NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, that completely changes things. Dan Shaughnessy was #2 on the list in 2011. What a prestigious award. :pimp:  

One exception there always is... :lol:

I could see the Raiders, Dolphins and Lions interested in James Jones.

Last edited:

Oh, that completely changes things. Dan Shaughnessy was #2 on the list in 2011. What a prestigious award.
pimp.gif

One exception there always is...
laugh.gif

[h2]Packers Receiver James Jones Will Test Free Agency in 2014[/h2]

By Evan "Tex" Western  @TexWestern  on Jan 6 2014, 1:40p 100

183452925.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Tom Lynn

The Packers' second-leading receiver in 2013 is ready to see what other NFL teams think of him this off-season.

The Packers  can be assured that at least one starter who is approaching free agency will be testing the market for his services. Wideout James Jones, who set a career-high in receiving yards this season, will wait until March to see what teams think of him, according to the Journal-Sentinel's Tyler Dunne.

Jones apparently does not have a firm idea of what type of contract he is looking for, as this comment to Dunne indicates:

Jones: "I’m not one of those guys who goes home and says I’m worth 30, 40 million. We’ll see what happens when the market comes." #packers

— Tyler Dunne (@TyDunne) January 6, 2014

The last time Jones hit the open market was after the Packers' Super Bowl  run in 2010. Jones found the market very soft for a receiver who had not exceeded 50 receptions, 700 yards, or 5 touchdowns in a season and was perceived to have an issue with drops. Instead of signing elsewhere, Jones waited until just before training camp to  sign a three-year deal with Green Bay in 2011, and he became a steady (albeit not flashy) starter since then.

Jones' single-season highs can be found below, and his highs in all categories have come under that three-year contract. In fact, Jones led the league in receiving touchdowns in 2012.

[table][tr][td]Category[/td]
[td]Career High[/td]
[td]Season[/td]
[/tr][tr][td]Starts[/td]
[td]15[/td]
[td]2012[/td]
[/tr][tr][td]Receptions[/td]
[td]64[/td]
[td]2012[/td]
[/tr][tr][td]Yards[/td]
[td]817[/td]
[td]2013[/td]
[/tr][tr][td]Yards per reception[/td]
[td]16.7[/td]
[td]2011[/td]
[/tr][tr][td]Touchdowns[/td]
[td]14[/td]
[td]2012[/td]
[/tr][/table]
Jones made $3.25 million in 2013 in the last year of that three-year contract. In the coming months, we'll see what interest a solid #2 receiver draws around the league.

Also worth noting in Dunne's first tweet is that starting center Evan Dietrich-Smith  is also poised to test the free agent market after re-signing with the Packers as a restricted free agent in 2013.

Apparently hes been playing with broken ribs since the Steelers game.

I could see the Giants giving him a look if they let Nicks walk which seems likely to happen... They'll be left with 3 guys that are best suited for the slot... JJ predominantly on the outside.

come over to indy my friend, we are building something special here and would love for you to be a part of it. Reginald, Ty, James Jones, Darick, Whalen, Fleener, Dwayne Allen... wow that would be nice!

Last edited:
HAHAHAHA i love this! we all know if andrew luck was in a seattle jersey and not a colts that all these seahawks fans would say he is the best! it's a bias opinion with them, luck is the better qb no doubt about it. the difference between the 2 is luck makes his team better, while russell wilsons team makes him better. if you plug in any other qb in the league (even dalton) the seahawks are going to be exactly where they are right now same amount of wins and 1 seed in the nfc...
heh

RW is smarter on the field and more level-headed. I'd pick him any day over Luck, though Luck has the potential to be a greater QB because his skill set is superior.

[quote name="coltfanb"]come over to indy my friend, we are building something special here and would love for you to be a part of it. Reginald, Ty, James Jones, Darick, Whalen, Fleener, Dwayne Allen... wow that would be nice![/quote]

No thanks! Come over for what? To drop the ball?

Here's what I want from my new GM.

First day on the job......

**** you everybody, you're fired. :pimp:

Doesnt mean she's not a credible writer, but she has been WRONG before despite her "credentials."

Of yeah she and just about anybody else can be wrong.  That's not the point I'm trying to make here, this isn't about Sally Jenkins.  She's not on trial here, RGIII is.  It's about the many upon many reports that point RGIII being a problem for the Diplomats, particularly in the locker room.  So you, I, and others have to ask the question, how can this many people be wrong about , just 1 individual.  That's all I want people to think about. 

RG3 is "on trial" here because of her word though. It isn't unfair to question her and her sources. I can't speak to all the other reports on him and the diplomats, because frankly i just don't care enough to follow them.

also worth noting that the negatives always get more press than positive stories do.

DHB done made atleast 15 million because of a 4.25 40 yard dash time :lol:

Guy got picked before Crabtree and Maclin :lol: :lol:

At one point Raider fans thought he was/would be better than Crabtree... Oh the nerve.

Doesnt mean she's not a credible writer, but she has been WRONG before despite her "credentials."
Of yeah she and just about anybody else can be wrong.  That's not the point I'm trying to make here, this isn't about Sally Jenkins.  She's not on trial here, RGIII is.   It's about the many upon many reports that point RGIII being a problem for the Diplomats, particularly in the locker room.  So you, I, and others have to ask the question, how can this many people be wrong about , just 1 individual.  That's all I want people to think about. 
RG3 is "on trial" here because of her word though. It isn't unfair to question her and her sources. I can't speak to all the other reports on him and the diplomats, because frankly i just don't care enough to follow them.

also worth noting that the negatives always get more press than positive stories do.
This isn't the first "report" of RGIII doesn't something negative or having a selfish attitude.  At what point in time do folks say, maybe, just maybe there might be some truth about what is being said??  Like someone said earlier, it's not like different people just woke up one day and just said "you know what.......let me say something negative about RGIII of all people just because"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom