[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

laugh.gif
@ search bonehead baseball plays

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Stokes and the rest of this pen is good money.

I still can't believe this played out this way, you just can't help but laugh.

One of the worst games I've ever watched.

All these bench guys and minor leaguers playing out of position = 5 errors.
indifferent.gif

I can add nothing of value after this. One word: terrible.

IDK about "rarely seen", people barely graze and miss bases sometimes, its just that umps never everever EVER side with an appeal. The ump wasn't even looking at the base, Loretta sold it to him.

What bothered me more was the fact that Jerry or Razor didn't argue the call, even if its wrong or close you go out there and back Church up. Jerrydidn't even look at him, its obvious he doesn't like him.

Jerry is ruining this outfield situation....for some reason he doesn't like Church or Castro. Church rots on the bench and actually has 2 hits going oppoin the late innings (and he started this season STRONG). Murphy is rotting away for FREAKING PAGAN AND REED.....both are bench players what the hell is hedoing with these guys confidence? PH Castro after 3 hits for Santos in a clutch situation, sitting Church vs a righty and using him as a PH vs a lefty, hisdumb usage of the bullpen....he single handidly lost the Mets about 4-5 games already.

If Murphy and Church don't start tonight vs the right hander, I will lose faith in this guy.

Aside from that, great job by Redding, David, and Pagan (offensively)....the only team stopping the Mets from winning this division are themselves.
grin.gif

Mets need Gary will Carlos out. Oh, is see what you mean Mez One with the right hander, Both Murphy and Church are left handed batters.
roll.gif

I want Jerry fired. I don't care if this team wins 100 games and a World Series I still want him fired. Last night was not how you manage a game. He threwChurch under the bus and acted like a teenage girl during her period. How the hell do you not go out there and argue? Jerry's the @%+##*% problem with thisteam. He's the reason they make boneheaded plays and have no balls. You have almost a Gold Glover at every position, it's inexcusable. I never wantedJerry hired to begin with and I want him gone.

Well Jerry basically stated today that if you're right he will fight for you, but Church didn't even dispute the call and Razor said he missed it.

That's fine, but you gotta have your players back at LEAST, even if he did miss the bag.

Reyes is back, and Murph and Church are starting.
pimp.gif

NO POWER in this lineup.

I want Murphy in the lineup today vs Bills, but if there were no injuries I would send him down so he can actually work on a position. Another free run givenaway.

He is a natural infielder.

Dodgers getting the bloop hits and we aren't, shame cause Maine was pitching well.

Mets should've CLOBBERED Bills but they let him off the hook the last 3 innings, they started swinging at 1st pitches rather than continue to be patient.

I agree that Jerry is wildin' with his non-usage of Church and Murph recently.

I too, noticed that he didn't even look at Church after he returned to the dugout after the miss at 3rd.

LOL @ Ramon Martinez batting 6th, and the bottom of this lineup in general.

Dodgers just have to walk Wright and Beltran and take their chances.

Without Gado in the middle this is a completely different team, no balance in this lineup.

Jerry PH's for Murphy in a big spot, but lets Ramon Martinez hit in that situation? You can't make this stuffup.

I don't care about standings until July/August (especially considering 8 of the Phils 21 wins are vs the Nats so far).
sick.gif

This was a tough road trip to begin with, but with the free game given away last night its a little more annoying because the Dodgers O hasn't been thatgreat either.

The bottom of this lineup full of bench players/minor leaguers is brutal to watch.

Murphy is going to start at 1st base from here on out.

We really need another power guy, Ramon Martinez has no busness in the majors. I'm still LOL'ing at him batting 6th and not being PH for at a crucialspot when he looked over-matched all game.

Thankfully its Weaver tonight so the Mets have a chance despite how horrible the lineup looks right now full of utility guys. I can't imagine how badthings would be if Tron and Wright weren't carrying this team right now. Mets will need to score runs with Livan tonight.

Don't sleep on Weaver Mez, has a huge chip on his shoulder and has proved to be a solid back end starter for us
pimp.gif

But you're right, we'll see early if Weaver hits his spots.

Damn, Ramon is hated on the East Coast huh? He was a solid utility player for us - he's actually still welcomed in L.A.

Goodluck tonight though, we coming for that sweep.

Tonight's Lineup, Sheff is still sick so this lineup has zero power.

1. Reyes-ss
2. Castillo-2b
3. Beltran-cf
4. Wright-3b
5. Murphy-1b
6. Church-rf
7. Castro-c
8. Pagan-lf
9. Hernandez-sp

In more serious news....
"The wife of Diamondbacks LHP Scott Schoeneweis was found dead in the couple's home Wednesday.

Gabrielle Dawn Schoeneweis, 39, was unresponsive when police arrived at the home early Wednesday afternoon. Detectives are investigating. The cause of death has not been determined. Schoeneweis has left the team to be with his family. "

-Rotoworld

tired.gif
So young, that's horrible.

That sucks for Scho. I always liked him.

Murph should have been playing first since Delgaldo went down.

I'd keep him there next year, let Delgaldo go and make a push for Holliday or let Martinez play left if he's ready. Hell a push should still be madefor Matt Holliday even though he hasn't been as good as I expected.

Homeruns are over-rated in terms of rank (especially playing at Citi) cause the Mets are a top team BA and OBP. They are tops in TRIPLES lol

Problem is we don't have our regulars in their normal spots in the lineup, its tough to have a good consistent offense right now with no balance.

Wow....I can tell Reyes is going on the 15 day DL, he re-aggravated it.

This trip won't end well without him.

It took the Mets this long to put Murphy at 1st base? He looks comfortable there.

Dodgers are pitching around to TRON and David.

I'm still mad this aiin't a rubber game, these injuries are startin' to get a little out of hand.

Is it possible to forfeit every Ramon Martinez at bat? I'd rather see Johan play SS.

As soon as Gary opens his big mouth "Well Livan hasn't walked a batter tonight"... Of course Livan goes and walks his 1st batter of the night.
laugh.gif

Once the lineup got past Beltran and Wright, the threat ended pretty much. Sheff being sick sucks.

This team is going to have to go out and find an extra hitter to fill the void for the time being.

Mets about to lose a very winnable series, could have won every single game (and SHOULD have won the first).
smh.gif

Castro, Pagan, and Reed in the 9th.
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom