New York State Lawmakers Reject Gay Marriage Bill

i admit i'm weary of getting into the "civil rights violation A" vs. "civil rights violation B" argument because it's veryunproductive, but Los Yankees what are your personal thoughts on the denial of marriage to gays, "don't ask don't tell," Matthew Shepard andsimilar occurrences? you seem to have only commented on people who've compared the Black struggle of the 50s/60s and the current gay marriage movement.

Originally Posted by Los Yankees

Do you know what "inalienable rights' are? Because the Declaration of Independence says "unalienable rights" and those are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. It says nothing about marriage and not being able to get married doesn't exclude you from society like how Jim Crow Laws did to Blacks. You cant even compare.

Yes, I do know what "inalienable rights" are. Didn't realize off the top of my head that "unalienable" was used instead of"inalienable. "Inalienable" means essentially the same thing though, so it's not like I was completely off
laugh.gif

And I'd imagine something like marriage would fall under "the pursuit of happiness". The main reason they put that in there was because a greatnumber of things fall under that phrase. I'm sure you know that, though (no sarcasm
laugh.gif
).
Originally Posted by Nako XL

i admit i'm weary of getting into the "civil rights violation A" vs. "civil rights violation B" argument because it's very unproductive

Agreed, so we all can agree to disagree on that point.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

funny how intolerant gays and gay sympathizers are toward
people who disagree with them

it is wrong

i can say what i want
Seems like you put a lot of time in coming up with this post.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by green rhino123

I THINK it is wrong
Fixed.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

i admit i'm weary of getting into the "civil rights violation A" vs. "civil rights violation B" argument because it's very unproductive, but Los Yankees what are your personal thoughts on the denial of marriage to gays, "don't ask don't tell," Matthew Shepard and similar occurrences? you seem to have only commented on people who've compared the Black struggle of the 50s/60s and the current gay marriage movement.

You don't want to argue semantics?
frown.gif

Polygamy =/= homosexuality, IMO.

In a lot of cases in polygamy, personal consent isn't even considered. Underage girls are sometimes forced into marriage.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Oh yeah this is for everyone. How do you view Polygamy?
How exactly are you going to tie homosexuality to Polygamy?
I was going to ask if all parties are consenting adults, was it cool or not. I honestly don't get it, if two homosexuals adults should havethe right to marry, then whats wrong with 3 consenting adults. I just want an explanation so I can be on the mental level everyone else is.

In a lot of cases in polygamy, personal consent isn't even considered. Underage girls are sometimes forced into marriage.
Lets not talk about forcefulness. It is wrong but lets not go there. Lets stay with consenting adults.

I'm asking 1 question at a time here. Now what is the problem with CONSENTING ADULTS marrying?

I was going to ask if all parties are consenting adults, was it cool or not. I honestly don't get it, if two homosexuals adults should have the right to marry, then whats wrong with 3 consenting adults. I just want an explanation so I can be on the mental level everyone else is.
Again, because people cannot control whether they are homosexual or not, therefore they should in fact be allowed to marry. In modern terms it isaccepted that marriage is between two consenting individuals and you yourself understand this. The only reason you bring things like this up is to divertattention away from the fact that in 2009 people are still being denied their rights.

I was going to ask if all parties are consenting adults, was it cool or not. I honestly don't get it, if two homosexuals adults should have the right to marry, then whats wrong with 3 consenting adults. I just want an explanation so I can be on the mental level everyone else is.
With your level of intelligence, or lack thereof, that sir isn't possible. Maybe if you let go of your own fears and ignorance then we canstart
smile.gif
. I really do feel sorry for people like you, going through lifewith such narrow, little minds.

Again, because people cannot control whether they are homosexual or not, therefore they should in fact be allowed to marry. In modern terms it is accepted that marriage is between two consenting individuals and you yourself understand this. The only reason you bring things like this up is to divert attention away from the fact that in 2009 people are still being denied their rights.
Yeah they can. Well from what I can see and hear unless my brain is broken, some if not all can. Dude in jailsure do choose. I know ya'll remember dude talking about "booty" was all He thought about sometimes. I bet He was straight on the outside likemany others but CHOOSE to turn gay in jail. So I guess that means at least some people can choose. I just saying, that's a broad statement to make.

I'm not diverting anything. They can read the title. I'm simply asking, if two consenting adults can marry, why not three?

With your level of intelligence, or lack thereof, that sir isn't possible. Maybe if you let go of your own fears and ignorance then we can start
smile.gif

Personal attack? Stay classy.

What is with this fear word. What the hell am I afraid of exactly
laugh.gif
?

Oh noes gays will marry, that spells doom for me, M,O,O,N, that spells doom.
grin.gif

I must be dumb, scared, or ignorant since I have a different opinion. OK I'm dumb.

Yeah they can. Well from what I can see and hear unless my brain is broken, some if not all can.
This is an honest question: How many homosexuals have you PERSONALLY sat down with and talked about their sexuality with? The way you talk makesit obvious that you have little to no contact with homosexuals.

Depends is it a religious thing
happy.gif
?

RKO2004 wrote:

CallHimAR wrote:

RKO2004 wrote:

I was going to ask if all parties are consenting adults, was it cool or not. I honestly don't get it, if two homosexuals adults should have
the right to marry, then whats wrong with 3 consenting adults. I just want an explanation so I can be on the mental level everyone else is.

Again, because people cannot control whether they are homosexual or not, therefore they should in fact be allowed to marry. In modern terms it is
accepted that marriage is between two consenting individuals and you yourself understand this. The only reason you bring things like this up is to divert
attention away from the fact that in 2009 people are still being denied their rights.

Yeah they can. Well from what I can see and hear unless my brain is broken, some if not all can. Dude in jail sure do choose. I know ya'll remember dude talking about "booty" was all He thought about sometimes. I bet He was straight on the outside like many others but CHOOSE to turn gay in jail. So I guess that means at least some people can choose. I just saying, that's a broad statement to make.

I'm not diverting anything. They can read the title. I'm simply asking, if two consenting adults can marry, why not three?

With your level of intelligence, or lack thereof, that sir isn't
possible. Maybe if you let go of your own fears and ignorance then we
can
start
smile.gif

laugh.gif
?

grin.gif

I must be dumb, scared, or ignorant since I have a different opinion. OK I'm dumb.

It's clear you worst fear is having a child and seeing them turn out gay

why can't you accept some gays are born that way?

2hz7gbk.gif

but seriously, im surprised NY didn't cosign with this law. for such a liberal state you'd assume that this wouldn't be as much an issue comparedto a state like texas or w.e...

personally i think its all BS to the fullest. people go way to hard with religion, and while on paper there's probably separation from church and state,you clearly see that its not entirely the case (i can't think of another reason why courts generally use the bible to swear people in). church has alwaysbeen the big reason why people hate on gays and yet HOW MANY priests have fondled/raped/etc little boys who are barely old enough to watch a PG movie?..thechurch turns a blind eye to this. born into a catholic family, i've taken the religion with a grain of salt as of late. but thats for another time (orthread)

as for all this legislation, or lack of i guess, that supports gay rights i can only argue that its SAME thing blacks went up through the 60s
smh.gif
and as such ifeel for gays...pause.

religion is nothing more than a belief or a faith. as such, with matters of importance, such as human equality, people need to keep their beliefs tothemselves. religion is now nothing more than a rationalizer for prejudice, and it is really setting us back
smh.gif

Originally Posted by quik1987

RKO2004 wrote:

CallHimAR wrote:

RKO2004 wrote:

I was going to ask if all parties are consenting adults, was it cool or not. I honestly don't get it, if two homosexuals adults should have
the right to marry, then whats wrong with 3 consenting adults. I just want an explanation so I can be on the mental level everyone else is.
Again, because people cannot control whether they are homosexual or not, therefore they should in fact be allowed to marry. In modern terms it is
accepted that marriage is between two consenting individuals and you yourself understand this. The only reason you bring things like this up is to divert
attention away from the fact that in 2009 people are still being denied their rights.

Yeah they can. Well from what I can see and hear unless my brain is broken, some if not all can. Dude in jail sure do choose. I know ya'll remember dude talking about "booty" was all He thought about sometimes. I bet He was straight on the outside like many others but CHOOSE to turn gay in jail. So I guess that means at least some people can choose. I just saying, that's a broad statement to make.

With your level of intelligence, or lack thereof, that sir isn't
possible. Maybe if you let go of your own fears and ignorance then we
can
start
smile.gif

laugh.gif
?

grin.gif

It's clear you worst fear is having a child and seeing them turn out gay

why can't you accept some gays are born that way?

No my greatest fear is my children being born with medical issues.

But how is it clear that is my biggest fear. Especially from that statement.
This is an honest question: How many homosexuals have you PERSONALLY sat down with and talked about their sexuality with? The way you talk makes it obvious that you have little to no contact with homosexuals.
You want a number or names? I'll provided what you ask. NOT ALL GAYS ARE BORN GAY.

That was my point to you recently. Some people do choose. Do they all choose. I don't know.

I really do feel sorry for people like you, going through life with such narrow, little minds.
Thank you for your sympathy.

laugh.gif
?

grin.gif

I agree. He shouldn't be attacked and assumed to be homophobic because of his opinion. When you do that, you're no better than a personwho stereotypes homosexuals.

We can all form dissenting opinions with our own rationale.

So does your bias against those who choose extend to those who are born that way?

Originally Posted by quik1987

So does your bias against those who choose extend to those who are born that way?

Bias in a way I still think marriage is between a man and woman? Yes I still believe that.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

What about hermaphrodites?

Oh good one. You got me. I don't know. I'm not even fully sure what causes it. Let me go do some research and give you the best opinion I can come upwith. When you say hermaphrodites, do you mean pre-op, should they be allowed to marry or are you asking if they are born gay?
nerd.gif

I don't have a problem with polygamy. And really, I think polygamy is entirely more natural than monogamy. To be with one person isn'tnatural. Polygamy is not for me and really the only reasons it is illegal is due to some social constructs based on christian values. There are somelogistical problems like if the male dies how do the get divided? By mother? That actually seems hardly fair to the children. Also, in most cases Polygamy ispracticed as polygyny and not polyandry. Obviously I think our society would judge women more harshly if they had more than one husband as opposed to the otherway around....This already happens with sexual partners.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

I don't have a problem with polygamy. And really, I think polygamy is entirely more natural than monogamy. To be with one person isn't natural. Polygamy is not for me and really the only reasons it is illegal is due to some social constructs based on christian values. There are some logistical problems like if the male dies how do the get divided? By mother? That actually seems hardly fair to the children. Also, in most cases Polygamy is practiced as polygyny and not polyandry. Obviously I think our society would judge women more harshly if they had more than one husband as opposed to the other way around....This already happens with sexual partners.

polygamy is outlawed for religious (christian values specifically) and because honestly, it creates entirely too difficult a scenario for lawyers in the eventof death and dividing the lot amongst heirs. it's a lot easier to just ban it and focus on one string of heirs as opposed to several different confusingbranches.

Back
Top Bottom