News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

First look at apocalypse [emoji]128532[/emoji]

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/07/11/comic-con-2015-first-look-at-apocalypse-in-x-men-apocalypse

Apocalypse looks awful while the BvS trailer literally has me changing my underwear.

I'm so confused :wow:

Robert Kirkman’s Outcast trailer arrives

The first official trailer for Cinemax’s upcoming television series based on Robert Kirkman’s Outcast has debuted online.

Based on the Skybound/Image comic title by Kirkman and artist Paul Azaceta, the series follows Kyle Barnes, a young man who has been plagued by demonic possession all his life. Now, with the help of the Reverend Anderson, a preacher with personal demons of his own, Kyle embarks on a journey to find answers and regain the normal life he lost. But what Kyle discovers could change his fate — and the fate of the world — forever.

Patrick Fugit (Almost Famous, Gone Girl) stars as Barnes, a man searching for answers, and for redemption, who sequesters himself from those he loves for fear of causing greater hurt. Philip Glenister stars as Reverend Anderson, a West Virginia evangelist who believes he is a soldier in God’s holy war against the forces of evil on Earth. An inveterate drinker and gambler, he doesn’t believe God intends people to sweat the small stuff. Gabriel Bateman stars as Joshua Austin, an eight-year-old who lives across town from Kyle. To his family’s dismay, he appears to be in the clutches of demonic possession, but there’s something very different about this possession and its connection to Kyle Barnes.

Kirkman has penned the script for the pilot episode which has been in development since November, before the first issue was even published. You’re Next and The Guest director Adam Wingard directed the pilot episode of the series.

Apparently the Fox SDCC panel was pretty cool. Deadpool trailer seemed to be the star of the presentation.

And people are saying Apocalypse looks way better in motion than in that promo poster

He looks terrible :lol:

Little clip of the Deadpool footage

Last edited:
Fox has always been a distant last with their art direction and costume designs.

this just feel like the biggest misstep yet. I mean, Storm looks physically more imposing than him

While it looks good.. And Snyder is obviously very good at making things look good..

I'm a little lost about what the motivations of batman are going to be in this.. And how everything is going to come together

What side is Wonder Woman going to be on in all of this.. And again did Bruce only see superman's actions during the man of steel.. Did he miss everything Zod and co were trying to do

And they show superman doing good, so why is Bruce still pissed off at him.. And why does he decide to bury he hatchet so they can be justice league members together.. And is he going absolutely have zero collateral damage whenever he has his movie (making his anger towards supes hypocritical)

Not a ton of faith in Snyder from the story side of things

Again the pic/vid is misleading because it is low res and the footage has no cgi or effects because they are still in the middle of filming. It'll look much better once everything is edited in.

While it looks good.. And Snyder is obviously very good at making things look good..

I'm a little lost about what the motivations of batman are going to be in this.. And how everything is going to come together

What side is Wonder Woman going to be on in all of this.. And again did Bruce only see superman's actions during the man of steel.. Did he miss everything Zod and co were trying to do

And they show superman doing good, so why is Bruce still pissed off at him.. And why does he decide to bury he hatchet so they can be justice league members together.. And is he going absolutely have zero collateral damage whenever he has his movie (making his anger towards supes hypocritical)

Not a ton of faith in Snyder from the story side of things

I am not sure if you want the answers to all those questions but if the trailer showed them to you then there is no point in watching the film.

^ I get that..

But outside of the visuals, I'm uneasy with Snyder.. And I'm uncomfortable with them using aspects of 'the dark knight returns part 2' without the rest of the setup that went into that

It's going to be very, very loosely based on the comic. The only theme they are probably picking up are them fighting, Bats age and costume/armor.

I am not sure what you mean by "using aspects of the Dark Knight Returns Part 2"? They are basing it on the book that is just one arc, only the animated film has two parts.

Last edited:
i don't mind them picking and choosing aspects from the story..

But the thing that concerns me the most, what will the reasoning be behind batman thinking he has to go THAT far.. It was a concern of mine when they announced they would be going with a batman vs superman story anyways

Like I hope it's more than the little that can be gathered from the trailer..

I'd almost rather them start off the whole lex thing they always play on in the comics.. Where he essentially is this perfect human, but finds out there ain't just us.. So his ego drives him against that guy

I just don't want batman coming of sorta petty.. Cause ultimately supes did save the world and he was the only capable of stopping Zod and co.. So is batman going go at him because damage was done and lives were lost?

Well again your question is really digging into the whole plot of the film that would kill it if given away. I get your concern but it seems like one of those things that you just got to "wait and see" issue.

I mean if you really want to analyze and go deep into it, we could go on a dissertation type of reply here based on imaginations alone.

In the end this is Batman, he is a paranoid. It is his characteristics. This is a dude who has contingency plans to take out his best friends in the Justice League in case they go bad.

Would've thought apocalypse would be 7-8' tall with a brolic voice.... Ain't nothing saving this movie

Again effects and cgi weren't in the footage, they just made quick cuts of what they've shot so they can present it at SDCC, it will be better once edits are done.

If you watched the Conan interview of the XMen cast, Isaac said that it didn't matter how he sounded because his costume squeaked and made noises when he moved so they will just dub his voice later on in the editing room.

As for his size, Apocalypse could change shapes, dude could be the size of tiny Antman and it wouldn't matter, he can alter his matter.

Back
Top Bottom