Nicolas Cage owes 6 mill in taxes

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Dirtylicious wrote:
I never understood why ppl would give up control of their finances to someone.. sure..hire someone for advice...but at the end of the day..keep yourself in control.

crazy
I completely agree.

QFT...I remember hearing that he had a comic collection worth over 1.5 million,including Action Comics #1...

It looks like National Treasure 3 and Ghost Rider 2 better come out soon for him to pay off his debts....

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Originally Posted by 18key

Good.

Nicholas%20Cage%20as%20Ghost%20Rider.jpg
*DEAD*
I don't think he'll get 6 million if he has to co-star in it.

Let's not forget about Danny Ketch now.

pimp.gif

300px-Ghost_Rider_-_Danny_Ketch_Vol_1_4.jpg

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Powers and abilities[/h2]
The Ghost Rider is a human who can transform into a being with a flaming skull and supernatural powers. The motorcycles he rides can travel faster than conventional motorcycles and can perform such seemingly impossible feats such as riding up a vertical surface, across the surface of water and leaping across great distances that normal motorcycles could not match. The Ghost Riders are notoriously hard to injure by any conventional means, as bullets and knives usually pass through them without causing pain. The Ghost Riders possess superhuman strength, enough to easily pick up a motorcycle and hurl it across a room. It has been stated that Johnny Blaze as Ghost Rider can press around 5 tons (or more as seen in World War Hulk).[sup][3][/sup]

Each Ghost Rider entity also had abilities specific to him.
  • Johnny Blaze - Originally when Blaze transformed into Ghost Rider, his body changed but not the clothes he was wearing. In his new incarnation, this is different and his clothes take on a darker, more sinister appearance with a spiked leather jacket and chains. As Ghost Rider, he can cause his motorcycle to transform and surround itself with hellfire or he can create a new cycle from pure hellfire. He is also capable of projecting hellfire as a weapon. Hellfire "burns the soul" without leaving physical injuries on the victim and its effects have been seen as similar to the "Penance Stare."

In his new incarnation, Blaze is now possibly the most powerful hero on Earth. During "World War Hulk" it was stated by Dr. Stephen Strange that Ghost Rider might be equally as powerful as the "Green Scar" persona of Hulk and could defeat him, but wouldn't because Ghost Rider only defended the innocent and the Illuminati wasn't innocent. Ghost Rider also has the "Penance Stare" and mystical chain, both of which were specific to the Danny Ketch Ghost Rider. He also now has new abilities including hellfire breath and the ability to produce chains from either his throat or chest. He is also now able to travel between the incorporeal realms.
  • Daniel Ketch - When Ketch transformed into Ghost Rider, his clothes changed with him, taking on the appearance of a spiked leather jacket with chains, gray leather pants and spiked gloves and boots. Likewise, his motorcycle underwent a radical transformation, changing from a conventional into a high-tech motorcycle (This transformation was not strictly limited to the motorcycle he found in the cemetery as he was once seen to be able to transform another cycle in "Ghost Rider/Wolverine/Punisher: Hearts of Darkness"). Along with flaming wheels that allows the bike to nearly fly across surfaces, the bike included a shield-like battering ram on the front.

As the Ghost Rider, Ketch used a mystical chain which responded to his mental commands. It could grow in length, alter direction while in the air, stiffen into a staff or spear, and separate into several links which can strike like shrapnel and then return to their original form. Daniel's most famous power was the Penance Stare. By locking eyes with a target and mentally focusing, the Danny Ketch Ghost Rider was able to make the target experience all the pain they had ever inflicted on anyone else. This ability was seen to have little effect on some people who were mentally unstable (such as the being known as Madcap. Ghost Rider was also knocked out when attempting to use the Penance Stare on Carnage).

Originally, this incarnation of the Ghost Rider could only be summoned if Danny was present when "innocent blood was spilled" (an innocent simply being threatened was not enough), at which time Danny had to touch the gas cap of his motorcycle for the transformation process to occur. Later, he was able to summon the Ghost Rider without touching the gas cap, but still needed to wait for innocent blood to be spilled. Later still, he was able to summon the Ghost Rider by will.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Dirtylicious wrote:
I never understood why ppl would give up control of their finances to someone.. sure..hire someone for advice...but at the end of the day..keep yourself in control.

crazy
I completely agree.

basically

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

crazy

I think just because they have money, they feel like they need a "professional" to handle it, but damn, this has happened to many times.

And how could you not know if you didn't pay your taxes, whether it's your federal, real estate or general taxes?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

crazy

I think just because they have money, they feel like they need a "professional" to handle it, but damn, this has happened to many times.

And how could you not know if you didn't pay your taxes, whether it's your federal, real estate or general taxes?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

its a shame really...

I'll never understand why more people wont fight stuff like this. Paying a federal income tax is voluntary.

crazy
he's never in the same place for a long time always travelling, he needs someone to look after his money etc... Celebs usually don't paytheir taxes themselves balance their books etc.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

crazy
he's never in the same place for a long time always travelling, he needs someone to look after his money etc... Celebs usually don't pay their taxes themselves balance their books etc.
that's crap.
with today's technology...and even yesterday's technology (faxes)... you can still be in control of your own money and make the final approval/decisionof what to do. ...signing over power of attorney (that's probably what he did) to just anyone is just asking for trouble.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

crazy
he's never in the same place for a long time always travelling, he needs someone to look after his money etc... Celebs usually don't pay their taxes themselves balance their books etc.
that's crap.
with today's technology...and even yesterday's technology (faxes)... you can still be in control of your own money and make the final approval/decision of what to do. ...signing over power of attorney (that's probably what he did) to just anyone is just asking for trouble.
Some people can't even operate a microwave..some celebrities don't even go on computers... just because you make alot of money actingdoesnt mean you are smart enough to manage it. He acts thats what he does..so he hires someone to manage his money who manages money for a living. I'm surehe didnt relinquish full power of his money.

just because you make alot of money acting doesnt mean you are smart enough to manage it.
Again.. you hire someone to advise you.....you don't give up control...and seems like that's exactly what happened here.
If you are suing someone b/c they lost 20M of your money...chances are that you weren't aware of what is going on.

and seriously.... if you're making scratch like he is/was... I would think you take it upon yourself to at least learn a little bit on how your money isbeing invested.

come one now.. this is NICK CAGE. He walks around with that in his back pocket.

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

Originally Posted by trak1sh

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Am I supposed to feel bad for the guy?

Not at all, actually im not even a fan of any of his movies really but its crazy that an A list actor can face such financial trouble.

taxes ftl

nick cages acting FTL
People continuing to hire Nick Cage FTMFL.

laugh.gif
@ this dude

[h2]Nicolas Cage's Outrageous Decades-Long Shopping Spree[/h2]by Lindsay Robertson · November 4, 2009

An article in The Daily Beast says that Nicolas Cage's recent financial problems are, at least in part, due to outrageous, eccentric spending that puts even his most flamboyant fellow celebrities to shame.

If you can dream it, Nic Cage bought it: yachts, a jet, a castle, over 50 cars, over a million dollars' worth of comic books, multiple (supposedly haunted) mansions in New Orleans, two Bahamanian islands, shrunken heads that may or may not have been human, and, famously, a $500k Lamborghini once owned by the Shah of Iran.

Most amusingly, Cage spent $276,000 on a dinosaur skull in a "heated auction with Leonardo DiCaprio." And though the article has details about Cage's many pets -- claiming that he kept antidote serum on his wall for the poison of his two King Cobras -- it neglects to mention at least one: Cage's pet octopus.

Cage's lawyer, Martin Singer, told The Daily Beast "Half the stuff you say is false. I'm not going to get into detail," so we may never know which half is true.

Cage made headlines last month when he filed a $20 million lawsuit against his former business manager. The suit claims the manager, Samuel Levin, failed to pay taxes and lost money in unsound investments, putting him "down a path toward financial ruin." This summer, the IRS placed a tax lien of over $6 million on Cage's New Orleans properties for unpaid income taxes.

Still, it's hard not to look at Cage's extreme-by-any-standards spending habits and not draw conclusions about his current money woes. For example, did he really need to customize a Bentley so elaborately that, when he got it back from the shop, he could no longer fit in it?

However lavishly Cage spent on himself, he's also been a very generous guy. The article reports that the actor gave $1 million to the Red Cross to aid victims of Hurricane Katrina, and $2 million to the human-rights group Amnesty International.

Back
Top Bottom