News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

I finally read Prey the other day (and yes, because of the rumors that it may be a source of material for TDKR), and it was a very solid story. I thought the ending was pretty quick, but everything leading up to it was great. Thinking about how TDK ended, having the third installment loosely based on Prey would be consistent with the story Nolan is trying to tell. The Hugo Strange character is also someone I could see Nolan having a field day with.

I could imagine Nolan replacing the Night Scourge character with Deadshot (possibly being played by Hardy) and keeping Hugo Strange as the main villain with the cameo of Catwoman.

So who you think should be Hugo Strange?

emma_stone_20101205_1202258378.jpg

emma_stone_20101205_1914830069.jpg

On Sunday night, Emma Stone debuted her new blonde hair for her role as Gwen Stacy in Sony's upcoming untitled Spider-Man movie at the "Trevor Live" show, which benefits The Trevor Project, at the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles. Shooting for the film starts this month!

Yeah not excited about GL at all anymore.
Cowboys and Aliens looks like it's going to be great

Superman and Doomsday concept art from the shelved JJ Abrams film
d433618f21a808e21a984cd7f38389b38f6d0fc6.pjpg

9a9261427a0821be4edf8d8b2d559818aaf21117.pjpg

b1426ee231075199430faa86029733322b6ed565.pjpg

9341632a0f1d4cfa8eb95275a79d36aa23b55d62.pjpg

5c626102610361ac41df36863a9aefd8571edd9a.pjpg

Side note
Looks like the process is going faster than we thought - Christopher Nolan is turning the script for The Dark Knight Rises in to Warner Bros. Pictures today. The news leaked via a tweet from Variety's David S. Cohen.

Star Michael Caine had said previously that actors would receive the script in January and that they would start shooting in May and finish in November.

pimp.gif

^
so Van Atter would be the secondary villain?  seems like a really obscure choice.  i didn't know who that character was and had to look it up.

we've already seen the goblin in the previous movies, i don't want to see another version of it in the reboot.

The Spiderman movie is everywhere, I don't know what to think.

Those who think Nolan rushed the Batman script need to know him and his brother been on it for a long time.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

I finally read Prey the other day (and yes, because of the rumors that it may be a source of material for TDKR), and it was a very solid story. I thought the ending was pretty quick, but everything leading up to it was great. Thinking about how TDK ended, having the third installment loosely based on Prey would be consistent with the story Nolan is trying to tell. The Hugo Strange character is also someone I could see Nolan having a field day with.

I could imagine Nolan replacing the Night Scourge character with Deadshot (possibly being played by Hardy) and keeping Hugo Strange as the main villain with the cameo of Catwoman.

So who you think should be Hugo Strange?

Jeff Bridges?
iron_man_jeff_bridges.jpg
250px-Hugo_Strange_1.jpg

Even though John Favreau is a good director (in my book), I personally think he makes some terrible choices (like cutting out the "you complete me" scene in Iron Man 2).

^he shoulda cut out the whole iron man 2 movie, that film was wiggity wack

Proto-Goblin? really?
why won't they use someone more familiar such as Rhino, or Shocker, or Scorpion?
why use someone that was only in 1 comic?!
they should have just kept it in the Ultimates Universe, the story line is good til after Ultimatum

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

Proto-Goblin? really?
why won't they use someone more familiar such as Rhino, or Shocker, or Scorpion?
why use someone that was only in 1 comic?!
they should have just kept it in the Ultimates Universe, the story line is good til after Ultimatum
I know right? Sort of like Lex Luthor to Superman. 
indifferent.gif

^That was more than the leaked trailer in the summer. That got me excited to read into Thor's storyline now. Hopefully this is a hit.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

^That was more than the leaked trailer in the summer. That got me excited to read into Thor's storyline now. Hopefully this is a hit.

The only new scenes I noticed was when he was getting mjolnir and his powers stripped, his "hammer slam", and the Destroyer scenes.  But as far as Thor's books, I suggest you read Thor:Disassembled first and then go into the current Thor paperbacks.  There's 4 out so far, and then the Siege storyline. I was never much of a fan of classic Thor, but I can't recommend the current Thor series enough

Back
Top Bottom