NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

I’m not gonna pick a side for whether Eli belongs in the HOF because I think there’s a fair argument for either side.

However, Ryan Clark said on ESPN the other day that Eli was the best bad QB he ever played against. Saying that he constantly did dumb stuff when he’d play the Giants and even threw the first pick Clark ever caught in the NFL because it was a predictable throw.

He’s a feast or famine QB and always has been. He’ll either hit you with 350 yards and 3 TD or 180 yards 1 TD and 2 picks. Depends if you wanna reward him for his highs or punish him for his lows

I don't think anyone in here is saying Le'Veon, Santonio Holmes, etc. are all hall of fame worthy. But the point was Rivers and Big Ben over the course of their careers have had more talent on their teams than Eli has had but Eli has had more success than anyone in that 2004 class.

Big Ben has had more success

eli has thrown 800 more passes than him

and yet: completed 224 more passes, has 1 more TD, less than 200 more passing yards and 50 more INTs

Big Ben has 2 titles too and more pro bowls

I had the Eli x HOF debate over the weekend with two Giants fans and they brought up some valid points other than "2 SuPerbOwl riNgs"... sort of.

- His durability at the position in an era where the QB was still being hit (prior to recent years)
- This plays back to the two SB's, but you simply can't write history without mentioning Eli/Giants playoff run + taking down the undefeated Patriots

It's funny though. Without the rings, his stats are v pedestrian.

politics.. he went at 2 powerful owners

see TO

1575991741983.jpeg

orlovsky explaining wentz situation better then i could..

it was a impressive win with nobodies at the end of the day.. dont matter who they versed eagles were at 5 wins themselves going into this game

Already said save me the excuses my g dont give no ****s talking bout "In before receivers, pens, injuries" like i care ..

ahhh you missed my whole point i see cause you wanna try and be funny, typical

down 14 mid way thru the 3rd.. DAK let alone many other starting Qbs with our offense options after getting boos for 3 straight qrts aint leading a come back and ill stand by that till i goto the grave

to your point since you wanna get technical.. dak was never down 14 to the giants this year my guy

im talking bout being down 14 and leading a come back since we got A LOT of wentz HATERS in here that think he deserves all the blame each week

i didn't miss the whole point, ya putz. Dak has a better option or two and that's why he did BETTER than Wentz against the Giants. Wentz barely won with just Ertz.

it wasn't a game to try and flex and puff your chest out about versus the Dak > Wentz crowd. Wentz came back, congrats. Dak was never down.

Hahahaha Hahahaha and his Curtis Jackson *** arm could have hit that winning throw. the Giants were done playing :lol:

:lol:

I said ONE OF THE BEST.... I’m a fan of all those receivers you listed again, you can make a list of 1990s and 2000s receivers, and NONE OF THE DUDES you listed are tops of their generation.

Rod Smith and Jimmy Smith should be in the HOF IMO. They played in a generation with Isaac Bruce, Jerry Rice, Michel Irvin, Cris Carter, Herman Moore, overlapped by Moss, TO, Torrey Holt, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Chad Johnson, etc.... you see my point??? There’s a mishmash of names.

However, from 2009 - present, you cannot speak on this generation without AB. Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, AB. They’ve been top 3 of the 2010s.... AB is in there. It probably wasn’t you but, I’ve seen certain people in here bash the 90s or pass NFL generations “oh, they never threw the ball that much back then” but now, we using past players as an argument for modern players? See how you guys switch the narrative when it’s convenient?? :lol: :lol:

So,

AB played in an era where teams threw the ball considerably more than teams did in the 90’s and 2000’s right?

But yet there are receivers that were 2nd and maybe even 3rd tier that played in the 90’a and 2000’s with better numbers than AB who aren’t in the HOF..

And you’re saying he’s a HOFer because he’s ‘the best of his generation’

Please tell me you see how that isn’t a strong argument for AB’s HOF case lol.

Patriots are really out here cheating because they can. There’s no way they needed to do this to beat the bengals. The league has to put its foot down. The slaps on the wrist the pats keep getting aren’t working.

Eli played with Plaxico, Victor Cruz, OBJ, Shockey, Tiki, Amani Toomer, Brandon Jacobs, Hakeem Nicks, USC Steve Smith before the injuries and at times great olines, let's not act like he had the Prime McNabb crew

Eli definitely had some solid teams, no one is saying he didn't have good teams. He was able to win with those good teams while Rivers couldn't.

Eli's last few seasons have been awful teams. Horrible defenses and horrible run games like 5 out of his last 6 seasons.

Back
Top Bottom