NEW YORK YANKEES SEASON THREAD VOL. ROAD TO 27

Man #+#% the Devil Rays. I said that "slide" was a dirty play off the bat (in a ST game) and I would've been just as easily mad if one of theyankee players injured another player like that.

Shelley might've been reckless but payback is a +%@!@. I'll take Shelley on my side in a fight any day of the week
pimp.gif

You just knew that play at the plate would come back sooner or later. These guys face off 20 times this season? I doubt this will be the last we hear ofthis.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Man #+#% the Devil Rays. I said that "slide" was a dirty play off the bat (in a ST game) and I would've been just as easily mad if one of the yankee players injured another player like that.

Shelley might've been reckless but payback is a +%@!@. I'll take Shelley on my side in a fight any day of the week
pimp.gif

It can be argued that he went a little over the top because Heath Phillips hit Longoria early in the game, and got tossed, so perhaps that was all thatneeded to be done. I respect Shelley though. I got in the car before, and my dad said the Rays/Yankees got into a brawl, and I said "I bet you ShelleyDuncan started it". Sure enough, he did
laugh.gif
I knew he wouldconsidering he said earlier in the week that "..... Anything could happen when I'm coming from third to home plate".
pimp.gif

That play at homeplate was not dirty whatsoever. The Catcher was BLOCKING the plate! What's he supposed to do, stop running and just head to the dugout?
laugh.gif

And to come back the next day, to hit their best prospect, AND slide cleats up into second base? Now THAT'S dirty.

Joe Girardi is not off to a good start in my book.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

That play at homeplate was not dirty whatsoever. The Catcher was BLOCKING the plate! What's he supposed to do, stop running and just head to the dugout?
laugh.gif

And to come back the next day, to hit their best prospect, AND slide cleats up into second base? Now THAT'S dirty.

smh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

ITS SPRING TRAINING

I just saw the Billy Christal thing on SC.

I think that is so dope.

More MLB teams should do this with lifelong fans and promoters of the sport

laugh.gif

smh.gif
When it's a Boston fan saying this, you know we're in for some good times.

Now,

I'd prefer to drill someone in the back if you're looking to send a message, not spikes first slide...

however Duncan did it, ok....I can live with that, I guess.

But I can't live with him doing it and then acting like he didn't know what was going on and denying that he even slid spikes up.

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

smh.gif

The catcher wasnt BLOCKING the plate he left room for Johnson to slide he chose to go all out in spring training and break one of our top catchingprospects wrist, and that HBP to there best prospect barely brushed his shirt and it wasnt even clear if it was intentional.

Luckly the Yankees can care less about your book.

pimp.gif

Shelley Duncan.

"He went after the smallest player on the field."

He went after the second baseman.

Good job Shelley. That's baseball.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

laugh.gif

smh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

ITS SPRING TRAINING

What's your point? I guarantee you, if that was Jeter taking out a catcher, you would be praising him for hustle, and grit especially that it was spring training.

are they playing the rays? if so the rays should retaliate by putting a fastball to billy crystal's ribs, lol

laugh.gif

smh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

ITS SPRING TRAINING

What's your point? I guarantee you, if that was Jeter taking out a catcher, you would be praising him for hustle, and grit especially that it was spring training.
indifferent.gif
@ youthinking Jeter would EVER do something like that.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

smh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

ITS SPRING TRAINING

indifferent.gif
@ you thinking Jeter would EVER do something like that.
laugh.gif

you know, I was gonna add a note saying, he's too frail to do that. But I decided it would make me look too biased
roll.gif

laugh.gif

smh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

ITS SPRING TRAINING

indifferent.gif
@ you thinking Jeter would EVER do something like that.
laugh.gif

you know, I was gonna add a note saying, he's too frail to do that. But I decided it would make me look too biased
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It's whatever, Jeter is Jeter... I don't even need to expand on him & how Yankees fans feel about him.

Back
Top Bottom