a3gmu0.jpg

Originally Posted by nightruans

NFC East, best division in football
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Fade On You

I think the Cowboys as a whole should be suspended
Lighten up. Fans that are uptight and cannot let anybody possibly say anything negative about their team or players are petty. I've seen it from you on multiple occasions.
Originally Posted by MaxElite

Pretty evident that James Harrison is a dirty player
This. It's been evident for years now. Doesn't take away from his skill level, though.

Giants kept their composure and got the W
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Against Drew Stanton. Congratulations.

Bradshaw is a Top 5 running back this year
a3gmu0.jpg

NFC East, best division in football
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Lighten up. Fans that are uptight and cannot let anybody possibly say anything negative about their team or players are petty. I've seen it from you on multiple occasions.
Originally Posted by MaxElite

Pretty evident that James Harrison is a dirty player
This. It's been evident for years now. Doesn't take away from his skill level, though.

-Is Riddell the exclusive helmet supplier of the NFL? The Revoultution
series is supposed to have "concussion reduction technology".

-Dallas defense has actually played well, minus forcing turnovers.
if jenkins can get to hawkin' again (because I don't excpect any else on the D to get an INT)
i can at least watch one unit do well the rest of this season.

-Is Riddell the exclusive helmet supplier of the NFL? The Revoultution
series is supposed to have "concussion reduction technology".

-Dallas defense has actually played well, minus forcing turnovers.
if jenkins can get to hawkin' again (because I don't excpect any else on the D to get an INT)
i can at least watch one unit do well the rest of this season.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Your 14 quit talking to me.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Your 14 quit talking to me.

You won't be able to suspend guys for hits. Too much opinion and some of these aren't intentional

You won't be able to suspend guys for hits. Too much opinion and some of these aren't intentional

-Curious to see how the Eagles QB spot turns out
nerd.gif

-Cowboys need to fix those stupid penalties & o-line.
-
eek.gif
at the 9'ers getting a W
-
laugh.gif
at the Chargers & Packers
-Patriots still looking good

-Curious to see how the Eagles QB spot turns out
nerd.gif

-Cowboys need to fix those stupid penalties & o-line.
-
eek.gif
at the 9'ers getting a W
-
laugh.gif
at the Chargers & Packers
-Patriots still looking good

Even though we are 1-5, it's nice to see people acknowledge how hard the Lions have been playing. As long as Calvin doesn't get fed up with the losing and doesn't leave, we may have something to look forward to.

Even though we are 1-5, it's nice to see people acknowledge how hard the Lions have been playing. As long as Calvin doesn't get fed up with the losing and doesn't leave, we may have something to look forward to.

-I feel fantastic for Steven Jackson. He has put his heart into his team for many, many years now, and has been given nothing in return. Finally, the Rams are returning the favor.
-Charles Woodson's age might finally be catching up with him. I saw him on numerous accounts yesterday getting flagged for PIs, receivers torching him, tripping over his own feet, etc.
-Deion Branch reaching paydirt.
smokin.gif

-Devin Hester is a special teams player. And that's where it ends.
-I jumped out of my chair when Dunta Robinson and Desean Jackson collided. That was unbelievable.
-The Cleveland/Pittsburgh game was a lot closer than the score would indicate... Big Ben still has some rust to shake off.
-Kevin Kolb and Michael Vick. A good problem to have.
-Chicago losing at home to the Seattle Seahawks who are notorious for being piss poor on the road. Even with Briggs out that is embarrassing.
-New Orleans came out and played. Nice to see.
-Mike Jenkins should feel ashamed that he had to commit a PI on Greg Lewis of all players to stop a completion from happening at the end of the game.
-Colt McCoy impressed me in his first outing. Initially I thought it would be suicide throwing him out against the Steelers at Heinz Field.
-San Francisco keeps me alive in the NT Survival League
glasses.gif
... only five players left.

