NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

If last night was Darnold instead of Wentz, forget it. Media would have a field day questioning if he's a FQB....

This dude really said santonio holmes :lol:

Hines Ward, and AB definitely going to the hall....... Santonio Holmes was a THREAT with Pittsburgh.

I didn’t say he was a HOF but he definitely was a playmaker and talented asset for Big Ben.

Eli had who, Amani Toomer later in his career and Hakeem Nicks and Vic Cruz?

Terry Bradshaw is in the HoF..so is Joe Namath...and Troy Aikman and yall think Eli won't make it? He could've only won 1 ring and he was in. Y'all really think they're not going to let a Manning with 2 Super Bowl Rings and over 350 TD's in?...Insanity.

Eli RESPONSIBLE for two of the greatest catches in NFL history.......

TWO!!!!!!!!!!

Odell and Tyree indebted to Elisha :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Lol He actually never said any of those guys were HOFers. Just the guys Rivers had. He was just referring to talent.

The way it reads makes it seem as if he was saying all those guys were HOFer's, because he previously stated the HOF talent eli and rivers had.

Hines Ward, and AB definitely going to the hall....... Santonio Holmes was a THREAT with Pittsburgh.

I didn’t say he was a HOF but he definitely was a playmaker and talented asset for Big Ben.

Eli had who, Amani Toomer later in his career and Hakeem Nicks and Vic Cruz?

AB is ranked 28th all time catches, 34th all time in yards and tied for 34th all time in TD's.

If he never plays another down of football he is not sniffing the pro football HOF.

Troy P never played offense or caught a ball from big ben.. Why he was named in your list idk.

At some point you're gonna have to give ben credit for helping players elevate their game to a certain level, what was santonio's career like after leaving pitt?

This convo is dumb.

The way it reads makes it seem as if he was saying all those guys were HOFer's, because he previously stated the HOF talent eli and rivers had.

AB is ranked 28th all time catches, 34th all time in yards and tied for 34th all time in TD's.

If he never plays another down of football he is not sniffing the pro football HOF.

Troy P never played offense or caught a ball from big ben.. Why he was named in your list idk.

At some point you're gonna have to give ben credit for helping players elevate their game to a certain level, what was santonio's career like after leaving pitt?

This convo is dumb.

So DEFENSE doesn’t help offense??????? Now we playing that game???? :lol: :rofl: :lol:

AB is one of the best WRs of his generation. HE’S GOING TO THE HALL OF FAME :lol:

NFL is a team game. Offense and defense go hand in hand.
:rofl: :rofl: at you not thinking AB will go to the hall. He may not be first ballot but he’ll be in the HOF.
Majority of all great super winning teams or dynastic teams, usually had HOF’ers on both sides of the ball. Some exceptions but man, of you don’t think having some like Troy Polamalu or evening Justin Tuck or Michael Strahan don’t help, you know nothing about football

AB's single handidly been sabotaging what should've been an easy HoF case :smh:

Definitely.

If AB could've followed up last season with similar numbers this season and kept his mouth shut when he needed to then it would be no question regarding is HOF status.

But as of now, with the numbers he has, combined with the off the field antics he's damn sure not getting in.

A 7x pro bowler and 4x first team all pro not making the hall? IN WHAT WORLD???

You can’t talk about wide receivers of the 2010s without Tonio Brown. He will make the HOF

Wentz crowd sure was quiet last night lol

no Receivers and down 14..dak aint doing that

save the excuses that it was a 2-10 team to

1575989497213.png

So DEFENSE doesn’t help offense??????? Now we playing that game???? :lol: :rofl: :lol:

AB is one of the best WRs of his generation. HE’S GOING TO THE HALL OF FAME :lol:

NFL is a team game. Offense and defense go hand in hand.
:rofl: :rofl: at you not thinking AB will go to the hall. He may not be first ballot but he’ll be in the HOF.

Never said it doesn't. But I thought we were evaluating the offensive talent the 3 QB's played with. Why is Troy being listed as a player big ben played with in an offensive evaluation. You don't see how your point is lacking consistency?

But I'm glad you brought up defense, because we can create a laundry list of defensive guys that were integral parts of the giants two SB runs.. Strahan, Umenyiora, Tuck, Antonio pierce, sam madison, JPP, Antrel Rolle.. I'm sure I'm missing more.

You keep picking and choosing which players to select when talking about Eli to fit your 'more with less' narrative.

