NFL Week 6 In Review....

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Andrew630

He played two of his better games of his career, but Peyton-esque would be a horrible comparison.

2 of the better games of his career?  I swear some people just have the most distorted vision of what is actually going on.  Did people forget that he was booed off the field against the Eagles?  Did they forget the 3+ quarters of garbage against them?  And yesterday?  Did you people forget that he had a 55.8 QB rating in the first half?  Just because he had a couple good drives does NOT negate the fact that he played like *+%* for the first 2 or 3 quarters of the games.
Its Ben Roethlisberger syndrome.  Play like *+%* for 3 quarters, have a game winning drive and then everyone saying how good of a game he had.  Only the 49ers dont have the team the Steelers do.

Oh and p.s......I swear some 49er fans have forgotten what it means to have a good game from the QB position.  Im tired of hearing "he played the best he can" or "he did well for his standards."  Why cant we just have a QB that people can actually just look at the body of work and say he played well?  Because we havent been able to say that more than a handful of times in 5 years.
Distorted? I'm far from it. I like cheering for the underdog and that's the position Smith has been in his whole career. He was thrown into a mess his rookie year, he was overshadowed by his peers, and he's missed many games. He's never gonna be a elite QB, but I give kudos when it is due. It's unfair for him when fans like you focus on his negatives and continously attack, attack, attack. Sure he had two bad quarters, but I think the two quarters ouweigh the first half, especially when you get a win out of it. The Eagles game on the other hand was just a little too late.

Sometimes you just gotta take a step back and reassess what he really did during the game. Yea, he got booed in both of the last two games, but guess what, he bounced back and played pretty nice ball out there. Six underachieving years is pretty hard to take for any fan, but those boos weren't just for Alex Smith. They came from the fumbled interception, suspect o-line and secondary play, and mediocre overall play in general, but it was just so easy to use Alex Smith as the scapegoat. Patrick Willis hasn't performed at an elite level this year, but he has not been bombarded with negative attention. Before you say the defense always has their backs up against the wall because of the offense; the same thing has happened for the past three years...nothing's really changed...

What I want Alex Smith to improve on is his pocket prescence. It's tough with this o-line, but sometimes he just gotta step into the pocket and launch that ball. If he has another dismal performance at Carolina, I say we move on.

You won't be able to suspend guys for hits. Too much opinion and some of these aren't intentional
When they implemented the helmet-to-helmet rule, they explicitly said that players can/will be suspended...they just haven't exercised that power yet. I'd expect that to change very soon.

-Cam Cameron is keeping the Ravens from being the best team in the NFL. 2nd game in a row Quan becomes invisible for long periods of time.
We have too much talent on offense to go into conservative mode so early. Our defense is still elite, but it's not 2000. We have to stop using our D as a crutch and let Flacco move the ball when we have the lead. It's getting ridiculous.

-Packers are in serious trouble. 1 TD in 18 4th-quarter possessions?
sick.gif
inexcusable
-Garcon
pimp.gif
gotta stop dropping passes, but he's well on his way to becoming an elite WR
-Cowboys offense makes absolutely no sense. worst utilization of talent in the NFL, bar none. 10 screen passes to Felix Jones? seriously?!
-Eagles are looking like the best team in the NFC at this point.
-parity reigns supreme

You won't be able to suspend guys for hits. Too much opinion and some of these aren't intentional
When they implemented the helmet-to-helmet rule, they explicitly said that players can/will be suspended...they just haven't exercised that power yet. I'd expect that to change very soon.

-Cam Cameron is keeping the Ravens from being the best team in the NFL. 2nd game in a row Quan becomes invisible for long periods of time.
We have too much talent on offense to go into conservative mode so early. Our defense is still elite, but it's not 2000. We have to stop using our D as a crutch and let Flacco move the ball when we have the lead. It's getting ridiculous.

-Packers are in serious trouble. 1 TD in 18 4th-quarter possessions?
sick.gif
inexcusable
-Garcon
pimp.gif
gotta stop dropping passes, but he's well on his way to becoming an elite WR
-Cowboys offense makes absolutely no sense. worst utilization of talent in the NFL, bar none. 10 screen passes to Felix Jones? seriously?!
-Eagles are looking like the best team in the NFC at this point.
-parity reigns supreme

- The Jets stole a win from the Broncos in Denver. 
- Nick Folk is a great addition to the Jets. Kicked a 56-yard field goal. Set a franchise record 

- Bradshaw is not a top 5 running back, but he has potentials to be a top 5 running back. He's getting better and better. A truly beast. 

- Add Ryan Torain on your fantasy team. He won't be too good, but he still gives you enough fantasy points.

- Colts' safety Aaron Francisco pulled a great one-handed int play. 

- I know how Cowboy fans feel. I've been there before.

- Is it wrong for me to wish that Tom Brady was a Jet? Brady is amazing.  

- Sam Bradford proves he's worth the first pick. 

- What a comeback win by the Texans. 

- The Dolphins always fought well. Great win.

- Reid is lucky to having Kolb and Vick. Both are so unique. It's not often that you see QBs don't complain about the starting job. They support each other. The Eagles has a bright future.

- I hope Desean Jackson is okay. 

- James Harrison better get suspended. He has some mental issues. 

And last one. My boy is our Jets' MVP as far.

a9d3f27bfd9ca7641ddc87070f808a1b-getty-98678763je014_new_york_jets.jpg
pimp.gif

- The Jets stole a win from the Broncos in Denver. 
- Nick Folk is a great addition to the Jets. Kicked a 56-yard field goal. Set a franchise record 

- Bradshaw is not a top 5 running back, but he has potentials to be a top 5 running back. He's getting better and better. A truly beast. 

- Add Ryan Torain on your fantasy team. He won't be too good, but he still gives you enough fantasy points.

- Colts' safety Aaron Francisco pulled a great one-handed int play. 

- I know how Cowboy fans feel. I've been there before.

- Is it wrong for me to wish that Tom Brady was a Jet? Brady is amazing.  

- Sam Bradford proves he's worth the first pick. 

- What a comeback win by the Texans. 

- The Dolphins always fought well. Great win.

- Reid is lucky to having Kolb and Vick. Both are so unique. It's not often that you see QBs don't complain about the starting job. They support each other. The Eagles has a bright future.

- I hope Desean Jackson is okay. 

- James Harrison better get suspended. He has some mental issues. 

And last one. My boy is our Jets' MVP as far.

a9d3f27bfd9ca7641ddc87070f808a1b-getty-98678763je014_new_york_jets.jpg
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by Proshares

Venom,

- SD's defense is shotty at every position and their running game isn't doing much that's not on Rivers at all. He's putting up points and yards even when Gates and Floyd went down, I'll be damned if the loses get blamed on him. Look at how porous the run defense was in both of those games.

- Miami is a good team with an underrated defense and their offense isn't too shabby either. Plus, GB is hurt everywhere should be no surprise to anyone Miami won that game.
- I understand their defense isn't right, and they lost players in the offseason and what not, but when the Chargers play the Rams...the Chargers need to win that game. Rivers threw a pick and 1 score. It just seems like Rivers is more of a numbers guy, he can put up 350 yds with ease, but the games he needs to win, he doesn't.

- I know Miami has a nice defense, but the Pats tore em apart (with help of special teams) and they are rather beatable. Combined that with Rodgers and playing in Lambeau and I still think the edge has to go to GB. Although I understand your point.

Pats tore us apart? Did we watch the same game? It's more like the special teams tore us apart (with help from the Pats)

Originally Posted by Proshares

Venom,

- SD's defense is shotty at every position and their running game isn't doing much that's not on Rivers at all. He's putting up points and yards even when Gates and Floyd went down, I'll be damned if the loses get blamed on him. Look at how porous the run defense was in both of those games.

- Miami is a good team with an underrated defense and their offense isn't too shabby either. Plus, GB is hurt everywhere should be no surprise to anyone Miami won that game.
- I understand their defense isn't right, and they lost players in the offseason and what not, but when the Chargers play the Rams...the Chargers need to win that game. Rivers threw a pick and 1 score. It just seems like Rivers is more of a numbers guy, he can put up 350 yds with ease, but the games he needs to win, he doesn't.

- I know Miami has a nice defense, but the Pats tore em apart (with help of special teams) and they are rather beatable. Combined that with Rodgers and playing in Lambeau and I still think the edge has to go to GB. Although I understand your point.

Pats tore us apart? Did we watch the same game? It's more like the special teams tore us apart (with help from the Pats)

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

- Alex Smith played 2 good games back to back

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

what are you laughing at?

compared to the 1st 4 games of the season, the last 2 by Smith have been Peyton-esque
Wait so your getting on Rivers but your giving credit to a guy who completed less than 50% of passes and calling it "Peyton-Esque"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
son...READ...for Alex Smith...it was Peyton Esque....Alex Smith beyond sucks...so for him to have 2 games in a row where he has performed way above his normal, thats where my point lays

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

- Alex Smith played 2 good games back to back

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

what are you laughing at?

compared to the 1st 4 games of the season, the last 2 by Smith have been Peyton-esque
Wait so your getting on Rivers but your giving credit to a guy who completed less than 50% of passes and calling it "Peyton-Esque"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
son...READ...for Alex Smith...it was Peyton Esque....Alex Smith beyond sucks...so for him to have 2 games in a row where he has performed way above his normal, thats where my point lays

yall really jumped on me with the Peyton-esque comment. 1st of all in no way was I saying he was Peyton. I was saying that the way he played compared to how he normally played was way beyond what we have seen out of him. It was on that level FOR HIM based on his standards that he has set for himself. whatever

yall really jumped on me with the Peyton-esque comment. 1st of all in no way was I saying he was Peyton. I was saying that the way he played compared to how he normally played was way beyond what we have seen out of him. It was on that level FOR HIM based on his standards that he has set for himself. whatever

Originally Posted by drock2010

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Exactly how did the Colts try to give the ******** the game? ya are just making excuses because it was a close game and its impossible for us to have one with the Colts SMH.
the 14 dropped INTs...the colts failure to manage a first down with 2 minutes left, etc
So your saying Manning purposely threw those bad passes? cuz thats what it seems like.
please tell me you're not serious. you've never heard that phrase used before in the context of a game? obviously he didn't do it on purpose...

Exactly how did the Colts try to give the ******** the game? ya are just making excuses because it was a close game and its impossible for us to have one with the Colts SMH.
the 14 dropped INTs...the colts failure to manage a first down with 2 minutes left, etc
So your saying Manning purposely threw those bad passes? cuz thats what it seems like.
please tell me you're not serious. you've never heard that phrase used before in the context of a game? obviously he didn't do it on purpose...

He played two of his better games of his career, but Peyton-esque would be a horrible comparison.

2 of the better games of his career?  I swear some people just have the most distorted vision of what is actually going on.  Did people forget that he was booed off the field against the Eagles?  Did they forget the 3+ quarters of garbage against them?  And yesterday?  Did you people forget that he had a 55.8 QB rating in the first half?  Just because he had a couple good drives does NOT negate the fact that he played like *+%* for the first 2 or 3 quarters of the games.
Its Ben Roethlisberger syndrome.  Play like *+%* for 3 quarters, have a game winning drive and then everyone saying how good of a game he had.  Only the 49ers dont have the team the Steelers do.

Oh and p.s......I swear some 49er fans have forgotten what it means to have a good game from the QB position.  Im tired of hearing "he played the best he can" or "he did well for his standards."  Why cant we just have a QB that people can actually just look at the body of work and say he played well?  Because we havent been able to say that more than a handful of times in 5 years.
Distorted? I'm far from it. I like cheering for the underdog and that's the position Smith has been in his whole career. He was thrown into a mess his rookie year, he was overshadowed by his peers, and he's missed many games. He's never gonna be a elite QB, but I give kudos when it is due. It's unfair for him when fans like you focus on his negatives and continously attack, attack, attack. Sure he had two bad quarters, but I think the two quarters ouweigh the first half, especially when you get a win out of it. The Eagles game on the other hand was just a little too late.

Sometimes you just gotta take a step back and reassess what he really did during the game. Yea, he got booed in both of the last two games, but guess what, he bounced back and played pretty nice ball out there. Six underachieving years is pretty hard to take for any fan, but those boos weren't just for Alex Smith. They came from the fumbled interception, suspect o-line and secondary play, and mediocre overall play in general, but it was just so easy to use Alex Smith as the scapegoat. Patrick Willis hasn't performed at an elite level this year, but he has not been bombarded with negative attention. Before you say the defense always has their backs up against the wall because of the offense; the same thing has happened for the past three years...nothing's really changed...

What I want Alex Smith to improve on is his pocket prescence. It's tough with this o-line, but sometimes he just gotta step into the pocket and launch that ball. If he has another dismal performance at Carolina, I say we move on.

Co-sign with what you're trying to get at...
The team has had problems much deeper than QB the past five years, and it's easy for fans to blame the QB since he's the most visible person to attack, and of course his inconsistent performancedoesn't help him out. But...he has shown he can be decent, not great, but decent enough so that despite his shortcomings, we should be able to field a winning team with everything else we have. Maybe he just needs the pressure being unsure if he has his job or not in order to succeed.

As for the other losses we've had this season, putting it all on Alex would be unfair. If Clements went down we would have won in Atlanta in all likelihood. If Gore didn't fumble so much in the Philly game and if Nedney made that FG maybe we would have won. It's easy to say if Alex didn't throw those INTs we would have won, but there's a lot more to it. The team is just still a mess in general and Alex isn't a franchise QB like Rodgers, Rivers, Manning, and everybody knows that by now. However, I do feel he can be decent enough for us to win as long as the rest of the team performs up to expectations.

