Nike Air Griffey Max II (Spring/Summer, 2011)

^
If I were you, I wouldn't even sweat it.  In fact, last 3+ years, being patient has paid off.

Best thing about the evolution of the internet and this hobby -- you can get what you want, when you want.

May have to pay a little more and not get a discount if you don't get by release time, but that's 50/50 too if you keep you ears on the outlets...

^
If I were you, I wouldn't even sweat it.  In fact, last 3+ years, being patient has paid off.

Best thing about the evolution of the internet and this hobby -- you can get what you want, when you want.

May have to pay a little more and not get a discount if you don't get by release time, but that's 50/50 too if you keep you ears on the outlets...

I wore them pretty much all day yesterday and for work and yeah my feet hurt some but it wasn't terrible. I figured it was just breaking the shoe in but I'll definately be throwing in a gel insert into these next time. Funny enough I think the Griffey 1's were much more comfortable...I need to wear them again and see, it's been awhile.

BigJ: The Bordeaux's are pretty comfortable. I have a wide foot  so VII's generally are comfortable at least for me. Much better then the Griffey II's.

I wore them pretty much all day yesterday and for work and yeah my feet hurt some but it wasn't terrible. I figured it was just breaking the shoe in but I'll definately be throwing in a gel insert into these next time. Funny enough I think the Griffey 1's were much more comfortable...I need to wear them again and see, it's been awhile.

BigJ: The Bordeaux's are pretty comfortable. I have a wide foot  so VII's generally are comfortable at least for me. Much better then the Griffey II's.

can i just say again how tacky the carbon fiber is...EVERYTIME I look at it a just shake my head.

can i just say again how tacky the carbon fiber is...EVERYTIME I look at it a just shake my head.

Originally Posted by dimez81

exactly. i never even owned the OG griffey 2's yet i feel disresepcted by that sticker/cap looking thing. definitely just saved me $140 #thanksnike

exactly. i never even owned the OG griffey 2's yet i feel disresepcted by that sticker/cap looking thing. definitely just saved me $140 #thanksnike

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

^ Penny 1s were never comfortable imo.

Word.
Triple that! The Penny 1's were my favorite looking penny but they always felt like bricks on my feet for some reason lol. The Penny 2's were comfortable as hell tho. Still to this day one of my fav shoes to ball in.

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

^ Penny 1s were never comfortable imo.

Word.
Triple that! The Penny 1's were my favorite looking penny but they always felt like bricks on my feet for some reason lol. The Penny 2's were comfortable as hell tho. Still to this day one of my fav shoes to ball in.

Gel insoles will help any shoe tho. I thought they were fair for retros, considering the originals never were that padded to begin with. I have both, but my og pair is broken in and these arent, so I dont think its fair to compare the two just yet. I think the 1's are alot more inflexible on the midsole than these are. I think we all know by now that retro and quality are not synonyms tho. But on a retro scale of one to ten, these are still a 9 imo.

Gel insoles will help any shoe tho. I thought they were fair for retros, considering the originals never were that padded to begin with. I have both, but my og pair is broken in and these arent, so I dont think its fair to compare the two just yet. I think the 1's are alot more inflexible on the midsole than these are. I think we all know by now that retro and quality are not synonyms tho. But on a retro scale of one to ten, these are still a 9 imo.

^i wouldnt say that about every shoes. like people said penny 2 and 3's felt pretty good. griffey 1's were straight just like the uptempo '97's.

^i wouldnt say that about every shoes. like people said penny 2 and 3's felt pretty good. griffey 1's were straight just like the uptempo '97's.

Originally Posted by datboi81

I really want to know what the price difference is to manufacture this shoe with carbon fiber.  I would have paid an extra $5-10 for the carbon fiber....

Originally Posted by datboi81

I really want to know what the price difference is to manufacture this shoe with carbon fiber.  I would have paid an extra $5-10 for the carbon fiber....

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

anyone remember these retros from 2003

i want to get the freshwaters but cant bring my self to pay retail for a Griffey shoe 

396427220.jpg

i copped these for $65.00 

Man I loved that CW!  Got my pair from Finish Line for like $70 if I recall.  The quality wasn't fantastic, but since I got them for cheap I had no big complaints.  The upper creased quite a bit, so these became beaters pretty quickly, but they held up great.  Still have them in fact!

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

anyone remember these retros from 2003

i want to get the freshwaters but cant bring my self to pay retail for a Griffey shoe 

396427220.jpg

i copped these for $65.00 

Man I loved that CW!  Got my pair from Finish Line for like $70 if I recall.  The quality wasn't fantastic, but since I got them for cheap I had no big complaints.  The upper creased quite a bit, so these became beaters pretty quickly, but they held up great.  Still have them in fact!

I want a pair but there are so many kicks I want that I can't allow myself to drop $140. Anyone have any luck with the $30 off coupon at Footlocker?

Back
Top Bottom