll wear 30 different colors you can never have compared to the people that came up wearing what Mike was wearing. It's deeper than this corrupt hobby for those.

Whoa, I got a nice surprise today. I got through on 1 pair on Eastbay but I felt it was a little later than others. I figured my order was cancelled, but didn't have the heart to confirm it by checking my email. I finally decided to look, and I got shipment confirmation today! I haven't had luck w/ Eastbay since the DMPs...forreals. I all but gave up on them.

All I know is I was about 11 when I first laid eyes on these beauties. My mom wouldn't spend $65 on breds for me.
So I never got em.
We got these later in the 80s to skate because they were always on clearance and looked cool (see animal chin).
I still skate too.

$64.95

Lmaooo what happened?

Lil dude was being a lame. Some how two size 10's were unclaimed/held from the raffle. He told me I had to wait till 6:00 to grab one. I was like cool, I'll wait till 6:00 then. I was the first person waiting in line for one of those two pairs. Keep in mind, I got two raffle tickets for a size 10 at that store (didn't get a call). Two other dudes came in the store. Cashier must have known them. When 6:00 rolled around he tells me that there weren't any pairs left. I seen the two pairs behind the register. He was holding them for the two dudes that were behind me. Both were no where near a size 10. I called him out on that BS. He told me he put both my raffle tickets in the trash on Monday as soon as I signed up. :smh:

Last edited:
So I never got em.
I still skate too.

I'm with ya on all of that. I have my OG Powell Peralta Ripper board to this day. I think I may bust it out when my Chi's come in and go for a ride!

Back
Top Bottom