News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Suit just really isn't doing it for me, I do not like the all cgi look at all, even the mask looks ridiculous.
Good to see all those Lanterns though. 
eek.gif

2ylny1z.jpg

I never really followed the GL on comic books but this movie looks horrible just based off of the cgi alone. And since when do aliens know how to speak english?

C&A looks great.

GL not so much.

I still think Thor will outshine GL and Cap.

And really, they need to find fresh talent for superhero films. Reynolds was Deadpool and now GL. Evans was HT and is now Cap. I mean is the pool of somewhat talented white actors who can hit the gym that shallow?

^
i feel the same way.  don't forget ryan reynolds was also hannibal king in blade 3.  (the blade films are my favorite comic book movies besides the michael keaton batman movies).  it seems like casting directors are happy just using a small pool of actors to choose from.  they tend to also cast already established actors instead of giving a newcomer a chance.  the exceptions recently are the thor movie and the spiderman reboot.

Originally Posted by RFX45

More GL pics, Sinestros suit looks so much better than Hals.
29ctwi.jpg

Best shot of the whole trailer. I agree that suit needs MAJOR work.
ILM should have did the special effects. 

Cowboys and Aliens looks amazing. That's a must watch for me.

I slowly started following DC storylines, but haven't gotten into the Green Lantern storylines...Was there any reason why the movie isn't based on the first Green Lantern that everyone in the other thread is talking about? I really hope this movie does well even with the terrible CG that I'm seeing on these stills.

Just another Supes' casting rumor, but looks like Matthew Goode (who played Ozymandias in Snyder's Watchmen) is in the running for Man of Steel. He's a relatively unknown commodity and has a very suitable look for Clark/Supes. He's worked with Snyder before, and really I have an affinity for non-American actors portraying American icons (see Christian Bale as Batman).

i6fla8.jpg

I pray that the Man of Steel rumors about Snyder having the suit all CGI (a la Green Lantern) are false. Unfortunately, looking at Snyder's track record, it would seem obvious that he would pack as much CGI in this project.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Just another Supes' casting rumor, but looks like Matthew Goode (who played Ozymandias in Snyder's Watchmen) is in the running for Man of Steel. He's a relatively unknown commodity and has a very suitable look for Clark/Supes. He's worked with Snyder before, and really I have an affinity for non-American actors portraying American icons (see Christian Bale as Batman).

i6fla8.jpg

He and Malin Akerman ruined Watchmen. 
tired.gif

I finally read Prey the other day (and yes, because of the rumors that it may be a source of material for TDKR), and it was a very solid story. I thought the ending was pretty quick, but everything leading up to it was great. Thinking about how TDK ended, having the third installment loosely based on Prey would be consistent with the story Nolan is trying to tell. The Hugo Strange character is also someone I could see Nolan having a field day with.

I could imagine Nolan replacing the Night Scourge character with Deadshot (possibly being played by Hardy) and keeping Hugo Strange as the main villain with the cameo of Catwoman.

Back
Top Bottom