NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

^ 2 rings with an inferior team in the superbowl against the much favorited patriots.... are you kidding me? he was not a great QB but he was solid and in the playoffs he was really good... i dont understand why he wouldn't make the hall of fame

Sorry, how many?

1575921473142.png

completing 70% of your passes for 230 yards coupled with a TD on the road against the best defense in the league while rushing for 53 yards while winning that game is nothing to scoff at

Eli Manning is a lock for the hall of fame y’all are tripping, it ain’t only about stats. That man was spotless media wise plus has two rings, i could see if players were voting but they aren’t

nah dude wasn’t spotless.. the mannings were just great with the media and the bar was low since he was the aloof looking lil bro

media decided how they wanted to handle things with dude.. hell dude was right there with the team covering for that wife beating kicker.. then was the whole OBJ stuff when any little thing OBJ did got blown out of proportion

2 games? Eli is a HOFer because of two (2) games?

Not because he’s gonna finish top 5 all time in yards or TD’s? But because of two games? Lol

Anyone that doesn’t think he is a HOFer is just a hater at this point.. this conversation needs to stop happening

^ 2 rings with an inferior team in the superbowl against the much favorited patriots.... are you kidding me? he was not a great QB but he was solid and in the playoffs he was really good... i dont understand why he wouldn't make the hall of fame

It’s the hall of fame.. solid or really good for 2 games shouldn’t be enough

I mean dude has 0 all pro seasons.. and has only made the pro bowl 4 times

completing 70% of your passes for 230 yards coupled with a TD on the road against the best defense in the league while rushing for 53 yards while winning that game is nothing to scoff at

230/50 in ~70 minutes, conveniently forgetting the OT INT because SF can't kick field goals.

Am I allowed to scoff at 4 games, 4 TD, 4 INT's "MVP" worthy? Drew Brees had 6 TD yesterday, so....

Like ******* Rivers, Matthew stafford and Matt Ryan are locks for the HOF and ever season y’all question Eli. A guy that’s accomplished more than them. Lol

2 games? Eli is a HOFer because of two (2) games?

Not because he’s gonna finish top 5 all time in yards or TD’s? But because of two games? Lol

Anyone that doesn’t think he is a HOFer is just a hater at this point.. this conversation needs to stop happening

the hate is strong i dont get it... but thanks for giving credit where credit is due...the guy should get into the HOF just cuz of the 2 superbowl wins and 2 mvps which his brother couldnt even get...hes not elite like brady, his brother or aaron rodgers but he won 2 super bowls despite being A decent QB he was great in they playoffs

he’s not going finish top 5 in yards or tds

has a chance at making top 5 in yards if he gets to start another year, probably half a year

Has a chance at top 5 in INTs too

problem for him is rivers and Big Ben are ahead of him and closer to top 5 in couple categories

You can’t tell the story of the NFL without talking about Eli in a major way. It’s that simple.

I mean can’t tell the story of Eli without the helmet catch.. and that didn’t even get dude a roster spot the next season

lol rivers hasnt done jack his whole career... he hasnt even sniffed the superbowl so to compare him to ELI is a complete joke lmao

lol rivers hasnt done jack his whole career... he hasnt even sniffed the superbowl so to compare him to ELI is a complete joke lmao

and he‘s above Eli in: tds and passing yards

and behind him in: attempts and ints

also been selected to double the amount of pro bowls

and has multiple different seasons where he has lead the league in positive QB stats (pretty sure Eli has led the league in ints for multiple seasons)

and he‘s above Eli in: tds and passing yards

and behind him in: attempts and ints

also been selected to double the amount of pro bowls

and has multiple different seasons where he has lead the league in positive QB stats (pretty sure Eli has led the league in ints for multiple seasons)

This is correct but who’s career you taking when it’s all said and done if given the two options. **** even if Eli won ONE super bowl against the almost undefeated Pats I’m still taking that over Rivers.

yall can keep them stats and probowls Rivers has.

Y’all left out one huge stat for Eli. THE FOOL NEVER MISSED A GAME. THE BEST ABILITY IS AVAILABILITY. Daniel Jones already missed a game his first year, Wentz already missed mad games. That **** is a big deal.

Giants defense showed up in the second half, Giants coaching showed in up the second half. This team isn’t good and this entire coaching staff and GM has to go.

116-117.

That’s insane :lol:
He could be 2 and 117 the 2 being the bowl against a he undefeated pats and the prime gronk and Brady show .im good with that 😂😂😂.:: in this era he was far from the best .... but only Ben/Brady / and his brother could say they had Undeniable better careers then him in the last 20 years . Based off the bowl victories .....:: I do see Rodgers / Wilson possibly winning a next one but winning multiple super bowls are hard....
As a starter since the 80s
Plunkett
Montana
Airman
Elway
Brady
Ben
Eli
Payton

Out of those 8 teams the giants probably had the least amount of talent on offense .... can’t even name a hall of famer offensive weapon the giants had in their super bowl run..... nicks/ plax/ victor Cruz/ Kevin boss/ Bradshaw/ Jacobs/manningham/ toomer/tyree/fake Steve Smith .... off the top

He could be 2 and 117 the 2 being the bowl against a he undefeated pats and the prime gronk and Brady show .im good with that 😂😂😂.:: in this era he was far from the best .... but only Ben/Brady / and his brother could say they had Undeniable better careers then him in the last 20 years . Based off the bowl victories .....:: I do see Rodgers / Wilson possibly winning a next one but winning multiple super bowls are hard....
As a starter since the 80s
Plunkett
Montana
Airman
Elway
Brady
Ben
Eli
Payton

Out of those 8 teams the giants probably had the least amount of talent on offense .... can’t even name a hall of famer offensive weapon the giants had in their super bowl run..... nicks/ plax/ victor Cruz/ Kevin boss/ Bradshaw/ Jacobs/manningham/ toomer/tyree/fake Steve Smith .... off the top

this is facts :lol:

This is correct but who’s career you taking when it’s all said and done if given the two options. **** even if Eli won ONE super bowl against the almost undefeated Pats I’m still taking that over Rivers.

yall can keep them stats and probowls Rivers has.

rivers ain’t the standard.. but if you’re going use his position in longevity stats, then mentioning those who are above him in those very same statistics isn’t that much of a jump

dude literally has 1 season where he maybe MAYBE statistically had a top 5 season amongst QBs that year

the giants had just as many losing seasons (5) as they did double digit wins seasons with Eli.. then there’s another 2 8-8 seasons

Eli arguments are back? What year is it?

We can mostly agree he was an average to below average QB who went on two unbelievable super bowl runs, right?

As long as that criteria is established I’m open to arguments on how valuable those two wins are in establishing legacy. My take: pretty valuable.

I’m not sure if some of you actually think you have a case for Eli not going in the HOF or if you just dislike him.

The goal of an NFL player is to win a ring, Eli did it twice and one of them was possibly against the greatest team of all time.

He had two of the biggest playoff runs and two of the biggest SB plays of all time.

116-117 is whatever. Eli has been on some real bad teams the last few years. First half of his career, I think he only had one losing season, second half he had only one winning season. Giants been awful since 2013 or 2014. Awful defenses, offensive lines and running games. That’s not on Eli.

Comparing him to Rivers and Ben. Pitt looks fine without Ben and their star players, that organization has a great foundation and coaching. Rivers has been to the playoffs with great teams and choked every time. No one is voting Rivers in and not Eli.

Back
Top Bottom