NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
MMG trolling me and DSA trolling Franc.
laugh.gif

Once Rodgers came back and it looked likely that we would make the playoffs I said "Kap doesn't want it in Lambeau with the cold weather" and niners fans laughed. Although it was a light hearted jab because the Niners obviously have our number, I was being serious about how the past 3 games against the niners mean nothing to this upcoming game. Now that we're getting closer and that there will for sure be -25 degree weather it seems to me niners fans are taking this game a bit more serious now that its actually happening... This time it wont be 75 and sunny. We're talking night time, snow, and wind chills that could make it 30 below 0. Kap has never been in a game like this, im curious to see how he does. Should be down to the wire regardless. But if there's a game to get over the hump with the Niners, this is the one.

Last edited:
Rachel Nichols ‏@Rachel__Nichols 5m
All three teams having trouble selling playoff tix (GB, CIN, IND) have gotten extensions from NFL until Friday afternoon to avoid blackouts

SF is the more physical team. They can play in the cold and they can run the ball. You just don't know how consistent SF will be on offense. I expect GB's defense to get washed.

SF is the more physical team. They can play in the cold and they can run the ball. You just don't know how consistent SF will be on offense. I expect GB's defense to get washed.

Yea but how do you know they'll be the more physical team in -30 degree weather? Especially over the team that lives in this weather. It'll be ONE HUNDRED degrees colder in Green Bay than it is in San Fancisco right now , which is where they are labeled as physical. This is a huge advantage. The Packers are practicing outside in Green Bay as we speak and will continue to do so tomorrow. Its not a slight to the Niners toughness, its just that this is a very different from whats normal to the 49ers.

Last edited:

Yea but how do you know they'll be the more physical team in -30 degree weather? Especially over the team that lives in this weather. It'll be ONE HUNDRED degrees colder in Green Bay than it is in San Fancisco right now where they are so physical. This is a huge advantage. The Packers are practicing outside in Green Bay as we speak and will continue to do so tomorrow. Its not a slight to the Niners toughness, its just that this is a very different from whats normal to the 49ers.

this is going to be one of those games that is EXTREMELY fun to watch while inside a warm bar with a pint of beer :lol:

ah crap Cutler 7-year deal with at least $50 mil guaranteed...$126 mil overall with first three years come in at $18 mil per...

ohwell.gif

Last edited:

broncos need to call rodgers and see where they can get a helmet like his for welker. they need him in the playoffs. they need to score 42 pts to offset the defense giving up 40
mean.gif
What's stopping a Broncos/Pats AFC CG?

No troll. No jinx.
denver defense not showing up.

brady running out of magic.

other 4 playoffs teams realizing the denver defense sucks and the pats o is scrubs carried by brady.

san diego getting hot.

the bengals putting it all together.

refs.

football gods.

people getting tired of manning and brady thus levels of salt reach ultimate level.

MMG trolling me and DSA trolling Franc.
Not at all.

I don't see the colts beating the chiefs twice this season.

If that nor'easter hits I don't like the saints in the snow.

Even though the bengals are more talented top to bottom I'll take big Phil swaggin into Cincy over Red.

Them California boys ain't ready for that Cold and Lacy has been on a tear as of late.

broncos need to call rodgers and see where they can get a helmet like his for welker. they need him in the playoffs. they need to score 42 pts to offset the defense giving up 40
mean.gif
HELMET2-articleLarge.jpg
258bf345_AlonzoMourningThinks.gif

Yea but how do you know they'll be the more physical team in -30 degree weather? Especially over the team that lives in this weather. It'll be ONE HUNDRED degrees colder in Green Bay than it is in San Fancisco right now where they are so physical. This is a huge advantage. The Packers are practicing outside in Green Bay as we speak and will continue to do so tomorrow. Its not a slight to the Niners toughness, its just that this is a very different from whats normal to the 49ers.

this is going to be one of those games that is EXTREMELY fun to watch while inside a warm bar with a pint of beer :lol:

Believe it or not I actually thought about buying tickets for 2 maybe 3 seconds. Then said NOPE. Given the rare opportunity with tickets being available at that price I thought hey it might be cool to tough it out for the thrill of it and be able to say I was crazy enough to go to that game.
“You can get frostbite within 30 to 40 minutes in these temperatures if you’re not covered up,” said Roy Eckberg, a meteorologist with the weather service in Green Bay.
But yeah, no.

