NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why Deuce is even speaking to Seattle fans.

He said only certain fans are allowed to speak.

3 decades since....

nerd.gif
Don't be using these arbitrary time periods, like "decades".  You got to use terms Deuce can understand.

"Since before Reasonable Doubt was released"

Last edited:
Not sure why Deuce is even speaking to Seattle fans.

He said only certain fans are allowed to speak.

I said only certain fans are allowed to speak to or about another team as it pertains to being critical or more importantly overtly critical of another team, let alone fanbase IMO.  

Last edited:
Anyways....... When does the National TV Schedule get released?
Gonna be great to see the Seahawks all over national tv for once...  I hope.

Last year was one of the worst MNF slates in recent memory with all those Falcons, Vikings, NFC East extravaganzas.

Anyways....... When does the National TV Schedule get released?
Gonna be great to see the Seahawks all over national tv for once...  I hope.

Last year was one of the worst MNF slates in recent memory with all those Falcons, Vikings, NFC East extravaganzas.

I hope they don't put us on MNF vs Broncos again. Not for our fans but for everybody :lol:

Last edited:
What's the line, though? Do you think the Eagles to have a better resume than the Bucs/Saints? 
Even with their losing history I think most people don't. I definitely don't.

I don't have a numerical system assigned of each accomplishment so no mathematical formula to figure. Saints and Bucs are tough because their history is (sorry fans of those teams) full of losing (besides the championship runs). Now NO has obviously turned a corner and become competitive year after year. Regardless my point was I'm not willing to say a division title is completely worthless and certainly not ready to downplay a conference championship. While not the ultimate goal it is certainly A goal that should be recognized when completed

Man, do the Eagles really have their entire offense re-signed (minus Avant) and $30 million in cap space to play with? :x :smh:

Make some moves in the secondary and that team is going to be serious..

Last edited:
Man, do the Eagles really have their entire offense re-signed (minus Avant) and $30 million in cap space to play with?
sick.gif
mean.gif

Indeed.

Improving a secondary can be a crapshoot though.  Look at all the money that's been thrown at the DB position with little result over the years.  

Assume they make a play for Byrd.

Man, do the Eagles really have their entire offense re-signed (minus Avant) and $30 million in cap space to play with? :x :smh:

Indeed.

Improving a secondary can be a crapshoot though.  Look at all the money that's been thrown at the DB position with little result over the years.  

Assume they make a play for Byrd.

Very true. Hard to justify some of these DB contracts being handed out. Grimes just got $32 / $16 guaranteed, so what is a Verner gonna get? Talib?

Can see them making a play for either (or both) Byrd and Ward, tho.

Man, do the Eagles really have their entire offense re-signed (minus Avant) and $30 million in cap space to play with?
sick.gif
mean.gif

we still have to cut chung ($3,250,000) and casey ($3,985,000).. then we'll ask certain guys to restructure like demeco ($6,900,000) and herremans ($4,200,000)..

i'm sure we'll make a run at ward or byrd, but will only sign the guy if the money is right.. i could see us making a run at verner and possibly cutting williams (and still drafting a safety or corner early)

just for a point of reference, cary williams is set to make $6,416,667 this season and would $3,333,333 in dead money if cut

Last edited:

:nthat: Our offense has some serious potential to be GREAT next year. Defense still needs players everywhere though. Excited for FA/Draft time to see what kind of moves we make.

It really isn't tough at all, but ok. If you're going to talk about a span of success the gap between winning a superbowl and everything else makes having a run of multiple division titles and conference championship appearances not worth it if it doesn't include a superbowl. If you want an example the article that started this all of this said [no team has been on a run like the niners since the bills]. Completely disregarding the Eagles 4 consecutive NFCG's, 1 Superbowl appearance, and 5 NFCG's in 8 years! Because it doesn't matter really...

Maybe zero championships is a divide by zero. Errors the equation out...? So start with only SB winning teams and go from there

Maybe zero championships is a divide by zero. Errors the equation out...? So start with only SB winning teams and go from there

This is why I just left it alone. Your clown logic of "division title=20% success" and "conference=..." is just pathetic and has no basis.

Last edited:
If you dont understand that quote, you are more dense than everyone already thinks.  12 wins a season and 3 conference championship games in a row is indeed wildly successful....no matter how you want to slice it.  And considering he has won 36 regular season games in the last 3 years, when we won 46 games in the previous EIGHT....yes, that is wildly successful. 
Where are you reading Niner fans are content with Conference Championship games?  Show me one single post where a 49er fan is "content" with our past three seasons?  I'd say "I'll wait" but I would be dead before you could find one.

Its posts like these that demonstrate why most NTers dont take you seriously (regardless of what team they root for). 

Certainly successful. "Wildly" might be a stretch IMO.

Anyway all of this drama masks the biggest problem going forward for SF, which is how to replace justin smith. I see some cracks in their defense, which already slipped a bit last year from "elite" status.

who is going to hold for aldon now :nerd:

Peyton's Neck is fine :rolleyes

Ready to break Americas heart again :smokin

there's a neck + choking joke somewhere in there :lol:

y u do dis |I

:lol:

Well that brilliant retort has changed my opinion

lulz

I think we're getting a window into the minds of 9ers fans here. They think 4 good seasons this millennium puts them on the level of the Patriots.

Word. The thing is no one even mentioned the Patriots? Its always the Niners fans who bring the Patriots up. Funny how that works :lol:

Pot meet kettle.  More like it's funny that a Patriot fan, let alone YOU of all people has the audacity to even mention anything about the 49ers at all.  I don't know what it is about some of you dudes but it appears as if you dudes just can't stay focused on your own team and feel the need to mention another team just because (shout out to the Texans fans :nerd: ).  49er fans, we don't care what the rest of the teams in the NFL do, nor do any interest in some of you clowns here on S&T, you dudes don't look familiar to us.  You dudes should have tunnel vision as it pertains to your own individual team from here on out.  

I'm talking about the past 15+ years. Were you going to remind me of your organizational greatness back in the 1990s?

So now the benchmark is just the last 15 years huh.  Funny how dudes try to set the markers here and there to try and fit their personal agenda.  Pathetic. 

i would like to think that most people in this thread are nfl fans. they follow the league not just their team so it makes sense that they have opinions of other teams including the 9ers.

who is going to hold for aldon now
nerd.gif

Same person that's going to snap the ball to Peyton as he "mysteriously" moves away from the center while hiking the ball on the first play of the game. 
i would like to think that most people in this thread are nfl fans. they follow the league not just their team so it makes sense that they have opinions of other teams including the 9ers
Read this statement below in it's entirety champ which is post#76967 in this thread.  There's a difference from having an opinion and having/carrying out a personal agenda............

Here's the thing champ, that might work if it wasn't for folks trying to intentionally throw rocks at another person or team while trying to hide their hands behind their back.  When that occurs, that's when I respond accordingly and call out those individuals as such.  Now if folks want to have an honest NFL discussion then I'm all for it.  If folks want to mask their personal agendas as some sort of front as it pertains to having an NFL discussion, well then that's when I gotta call people out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom