Nike Air Griffey Max II (Spring/Summer, 2011)

Originally Posted by FDUB

Is it just me, or these shoes are not that comfortable? I wore them to school today for the first time and they feel very hard on the bottom like they are boots or something.. I got my normal size and they fit perfect and so forth, but they are not that comfortable to me.. They are kind of clunky too.. 
We must have the same "type" foot.

Replace the insole with a thick "gel" joint -- Walmart or Target.  Did wonders on this end...

i havent worn mine yet but im not surprised that comfort is an issue. i swear nike cuts all types of corners for shoes they KNOW will sell and put the most efforts in newer shoes that need to be proven.
lebron 8s are near the top quality/comfort for shoes i wear along with air max 2009s. penny 1s = worst that i have worn in a long, long time.
supposed to pick up some bordeaux 7s this weekend. probably will feel worse than these.

Originally Posted by Kalon2000

they are very comfortable to me to the person that said they arent.

Try wearing these and the originals for a summer then compare the two.

i havent worn mine yet but im not surprised that comfort is an issue. i swear nike cuts all types of corners for shoes they KNOW will sell and put the most efforts in newer shoes that need to be proven.
lebron 8s are near the top quality/comfort for shoes i wear along with air max 2009s. penny 1s = worst that i have worn in a long, long time.
supposed to pick up some bordeaux 7s this weekend. probably will feel worse than these.

Originally Posted by Kalon2000

they are very comfortable to me to the person that said they arent.

Try wearing these and the originals for a summer then compare the two.

Originally Posted by bigj505

It's like I said in another thread round here - retros are only built for appearance.  All the great sneaker technologies that were introduced and utilized were pretty much deaded w/the original (R.I.P.).  For the most part, people just want the look to return so Nike has provided it.

Is it fair to slap the original price tag on a retro of the same sneaker that has been stripped of its soul?  +*#+ no.  But what other choice do we have?  Me, I search fleaBay for OG's but that's obviously not the most feasible alternative.

On the other hand, NKE and Jordan Brand have invested in creating new or updating/improving on sneaker technologies.  While most of us like to live in the past and rekindle the days of yore (including me), it's the opposite of what NKE/JB needs to move forward.  For example, the Jordan 2011 will be so much more invested than, say, the plethora of 7's coming out this year or 13's for last year, and so and so forth.

Cliff notes:
Retros are built for looks.
Newer sneakers are built for user wearability.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Originally Posted by bigj505

It's like I said in another thread round here - retros are only built for appearance.  All the great sneaker technologies that were introduced and utilized were pretty much deaded w/the original (R.I.P.).  For the most part, people just want the look to return so Nike has provided it.

Is it fair to slap the original price tag on a retro of the same sneaker that has been stripped of its soul?  +*#+ no.  But what other choice do we have?  Me, I search fleaBay for OG's but that's obviously not the most feasible alternative.

On the other hand, NKE and Jordan Brand have invested in creating new or updating/improving on sneaker technologies.  While most of us like to live in the past and rekindle the days of yore (including me), it's the opposite of what NKE/JB needs to move forward.  For example, the Jordan 2011 will be so much more invested than, say, the plethora of 7's coming out this year or 13's for last year, and so and so forth.

Cliff notes:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Is it just me, or these shoes are not that comfortable? I wore them to school today for the first time and they feel very hard on the bottom like they are boots or something.. I got my normal size and they fit perfect and so forth, but they are not that comfortable to me.. They are kind of clunky too.. 

Yeah... they feel almost exactly like the recently retroed Max Penny 1's.

Take that for what it is. Bleh.

Nice looking shoe tho

Yeah... they feel almost exactly like the recently retroed Max Penny 1's.

Take that for what it is. Bleh.

Nice looking shoe tho

feel the same way for me imma try what eyes of hazel said about the gel insoles hope it helps 

feel the same way for me imma try what eyes of hazel said about the gel insoles hope it helps 

PTone wrote:
bigj505 wrote:

Cliff notes:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

i kinda agree with what your saying especially wen it comes to jordan brand cuz retros are a complete joke,, at times i feel like they arent even meant to be
worn just to be looked at as some sort of collectable  cuz the quality is horrible but when it comes to some nike retro some are pretty decent penny 2 where
as much or even more comfortable as the ogs

PTone wrote:
bigj505 wrote:

Cliff notes:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

i kinda agree with what your saying especially wen it comes to jordan brand cuz retros are a complete joke,, at times i feel like they arent even meant to be
worn just to be looked at as some sort of collectable  cuz the quality is horrible but when it comes to some nike retro some are pretty decent penny 2 where
as much or even more comfortable as the ogs

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Replace the insole with a thick "gel" joint -- Walmart or Target.  Did wonders on this end...

basically, nike is slacking when it comes to retro insoles. They know they going to sell no matter what. Meanwhile Lebron 8s got the thick joints that feel like walking on clouds.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

basically, nike is slacking when it comes to retro insoles. They know they going to sell no matter what. Meanwhile Lebron 8s got the thick joints that feel like walking on clouds.

i hope these stick around out here in texas , which i doubt.

i got my money on other things right now , i would love to own these , penny 1s in the orl colorway , and them black and green foamposites
about to come out.

i hope these stick around out here in texas , which i doubt.

i got my money on other things right now , i would love to own these , penny 1s in the orl colorway , and them black and green foamposites
about to come out.

Back
Top Bottom