NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may sound crazy.

But I believe the Browns would of made the playoffs last year if Brian Hoyer had stayed healthy.

He made a few awful throws here and there but for the most part dude was in complete control of that offense for his short stretch.

Agreed, LTB. They're only going to go up from here. Lots of picks (including an extra first) in a LOADED draft, money to spend on some studs...

All depends on that front office. Don't overpay mediocre players just because you've got cap room.

I'm wildly confused by all the insults towards niner fans but I love it. Also, the denial of harbaugh's success over the past three years is laughable. Just because he's only gotten his team to the SB once in three years? Im sure many of you, short of those who root for the seahawks/pats, would jump for joy if harbs signed with your team

Last edited:
All depends on that front office. Don't overpay mediocre players just because you've got cap room.

Word.

Im hoping they make smart choices both in the draft and free agency. They need to just wipe that whole Weeden nonsense off of everyone's memory...

For some reason I would enjoy seeing them turn it around. Josh Gordon and Cameron Jordan might have a little to do with it. I wanna see them shine.

Last edited:

Word.

Im hoping they make smart choices both in the draft and free agency. They need to just wipe that whole Weeden nonsense off of everyone's memory...

For some reason I would enjoy seeing them turn it around. Josh Gordon and Cameron Jordan might have a little to do with it. I wanna see them shine.

Jordan Cameron. :tongue:

But I agree. Imagine if they decide to go with Sammy at #5. Sammy, Gordon, Cameron? :x Even though I'm not a fan of the guy, Decker would work on Cleveland, too. Gordon is going to draw all the attention, and that's where Decker can flourish. Bringing in Byrd is a damn good step in the right direction.

There are so many damn starters in the first round this year... unless Cleveland really screws it up, I don't see how they can't improve all around.

Word.

Jordan Cameron. :tongue:

Damnit... And it's not like I didn't know, he was my fantasy TE all year. Still got them
Mixed :smh: :lol:

But yeah, I agree. I really don't want them to go QB first. See how Hoyer plays out. Or at least wait until the 2nd round to take a shot on Garopollo and let him and Hoyer develop, see what happens.

But they REALLY can't risk another 1st rounder being a bust like Weeden's senior citizen ***.

More importantly though, Watkins to replace most of Greg Littles snaps would be HUGE. I don't know how many more Greg Little drops or incorrect routes I could watch. :x

Dudes way too inconsistent.

I might even consider going Watkins then Garopollo with the 26th pick, then taking Mason or Hyde in the 2nd as their RB...

Because Forest Whittaker and McGahee should not be your starting running backs... :x

Last edited:
For RB, some good kids could be had in the 2nd/3rd. Seastrunk or Sankey would be $$$.

Another team that needs to hit it big this offseason is the Colts. They messed around last year and signed a bunch of duds (Landry, Bradshaw, Toler). With the cap room they're sitting on, pay Vontae and sign defense As nice as Decker on the Colts sounds (and it does)... that defense blows. Like badly. Allowed damn near 90 points to be dropped on their skulls in the playoffs. Houston and Tennessee should improve, so they won't be able to cakewalk to another division title.

With Lazor helpin Tannehill, and more importantly calling plays, if we get our Oline improved (ton of cap space and a lot of good free agent lineman on the market), and add CB-RB depth into the mix via the Draft, we might be able to win a whopping 9 games this year.

We literally gave away 5 football games last year, cut that in half, and we could pull 10 wins.

*sees Joe Philbin still listed as head coach*

Nevermind all I just said.

laugh.gif
@ being so hurt that you'd take shots to that personal of a level.

Even if he did have a med problem, what does that have to do with anything in this thread?
Never hurt on my end champ.  Also, if we're going to talk about personal shots lets take a look at what he posted earlier in regards to Aldon Smith........

"I'm sure one of his boys got no problem holding his bottles for him.
smokin.gif
"

In conclusion, a FRAUD can only be a FRAUD for so long before he gets called out a such.
Hmm. We'll my fault I didn't see that.
Not a good look.

But 2 wrongs never make a right
2 wrongs make a right if the original person that was wrong gets put in their place, which he clearly did.
Two wrongs will get you both kicked right out of this thread.

Kill the insults.

I'm not sure I see the AFC even being that much better.

The AFC North as a division still doesn't look to have a contender in it (at least as long as Andy Dalton's out there).

The Broncos will most likely be worse, losing Decker and DRC and with another year for Peyton.

Jets could be decent. At this point Miami and Cleveland are both recovering from poor personnel decisions and turmoil- they need another year at least ( I see Philbin being fired).

Colts and Chiefs I see being just about as good as they were last year. Neither team can go out and fix their issues in one offseason based on what they need.

So while some of the bottom dwellers should be improved, I see a similar top level imbalance to this past season.

It would only be fitting if the Browns won Superbowl 50 tho.

You guys would all have to come to CLE.

SRS.

I can't even imagine what the scene downtown would be.

oh my god.

Last edited:
i would want to check out Melt...i think thats what it's called. the grilled cheese spot

Last edited:
@bbrowner27

5th March 2014 f

I received wonderful news today. The NFL has reinstated me, and I now have
the opportunity to prove to the fans and my teammates how important this
sport is to me. I realize now more than ever that being part of the NFL is
not a right, but a privilege. I am grateful that Commissioner Goodell and
my agent were able to resolve this issue in a positive, productive manner so
I can continue my career, provide for my family, and help my team win a
Super Bowl. Thank you to all who have gone out of their way to show their
support. I will live up to your expectations of me.

Hmm i wonder if we are going to keep him.

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Seahawks CB Brandon Browner says he has been reinstated by NFL[/h1]
NFL

By Scooby Axson

browner595.jpg

Brandon Browner had one interception and 19 tackles for the Seahawks last season. (Otto Gruele Jr. /Getty Images)

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner said via Twitter he has been reinstated by the NFL.

Browner, 29, was suspended indefinitely in December for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy. At the time that Browner was suspended, he was sitting out with a groin injury.

Just last week, Browner had planned to sue the NFL, challenging the league’s decision to suspend him. He is set to become a free agent next week.

In 2012, he served a four-game suspension for violating the performance-enhancing drug policy last year.  That suspension was separate from the league’s substance-abuse program.
“I received wonderful news today. The NFL has reinstated me, and I now have the opportunity to prove to the fans and my teammates how important this sport is to me,” Browner wrote on Twitter. “I realize now more than ever that being part of the NFL is not a right, but a privilege. I am grateful that Commissioner Goodell and my agent were able to resolve this issue in a positive, productive manner so I can continue my career, provide for my family, and help my team win a Super Bowl. Thank you to all who have gone out of their way to show their support. I will live up to your expectations of me.”
pimp.gif

Appreciate

edit: why does it always tell me GIFs are too big to post?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom