[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

I really want Larry to finish his career as a Met. It would be so fitting. Plus it would win us like 3 games a year against the Braves.

16 feet high.
indifferent.gif

What a weird game, stupid $+% 18 foot wall FTL.

Good home stand, off to the difficult road trip.

Dissapointing, we really need to take those fences down a little bit next season or something, this is by far the hardest park in baseball to hit a homerun.

We should take 2 out of against the Giants.

(4 games) Giants home record: 12-4 (7 out of their last 10)
(3 Games) Dodgers Home Record: 14-3 (although clearly not the same team)
(3 Games) Red Sox Home Record: 13-4 (brutal)

Combined Home Records: 39-11
sick.gif

Giants series will be very good, lots of good matchups.
Mets should take 2 out of 3 from the Dodgers
Boston is a crapshoot although I think they'll lose that series.

The big thing is that Gado may not play in any of these games, it will def. make things a lot more difficult.

But about today, Jerry is terrible. He leaves Neise in too long, and takes Stokes out too early. Stokes was cruising and could have easily given Parnell/Putzrest today pitching to K-Rod....but he uses every single pitcher.

- I know Reyes had 3 doubles today and came to play, but his base running blunders concern me. If Gado weren't injured, I would bench him tomm for nothustling in extra innings, you never know if he could've pushed that to 3 bases (he is a CORE player, not a good example). The 7th inning as well, leadsoff with a double, and on a ground ball IN FRONT OF HIM he gets called out at 3rd and doesn't even slide.
indifferent.gif

The sad thing is if you bench him he will probably be affected by it for a while.

- Putz is another thing, even he admits he hasn't been comfortable pitching in the 8th inning yet, Jerry is over-working this pen their arms will fall offby August.

- David....I don't know what to say anymore, can you pick up the slack with Gado down please? How do you hit over .300 and have near a .400 OBP yet look soclueless at the plate, its quite obvious the guy is pressing because of what happened the past two years with this team....he needs to just relax. His at batsused to start when he had two strikes on him, now they are pretty much over.

- FYI Neise was sent to Buffalo today and Figgy is with the team.

- This team is playing very sloppy lately despite the wins.

Just finished watching the encore (from the 8th inning on).... Way to battle back.

But damn it, Jose should have run harder to see if he could have gotten a triple. How many times is he gonna get caught not running hard out of the box.
smh.gif

It's bugged that at this point in his career, he's more Lastings Milledge than he is Ricky Henderson.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Church's throw was SICK. Sheff also had a nice throw (though he didn't get his man).

Nice pitching by Feliciano. He needed that.

I'm fine with Putz. As Mez said, he's been solid if not dominant. Not fair to compare dude to Heilman AT ALL.

K-Rod has been fantastic thus far.

As fast as Reyes is, it seems like his baserunning instincts have regressed this year. A LOT of stupid mistakes from him though, in all facets of the game.

While he probably would not have mad it to 3rd anyways, if he's running out the box hard you can force the outfielder to bobble, make a bad throw etc....soyou never know.

Its extra innings not a blowout game, you run out the box.
indifferent.gif

I'm more upset at his stupid base running when he had a lead off double and Castillo hit a ground ball to the SS (a play right in front f him). Why he ranto 3rd I have no idea, but he was out by a mile.
indifferent.gif

This is happening way too often for my liking, as talented and gifted as he is....he lacks focus/discipline during important stretches (ie error during theSantana game on a routine play).

But anyways, the tough road trip starts today...with Gado out we need power in this lineup. Tatis should play 1st base, Sheff in LF, and Church in RF. Or letMuph play 1st base and platoon Tatis/Church.

Originally Posted by sinser13

im a Mets fan for the next four days, go mets!
laugh.gif

lol
Is oliver perez back back in the rotation? Or is he working from the bullpen?

Ollie is on the DL and will be making rehab starts....he won't be back for a while (thankfully).

Mets are going to wait until the weekend to make their decision on Gado's hip.

They also said Puz elbow is inflamed (problem he's had for the past few seasons, bone spur and cortisone shot), so he will not be used for the next fewdays.

.........it will 23 vs 25 for the time being, not good for these next few games which will probably be close ones.

Tonight's Lineup:

Castillo 2B
Cora SS
Beltran CF
Sheffield LF
Wright 3B
Tatis 1B
Castro C
Church RF
Maine P

Reyes out due to stiff right calf (yea right)

Newspapers made a good point today saying that the Mets are bs'ing with this Delgado decision and left Jerry a man short in that extra inning affair.

Which I do agree with.

If they know he can't play, put him on the DL and bring up another bat.

Back
Top Bottom