NEW YORK YANKEES SEASON THREAD VOL. ROAD TO 27

eBay or Craigslist it is
ohwell.gif

Its good that Joba is startin in the pen the will start to save his arm some innings....he haqs yet to pitch alot of innings and if he starts from thebeginning he will probably be worn down by playoff tiime

Lets just say that I am HEATED.

Stayed home from school today to buy Opening Day tickets.
I wait 15 minutes, only to get a nice little message saying theres nothing left.

Im heated too. I was so close to getting Opening day tickets. I hope I make some profit of the ones I got for the first Saturday.

Anybody following todays Exhibition game?

Joba is the starter.

A-Rod already has an RBI
pimp.gif

I had a connect that helped me out last friday in the pre sale
pimp.gif

Not having to compete with all the common folk feels so good
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

The games I have tickets for already:
Opening day (15 rows off the field, most i ever spent on a ticket)
Friday Mets game
Sunday Mets Game
July 4th Red Sox
Old Timers Day
Last Boston game ever in yankee stadium (barring an ALCS matchup)
3rd to last regular season game

The home run derby and all star game is also a possibility right now, hopefully dude comes through

^^^^^^^^^
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

laugh.gif
help out a fellow NTer and Yankee fan.

Anyways,

Exhibition Game

yankeesledeuq4.jpg
= 5 innings, 1 Hit, 6ks ( 2e/a), 0 BBs
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So Far:
A-Rod = 3 RBIs
pimp.gif

Posada still hot
pimp.gif

Leche 2/2
pimp.gif

Abreu= 1/1 and patient as always, 2 BB's
pimp.gif

Igawa= 1 inning pitched, 4 ER
sick.gif

Giambi= 5 LOBs,
sick.gif

Cant wait 'til the real games start.

Hank went a little too far here but at least got back at Theo...

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Hank Steinbrenner, in another outspoken moment, denounces Red Sox Nation[/h1]
ESPN.com news services

Updated: February 29, 2008, 4:39 PM ET

Hank Steinbrenner has provided his share of Boss-like comments in the offseason, his first as one of the principal leaders running the New York Yankees.

He's made verbal digs at former manager Joe Torre and inserted himself during the contract negotiations with Alex Rodriguez, as well as the race for the services of pitcher Johan Santana.

dropQuote.gif
[h3]Red Sox Nation? What a bunch of [expletive] that is ... This is a Yankee country. We're going to put the Yankees back on top and restore the universe to order.
dropQuoteEnd.gif
[/h3]
-- Hank Steinbrenner

The latest, no doubt, will send Boston Red Sox fans into a frenzy.

Steinbrenner, apparently trying to emphasize that he has no fear of the Yankees' American League competition, has amped up the rivalry between the two teams, intentionally or not.

"Red Sox Nation?" What a bunch of [expletive] that is," he said in an interview with The New York Times' Play magazine. "That was a creation of the Red Sox and ESPN, which is filled with Red Sox fans.

"Go anywhere in America and you won't see Red Sox hats and jackets, you'll see Yankee hats and jackets. This is a Yankee country. We're going to put the Yankees back on top and restore the universe to order."

Like father, like son.

Hank Steinbrenner's interview, in the March 2 issue of the magazine, reveals a great deal of his personality and his style. He is not afraid to speak his mind, and he appears to have little sense of regret when he does, saying there was a need for him to take control.

"Everyone was hiding in their rooms. You can't do that and be a leader. You have to step up and take a position," he said.

His comments about the Red Sox are not the first time he has sent some vitriol their way. In an interview with GQ.com, posted on Feb. 19, Hank Steinbrenner said the defending World Series champions have "a lot of talent, and [have] done very well the past few years, but let me put it this way: I don't think [they] wanted to play us in the ALCS. So I will concede nothing. I think we're better than [them]."

Not even Torre, a favorite of Yankees fans, was immune. In late October, Steinbrenner had sent a verbal missile in Torre's direction. "Where was Joe's career in '95 when my dad hired him?" he said to the New York Post. "My dad was crucified for hiring him ... Let's not forget what my dad did in giving him that opportunity -- and the great team he was handed."

In the March 2 magazine interview, Steinbrenner was asked how he felt about new Yankees manager Joe Girardi. He responded that he was pleased to have a manager "with a little more fire in his belly" than Torre.

"Baseball's not as complicated as football, so I don't know that a manager means as much in baseball as he does in other sports, but Girardi is a great leader," Steinbrenner said in the article.

I just bought Yankee tickets vs the Blue Jays in April.
happy.gif

There are still tickets available.

Igawa needs to step his game up, big time.
sick.gif
I don't want to see himanywhere on the mound this season unless I know he'll be halfway decent.

Ill tell you what, you dont see Yankee hats all over the place at baseball stadiums like you do Red Sox, steinbrener sounds a little angry.

It's one thing to trade healthy barbs between rivals but Steinbrenner has shown a complete lack of class in his attacks against the Sox and even Torre. TheSox comments I can understand, even if they make him look foolish, but his remarks about Torre are just disrespectful.

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

Ill tell you what, you dont see Yankee hats all over the place at baseball stadiums like you do Red Sox, steinbrener sounds a little angry.
That's BS & you know it.

Look at #1 sales...... then get back to me.

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

Man the interlocking NY logo is ubiquitous. You got people in other countries wearing it in other countries who don't even know what reps.
Exactly.

NY hats > Boston hats........ FOREVER

Yea because everyone outside of Boston became a Sox fan after 2004.

^^^Because 26 > 2.

Hank hit it right on the head too let's be honest Bristol is full of Boston d-riders and yankees haters. ESPN just is a monopoly on sports, so now theywill give Hank all the heat on the world and laugh it off like he is crazy, but the man hit the nail on the head.

ESPN is the first to overblow anything with the Yankees, and the first to jump on the Sox nutz, simple.

when i flipped to the channel, my bro had to inform me that it was brian bruney pitching. wow!!! he lost some serious weight. well let's hope he pitcheswell this year, that's the important thing.

Back
Top Bottom