c478dbc2a16c4469bf3268b8b359ff12.jpg

A man who wasn't supposed to play this season... just saved the Vikings season.
5bc3692b17ac821c51f1eb164aa8bd982c95bca1_r.gif

-I feel fantastic for Steven Jackson. He has put his heart into his team for many, many years now, and has been given nothing in return. Finally, the Rams are returning the favor.
-Charles Woodson's age might finally be catching up with him. I saw him on numerous accounts yesterday getting flagged for PIs, receivers torching him, tripping over his own feet, etc.
-Deion Branch reaching paydirt.
smokin.gif

-Devin Hester is a special teams player. And that's where it ends.
-I jumped out of my chair when Dunta Robinson and Desean Jackson collided. That was unbelievable.
-The Cleveland/Pittsburgh game was a lot closer than the score would indicate... Big Ben still has some rust to shake off.
-Kevin Kolb and Michael Vick. A good problem to have.
-Chicago losing at home to the Seattle Seahawks who are notorious for being piss poor on the road. Even with Briggs out that is embarrassing.
-New Orleans came out and played. Nice to see.
-Mike Jenkins should feel ashamed that he had to commit a PI on Greg Lewis of all players to stop a completion from happening at the end of the game.
-Colt McCoy impressed me in his first outing. Initially I thought it would be suicide throwing him out against the Steelers at Heinz Field.
-San Francisco keeps me alive in the NT Survival League
glasses.gif
... only five players left.

c478dbc2a16c4469bf3268b8b359ff12.jpg

A man who wasn't supposed to play this season... just saved the Vikings season.
5bc3692b17ac821c51f1eb164aa8bd982c95bca1_r.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Andrew630

He played two of his better games of his career, but Peyton-esque would be a horrible comparison.

2 of the better games of his career?  I swear some people just have the most distorted vision of what is actually going on.  Did people forget that he was booed off the field against the Eagles?  Did they forget the 3+ quarters of garbage against them?  And yesterday?  Did you people forget that he had a 55.8 QB rating in the first half?  Just because he had a couple good drives does NOT negate the fact that he played like *+%* for the first 2 or 3 quarters of the games.
Its Ben Roethlisberger syndrome.  Play like *+%* for 3 quarters, have a game winning drive and then everyone saying how good of a game he had.  Only the 49ers dont have the team the Steelers do.

Oh and p.s......I swear some 49er fans have forgotten what it means to have a good game from the QB position.  Im tired of hearing "he played the best he can" or "he did well for his standards."  Why cant we just have a QB that people can actually just look at the body of work and say he played well?  Because we havent been able to say that more than a handful of times in 5 years.
Distorted? I'm far from it. I like cheering for the underdog and that's the position Smith has been in his whole career. He was thrown into a mess his rookie year, he was overshadowed by his peers, and he's missed many games. He's never gonna be a elite QB, but I give kudos when it is due. It's unfair for him when fans like you focus on his negatives and continously attack, attack, attack. Sure he had two bad quarters, but I think the two quarters ouweigh the first half, especially when you get a win out of it. The Eagles game on the other hand was just a little too late.

Sometimes you just gotta take a step back and reassess what he really did during the game. Yea, he got booed in both of the last two games, but guess what, he bounced back and played pretty nice ball out there. Six underachieving years is pretty hard to take for any fan, but those boos weren't just for Alex Smith. They came from the fumbled interception, suspect o-line and secondary play, and mediocre overall play in general, but it was just so easy to use Alex Smith as the scapegoat. Patrick Willis hasn't performed at an elite level this year, but he has not been bombarded with negative attention. Before you say the defense always has their backs up against the wall because of the offense; the same thing has happened for the past three years...nothing's really changed...

What I want Alex Smith to improve on is his pocket prescence. It's tough with this o-line, but sometimes he just gotta step into the pocket and launch that ball. If he has another dismal performance at Carolina, I say we move on.

Back
Top Bottom