[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

What is the point of playing over-the hill players.

Ollie pitched well.

He gave up a walk and a hit back-to-back when pitching from the stretch . When he was in the stretch , his vision was locked onto the runner . But in thefull motion windup , his eyes never left the target .
That stop motion delivery can halt any runner on 1st base .

Yeah, I don't get mad any more. I hit my breaking point the other night so now I too, just laugh.

Actually I don't laugh. I just throw these out now:
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

this is just comedy now... when I need a laugh, I just turn on the Mets game.

K-Rod, just pack up your *%*@ and fly back to New York... you're embarrassing us.
No truer words have ever been spoken.

Originally Posted by officialbang

You know I hate to say it but not even Heilman was this bad last year. F U K-Rod.
You are going overboard bro, relax yourself and take that dumb comment elsewhere.

You seem to forget K-Rod was 18/18 to start the season, Did Heilman do that last year?
indifferent.gif

They'll be lucky to finish with 70 wins, sucks the Mets farm is wayyy too young otherwise you'd see a lot of kids up.....nothing but backup vetsplaying full time, hard to watch at times.

Johan is the man...hes even hitting better I hope he get a home run before the season ends

Watching this Yankee series and hearing the loud stadium makes me miss meaningful games in the heat of a divisional race.
sick.gif

There really isn't much in the FA market that would help us too much next year. Mets would need a # 2 starter and a bat to replace Gados (in LF).

I hope Omar TRIES to avoid signing type A/type B FA this off-season. We need to stop dropping out first round draft picks, enough is enough (I don't careif the team isn't even a .500 team the next two seasons). It's time to replenish the farm system with top notch talent and fill it with DEPTH.

Mets have talent in the farm, but they all range from the age of 17-22, which is extremely young to contribute at the Major League level unless your a bonafiedsuperstar.

FA list is FAR more impressive in 2010.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

There really isn't much in the FA market that would help us too much next year. Mets would need a # 2 starter and a bat to replace Gados (in LF).

I hope Omar TRIES to avoid signing type A/type B FA this off-season. We need to stop dropping out first round draft picks, enough is enough (I don't care if the team isn't even a .500 team the next two seasons). It's time to replenish the farm system with top notch talent and fill it with DEPTH.

Mets have talent in the farm, but they all range from the age of 17-22, which is extremely young to contribute at the Major League level unless your a bonafied superstar.

FA list is FAR more impressive in 2010.
I agree, there's maybe 2 players worth a first round pick.

Ehh....the team has heart but they just don't have the talent to compete, they've won a lot of games they had no business winning.

Back
Top Bottom