Keenan McCardell, Rod Smith and Mushin Muhammad all have more yards than AB.

Rod Smith, Irving Fryar, Keenan McCardell and Jimmy Smith all have more receptions than AB.

Harold Jackson, Joey Galloway, Irving Fryar and Andre Rison all have more TD's than AB.

None of those names listed above are HOFers. Being the 'greatest WR of your generation' isn't enough to get into the HOF..

And I'm not even sure if AB definitively holds that title because plenty of people would argue Calvin Johnson was better.

it's not. go look at what Dak did against the same team

and i'm not even a Dak > Wentz guy :lol:

oh and in before the receivers, penalties, injuries, etc etc

Already said save me the excuses my g dont give no ****s talking bout "In before receivers, pens, injuries" like i care ..

ahhh you missed my whole point i see cause you wanna try and be funny, typical

down 14 mid way thru the 3rd.. DAK let alone many other starting Qbs with our offense options after getting boos for 3 straight qrts aint leading a come back and ill stand by that till i goto the grave

to your point since you wanna get technical.. dak was never down 14 to the giants this year my guy

im talking bout being down 14 and leading a come back since we got A LOT of wentz HATERS in here that think he deserves all the blame each week

I don't think anyone in here is saying Le'Veon, Santonio Holmes, etc. are all hall of fame worthy. But the point was Rivers and Big Ben over the course of their careers have had more talent on their teams than Eli has had but Eli has had more success than anyone in that 2004 class.

Dude is top 7 all time in Passing Yards, TD's, 2 Super Bowl wins against the greatest dynasty the NFL has ever seen and possibly sports, tough as nails in the hardest media market in the country and you think he won't make it to the Hall of Fame?! That lunacy. He deserves it. Sure he looks like a dufus but the guy has produced the goods over his career.

No bias either, I hate the Giants.

Never said it doesn't. But I thought we were evaluating the offensive talent the 3 QB's played with. Why is Troy being listed as a player big ben played with in an offensive evaluation. You don't see how your point is lacking consistency?

But I'm glad you brought up defense, because we can create a laundry list of defensive guys that were integral parts of the giants two SB runs.. Strahan, Umenyiora, Tuck, Antonio pierce, sam madison, JPP, Antrel Rolle.. I'm sure I'm missing more.

You keep picking and choosing which players to select when talking about Eli to fit your 'more with less' narrative.

Keenan McCardell, Rod Smith and Mushin Muhammad all have more yards than AB.

Rod Smith, Irving Fryar, Keenan McCardell and Jimmy Smith all have more receptions than AB.

Harold Jackson, Joey Galloway, Irving Fryar and Andre Rison all have more TD's than AB.

None of those names listed above are HOFers. Being the 'greatest WR of your generation' isn't enough to get into the HOF..

And I'm not even sure if AB definitively holds that title because plenty of people would argue Calvin Johnson was better.

I said ONE OF THE BEST.... I’m a fan of all those receivers you listed again, you can make a list of 1990s and 2000s receivers, and NONE OF THE DUDES you listed are tops of their generation.

Rod Smith and Jimmy Smith should be in the HOF IMO. They played in a generation with Isaac Bruce, Jerry Rice, Michel Irvin, Cris Carter, Herman Moore, overlapped by Moss, TO, Torrey Holt, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Chad Johnson, etc.... you see my point??? There’s a mishmash of names.

However, from 2009 - present, you cannot speak on this generation without AB. Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, AB. They’ve been top 3 of the 2010s.... AB is in there. It probably wasn’t you but, I’ve seen certain people in here bash the 90s or pass NFL generations “oh, they never threw the ball that much back then” but now, we using past players as an argument for modern players? See how you guys switch the narrative when it’s convenient?? :lol: :lol:

Eli played with Plaxico, Victor Cruz, OBJ, Shockey, Tiki, Amani Toomer, Brandon Jacobs, Hakeem Nicks, USC Steve Smith before the injuries and at times great olines, let's not act like he had the Prime McNabb crew

Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs were a great 1-2 punch in the run game

Dude always acts as if Eli played with a bunch of nobody’s his entire career

Big Ben had 2 HOF caliber RBs, 2 HOF receivers, a HOF guard in Alan Faneca, and a perennial pro bowler in Pouncey :lol: :lol:

Ironically, Ben and Eli both had Plaxico too.

Back
Top Bottom