Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
If you say so man, I was just saying that after the initial NDC release the Chicagos will restock/appear in a restock.  The price thing was a guess as I said before these are probably not going to $500 to $600 the whole time.

They actually will. Now that people know what this shoe sells for, people who don't even have interest in them will buy to trade for something that missed out on in the past. And no cart holding means that they will go faster than ever. Give it to the end of the year and they might even hit for a solid 800-900

These have better quality than both of those combined, and are more iconic than both of those combined, and not to mention they are more comfortable than both combined. I like the colorways of the Breds and Royals a lot, but this Chicago is just done absolutely correct. it's str8 fuego!!!!! 
nthat.gif
Agreed with comfort, new mold etc which is logical.. but the market is not. Hypebeasts dont care about comfort. The market is mostly based on hype.. which is why Royals had gone for more than Breds. As bad as this release was I dont think it was Royals-level bad. At least there's still some hope for NDC release later.

and it doesnt get more iconic than Bred 1s. Too much history there.

Think you're being a bit dramatic... great shoe; however, if all 3 shoes were released at the same time, I'm sure the Chis would be the last of that 3 to go. Granted they'd still sell out quick and within milliseconds, I just think you're overestimating these shoes a bit.
Chicago's are definitely more iconic and than the other 2 but the other 2 are just way overhyped... hell the least iconic OG 1 (Fragments) would be the first to go if they all released at the same time.

1. Chicagos

2. Black Toes

3. Black/Red

the rest don't deserved to be mentioned.
Call it what you want. At the end the day, Breds, Royals, or otherwise, most people would rather have Breds regardless of whether Jordan wore them much during the season. If they were all to release at the same time, the Chi's wouldn't be the first to sell out.  I stand by the statement, those Chis aren't more iconic than both combined.

Last edited:

Agreed with comfort, new mold etc which is logical.. but the market is not. Hypebeasts dont care about comfort. The market is mostly based on hype.. which is why Royals had gone for more than Breds. As bad as this release was I dont think it was Royals-level bad. At least there's still some hope for NDC release later.

and it doesnt get more iconic than Bred 1s. Too much history there.
more than the Chicago's? 
eyes.gif

I had two pairs and gave in. Kinda regret it now since I only see prices going up from here (even after Nike restocks). Oh well, I cashed in early to get a free pair of DS Breds. Why not bring them with you and sell them in Asia? Prices here will never top theirs.
Yea if i sell them i'll be bringing them to Asia. Bruh all i wanted to do was just to wear them and all these complications come up... effing NDC

Last edited:

Call it what you want. At the end the day, Breds, Royals, or otherwise, most people would rather have Breds regardless of whether Jordan wore them much during the season. If they were all the release at the same time, the Chi's wouldn't be the first to sell out.  I stand by the statement, those Chis aren't more iconic than both combined.
I'm talking purely about history and what the man wore. People would rather have Fragments and Royals because of the hype and going price... that's it. Sit all of these OG 1s in front of someone that watched him play his rookie year and see which shoe they pick up.

Chicago's are definitely more iconic and than the other 2 but the other 2 are just way overhyped... hell the least iconic OG 1 (Fragments) would be the first to go if they all released at the same time.
1. Chicagos
2. Black Toes
3. Black/Red
the rest don't deserved to be mentioned.

IMO
1. Chicago
2. B/W
3. Shadows
4. Royals
5. Black Toes
6. Breds

Been MIA for a bit, but nice pics @awsome blossom
:nerd: at those Shattered Backboards. Really hope that release isn't as bad as this one, but I think it will be.

Anyway, congrats on those who flourished w/ this release. No luck in the states for me (yet), but a homie overseas picked up a pair for me at retail + ship. Gonna be around $215 total for me after shipping. I HATE when I can't cop at retail, but I'm not complaining seeing these prices. smdh. And I found a local who states he will do $260 for his pair....so as long as he doesn't flake out tomorrow, I'm meeting him to hopefully get a 2nd pair.

Last edited:
Been MIA for a bit, but nice pics @awsome blossom
:nerd::nerd: at those Shattered Backboards. Really hope that release isn't as bad as this one, but I think it will be.

Anyway, congrats on those who flourished w/ this release. No luck in the states for me (yet), but a homie overseas picked up a pair for me at retail + ship. Gonna be around $215 total for me after shipping. I HATE when I can't cop at retail, but I'm not complaining seeing these prices. smdh. And I found a local who states he will do $260 for his pair....so as long as he doesn't flake out tomorrow, I'm meeting him to hopefully get a 2nd pair.
That 260 is pretty good for the current market. 

Call it what you want. At the end the day, Breds, Royals, or otherwise, most people would rather have Breds regardless of whether Jordan wore them much during the season. If they were all to release at the same time, the Chi's wouldn't be the first to sell out.  I stand by the statement, those Chis aren't more iconic than both combined.

I agree with you on this statement. When those Jordan X Materazzi 94 Tiempos dropped last year, guess which one sat and which ones sold out??

Call it what you want. At the end the day, Breds, Royals, or otherwise, most people would rather have Breds regardless of whether Jordan wore them much during the season. If they were all the release at the same time, the Chi's wouldn't be the first to sell out.  I stand by the statement, those Chis aren't more iconic than both combined.
I'm talking purely about history and what the man wore. People would rather have Fragments and Royals because of the hype and going price... that's it. Sit all of these OG 1s in front of someone that watched him play his rookie year and see which shoe they pick up.
I'm old to to have seen him play and have worn his shoes 1-6 when they actually released. I'd still take Bred 1s over the Chi 1s regardless of how limited they were if you were to put them in front of me.  

Back
Top Bottom