You're right though, especially being a fan of a different team when it doesnt really matter, unique games like these late in the season are the best.

Last edited:

Yea but how do you know they'll be the more physical team in -30 degree weather? Especially over the team that lives in this weather. It'll be ONE HUNDRED degrees colder in Green Bay than it is in San Fancisco right now , which is where they are labeled as physical. This is a huge advantage. The Packers are practicing outside in Green Bay as we speak and will continue to do so tomorrow. Its not a slight to the Niners toughness, its just that this is a very different from whats normal to the 49ers.

I don't think weather has anything to do with SF being a much more physical team than GB.

How has GB's last few trips in the playoffs been at home?

How hot has SF been? 12-4, they beat NO so it should be 13-3. Could have been 14-2 if they closed that Carolina game.

Only reason GB has any shot is because I respect the hell out of AR and he's just stupid talented.

I don't think weather has anything to do with SF being a much more physical team than GB.

How has GB's last few trips in the playoffs been at home?

How hot has SF been? 12-4, they beat NO so it should be 13-3. Could have been 14-2 if they closed that Carolina game.

Only reason GB has any shot is because I respect the hell out of AR and he's just stupid talented.

You said San Fran being a more physical team will give them the advantage though.

I think Aaron Rodgers is 1-1 at home in the playoffs. Losing to Eli Manning, who plays where its cold. Not Kaepernick who im not even sure has ever played in below freezing weather let alone 0 degrees or -25/30 which is what its gonna be.

SF being hot to finish the year has literally zero effect on this game given the circumstances. Also, we have Aaron Rodgers back. It negates any hot talk with Niners. We could be hot if he never got injured. You could maybe go as far to say we are right now as well. But still, it doesnt matter for us just like it doesnt for the Niners.

All I was saying is this wont be a walk in the park like Niners fans made it sound like when I said Kap doesnt want it in Lambeau 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:
You said San Fran being a more physical team will give them the advantage though.

I think Aaron Rodgers is 1-1 at home in the playoffs. Losing to Eli Manning, who plays where its cold. Not Kaepernick who im not even sure has ever played in below freezing weather let alone 0 degrees or -25/30 which is what its gonna be.

SF being hot to finish the year has literally zero effect on this game given the circumstances. Also, we have Aaron Rodgers back. It negates any hot talk with Niners. We could be hot if he never got injured. You could maybe go as far to say we are right now as well. But still, it doesnt matter for us just like it doesnt for the Niners.

All I was saying is this wont be a walk in the park like Niners fans made it sound like when I said Kap doesnt want it in Lambeau 2 weeks ago.

Didn't know you were a Packers fan.

SF finishing the season hot definitely helps them, how does it not? They've won like five in a row and look pretty damn good. I'm picking them to continue their hot streak this weekend.

I don't think any SF fan thinks this game would be a walk in the park. No such thing as a walk in the park going against Aaron Rodgers. Weather helps but I don't think it gives the advantage that people are thinking. Players that don't like the cold, will wear the right gear but a lot of players don't care about the weather once they're playing.

Last edited:

this is going to be one of those games that is EXTREMELY fun to watch while inside a warm bar with a pint of beer
laugh.gif
Believe it or not I actually thought about buying tickets for 2 maybe 3 seconds. Then said NOPE. Given the rare opportunity with tickets being available at that price I thought hey it might be cool to tough it out for the thrill of it and be able to say I was crazy enough to go to that game.
You're out here promoting your teams toughness when you yourself aren't even tough enough to brave the weather conditions this Sunday.  Some fan you are champ.  You don't even believe in the product and pitch that your trying to sell to us right now.  Your team can muster up the courage to be out there in -30 degree weather, why can't you??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom