[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

Originally Posted by youngin33

SMH @ Gary Cohen rooting for the damn Phils against the Yanks. We play one team 18+ times a year and the other team 6. Why the hell do you care about the Yankees like that? My hate for them doesn't run deep at all, I wish them the best unless we're facing them.
  1. Why does he hate the yanks?
  2. He's a lame for rooting for PHILLY over NY
    grin.gif
    indifferent.gif
  3. I never really hated the Mets (except for the Delgado Derby last yr @ the stadium)
Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

smh @ the yanks, they play their first game in over a week vs a good offensive team and get rocked.
I wouldn't say we got rocked, but our offense never really got going. I knew it was a bad look when Rollins launched one on the 1st pitch ofthe game. Putting Wang in when Girardi did had to be one of the dumbest moves he's made all season, and there's been plenty.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Damn Yankees. We're helping y'all out and you can't return the favor?? *shakes fist*

Where you at t3b?
It was only a matter of time before the streak ended
tired.gif

Hopefully we get the next 2.

Youakilis was only joking lol....but still, nice to see Johan with the passion. Hopefully it rubs off on other teammates(pause).

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by youngin33

SMH @ Gary Cohen rooting for the damn Phils against the Yanks. We play one team 18+ times a year and the other team 6. Why the hell do you care about the Yankees like that? My hate for them doesn't run deep at all, I wish them the best unless we're facing them.
  1. Why does he hate the yanks?
  2. He's a lame for rooting for PHILLY over NY
    grin.gif
    indifferent.gif
  3. I never really hated the Mets (except for the Delgado Derby last yr @ the stadium)
1. He's a long time Mets diehard. I would understand hate for 2000, but other than that, it's nothing but jealousy in my opinion.
2. On point with that, when the discussion came up, I automatically said I'm rooting for the Yankees because the Phillies are the division rival that havewon it the last 2 years. And his excuse was that if the Mets were in a pennant race in September his view would be different, but it's May. Every gamecounts the same you shmuck.
3. My same thoughts about your squad.

can we seriously play any worst for our ace? this is becoming a problem that needs to be addressed asap and a win wont cover it. now church is down? any infoon that? we need a bat desperately but who's even available now?

IDK about "jealousy", Mets/Yanks fans usually dislike each other its just the way it is.

So now Reyes, Delgado, Cora AND Church are down? I feel like a Yankee fan right now LULZ,

Hopefully we can steal one more game this series, why can't Argenis Reyes play SS instead of Ramon?

"In that situation, there's no way I'm going to hit anybody intentionally," Santana said angrily. "But after I hit him, he just stood there and started looking at me, and I don't appreciate it. I play the game the right way, and I don't want to hit him, but if you're looking at me like that, you're going to get it back. Because I'm a gamer, and that's what I'm going to do."

pimp.gif

^^^^^Nice quote by Santana.

I understand that the two NY team's fans generally dislike eachother, but I don't have much hate for the Yankees at all. I wish our squad had an eighthof the history that team has. Like I said earlier, if we're not playing them, I could care less what they do.

Well I mean we've only been in existence since the 60s, Mets have 2 and SHOULD have more but that's the story of the franchise.

I hate when Yankee fans yell 26, 26.......not many teams have 2 or more chips since the Mets existence (Marlins, Yanks, Phils....who else?).

Yanks sucked for a majority of the mid to late 60s, early 70s, up and down in the 80s, etc. There was a reason NY was a Mets town during the early to late 80s.
pimp.gif

I wish I was a grown adult during those times.

I forgot all about Argenis Reyes hell yea he should be up here. I loved him last year. Could we see Fernando Martinez playing the outfield soon?

^ That's TURRIBLE, didn't even know he was released.

Fernando is not major league ready yet, I'm tired of the Mets rushing guys so I want them to take their time with him.

Our farm just doesn't have any SS, all of our talent is in AA. Triple A is a league for washed up veterans, no reason why fernando is there.

Parnell, Wilmer Flores, jonathan neise, Eddie Kunz, Reece Haves,Ike Davis, Fernando Martinez have all done well and Parnell is just one of the new guys to dowell here.

Wilmer Flores has more upside than fernando, book it (dude is still a kid and can play multiple positions).

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Our farm just doesn't have any SS, all of our talent is in AA. Triple A is a league for washed up veterans, no reason why fernando is there.

Parnell, Wilmer Flores, jonathan neise, Eddie Kunz, Reece Haves,Ike Davis, Fernando Martinez have all done well and Parnell is just one of the new guys to do well here.

Wilmer Flores has more upside than fernando, book it (dude is still a kid and can play multiple positions).
These 2 haven't really panned out here yet. I mean, they are still young and seem to have the stuff to do well in the majors.

But if they still can't crack the rotation here (especially when we were going into the spring desperate for set-up men and starting pitching), then Idon't know if I still would lump them in with being part of a "good farm system".

That is why they are in the minor leaguers though.

Kunz has done damn good so far though he throws hard.

Just cause they are not major league ready doesn't mean they don't have a farm system. It may not be DEEP but there is obvious talent there.

Back
Top Bottom