And I know what you mean by the Peyton-esque comment, but IMO his "decent" drives/games is what he can be capable of. It's just a matter of him being more consistent and giving us a better chance to win. 

And another thing, I really do give him credit for sticking around and trying to prove himself. As a number one overall pick bust, he easily could have folded like Leaf and Russell, but he's stuck with it even though 80% of the 49ers fanbase hates his guts and doesn't want him around anymore. He's taken a drastic pay-cut in order to remain on the team and continue playing. And when it's to the point that some fans want him to purposely get injured is
sick.gif
. I'm not an Alex apologist, but it's just that for this season we have to stick with him.

We should have went after McNabb or Vick but that's not something we can worry about now. That's for next off-season because it's something that definitely needs to be addressed.

Co-sign with what you're trying to get at...
The team has had problems much deeper than QB the past five years, and it's easy for fans to blame the QB since he's the most visible person to attack, and of course his inconsistent performancedoesn't help him out. But...he has shown he can be decent, not great, but decent enough so that despite his shortcomings, we should be able to field a winning team with everything else we have. Maybe he just needs the pressure being unsure if he has his job or not in order to succeed.

As for the other losses we've had this season, putting it all on Alex would be unfair. If Clements went down we would have won in Atlanta in all likelihood. If Gore didn't fumble so much in the Philly game and if Nedney made that FG maybe we would have won. It's easy to say if Alex didn't throw those INTs we would have won, but there's a lot more to it. The team is just still a mess in general and Alex isn't a franchise QB like Rodgers, Rivers, Manning, and everybody knows that by now. However, I do feel he can be decent enough for us to win as long as the rest of the team performs up to expectations.

And I know what you mean by the Peyton-esque comment, but IMO his "decent" drives/games is what he can be capable of. It's just a matter of him being more consistent and giving us a better chance to win. 

And another thing, I really do give him credit for sticking around and trying to prove himself. As a number one overall pick bust, he easily could have folded like Leaf and Russell, but he's stuck with it even though 80% of the 49ers fanbase hates his guts and doesn't want him around anymore. He's taken a drastic pay-cut in order to remain on the team and continue playing. And when it's to the point that some fans want him to purposely get injured is
sick.gif
. I'm not an Alex apologist, but it's just that for this season we have to stick with him.

We should have went after McNabb or Vick but that's not something we can worry about now. That's for next off-season because it's something that definitely needs to be addressed.

I'd consider the Skins dropping all of those easy interceptions them giving the game away, and did you watch the game?
Cause all of the plays the Skins d made to stop them from getting a first down were great plays.

I'd consider the Skins dropping all of those easy interceptions them giving the game away, and did you watch the game?
Cause all of the plays the Skins d made to stop them from getting a first down were great plays.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by nightruans

-- Detroit is a team that will give everyone a run for their money
once they get stafford back and he stays healthy, they'll be a decent team once they start winning some of those close games.
Props to the people that can see the potential the Lions have.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by nightruans

-- Detroit is a team that will give everyone a run for their money
once they get stafford back and he stays healthy, they'll be a decent team once they start winning some of those close games.
Props to the people that can see the potential the Lions have.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by madj55

carlos rodgers dropping a ball is normal. peyton throwing a ball directly into the hands of a defender is not normal. theres a difference...

as far as the skins defense coming up big in the final two minutes, no doubt they were great plays. but again, manning usually has an easy time getting first downs when need be. i wasn't knocking the skins defense, not directly at least. more that the colts offense uncharacteristically wasn't as sharp as it usually is, and they basically kept the skins in the game rather than finishing them off. that's all.

Originally Posted by madj55

carlos rodgers dropping a ball is normal. peyton throwing a ball directly into the hands of a defender is not normal. theres a difference...

as far as the skins defense coming up big in the final two minutes, no doubt they were great plays. but again, manning usually has an easy time getting first downs when need be. i wasn't knocking the skins defense, not directly at least. more that the colts offense uncharacteristically wasn't as sharp as it usually is, and they basically kept the skins in the game rather than finishing them off. that's all.

My mind is blown by how bad the Texans secondary is. Moves need to be made if Kubiak still wants his job at the end of the year.

Glad Demeco got his money. Horrible injury plus he wasn't having a good season by his standards.

My mind is blown by how bad the Texans secondary is. Moves need to be made if Kubiak still wants his job at the end of the year.

Glad Demeco got his money. Horrible injury plus he wasn't having a good season by his standards.

Back
Top Bottom