[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

Let me know the next time Zim actually hits .300 for a season, or hits 100+ RBI's, or 30+ HR's.

Clown.

Today's Lineup ie best one so far if Castro were healthy to replace Santos:

Reyes, SS
Castillo, 2B
Beltran, CF
Delgado, 1B
Wright, 3B
Murphy, LF
Santos, C
Church, RF
Hernandez, P

i have a feeling mets are going to have a hard time hitting Snell for some reason.... i hope im wrong though.

7 in a row cmon metssss

smh at livan giving up all these doubles

Clutch hitting
pimp.gif

I actually like the road colors, I'll wait until they lose their next game though.

I never ever ever ever ever mind aggressive base running.

Force the issue, take extra bases, get some steals.

Yeah, that sig is tight ATFK.

Livan is cruising... But I'm glad Jerry has Feliciano up and throwing. Cuz usually around the 6th or 7th, Livan starts to fade.

edit:

Is it me or does it seem as if David has gotten a LOT of pitches towards his head in the past 2 weeks or so?

Santana is the man. Just think if he goes on to have his perennial "better performance in the second half of the season" type thing. Watch out!

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Santana is the man. Just think if he goes on to have his perennial "better performance in the second half of the season" type thing. Watch out!
How's Gomez workin out for you guys? always liked the kid
pimp.gif

I'm shocked that TRON didn't knock that over that damn 18 foot wall.

The team is playing well in every aspect of the game right now, even if they only won half of their games during this streak I couldn't complain.

Green will mot likely pitch the 9th, he's the only bullpen arm off to a slow start.

Great win nice job rebounding for Green. Clutch hitting was there again today except for David striking out with the bases juice
smh.gif

And Shuges you're right he's gotten thrown at at least 3 times the past 5 games.

Hopefully we take 2 out of 3 against the Braves to finish this homestand off.

We of course start scoring a bunch of runs when any pitcher other than Santana is on the mound. But I see us getting to Lowe tomorrow night. Should be a legitmatchup.

[h1]Mets roll to 7th straight win, 8-4 over Pirates[/h1]

Preview | Box Score | Recap | Archive

By DAVE SKRETTA, AP Sports Writer 1 hour, 53 minutes ago

Pittsburgh Pirates reliever Jo…
AP - May 10, 5:36 pm EDT

Pittsburgh Pirates shortstop B…
AP - May 10, 4:35 pm EDT

New York Mets' Carlos Delg…
AP - May 10, 4:22 pm EDT

New York Mets' Carlos Delg…
AP - May 10, 4:20 pm EDT

Pittsburgh Pirates shortstop B…
AP - May 10, 3:53 pm EDT

Pittsburgh Pirates' Ian Sn…
AP - May 10, 3:15 pm EDT

New York Mets' Livan Herna…
AP - May 10, 3:14 pm EDT

NEW YORK (AP)-The Mets have gotten plenty of good pitching during their seven-game win streak, and at the plate, it's almost as if New York hitters know what's coming.

On Sunday, Pirates starter Ian Snell(notes) thought perhaps they did.

Carlos Beltran(notes), Luis Castillo(notes) and Omir Santos(notes) each drove in a pair of runs, and the Mets rolled to an 8-4 victory over bumbling Pittsburgh and their first three-game sweep of the Pirates since 2001. The win gave New York seven straight victories for the first time since last July.

"They hit some good pitches. I found out later they had our signs," said Snell, who lost for the fifth time in seven starts. "That's baseball-there's nothing wrong with it."

Snell said he thinks David Wright(notes) may have had the signs when he fouled off a couple of good pitches in the fourth inning, when New York scored three times to take a 3-2 lead.

"Like he was expecting them," Snell said.

The three-game sweep was the first for New York after failing in three previous attempts this season. The Mets, who welcomed back manager Jerry Manuel from a one-game suspension, haven't lost since May 2.

"I think we just needed to get hot a little bit to realize how good we are," Wright said.

Livan Hernandez(notes) (3-1) needed 31 pitches to get through a shaky first, but settled down to last six innings. He allowed two runs and seven hits for his 150th career win. Every Mets starter has gone at least six innings during their win streak, and they're a combined 6-0 with a 2.26 ERA.

"We're playing good baseball, especially our starting pitching-to go six, seven innings gives our bullpen a rest," said Wright, who's hitting .356 over his last 12 games. "We feel pretty comfortable when we put up a couple crooked numbers we're going to win the game."

Nate McLouth(notes) hit a two-run homer in the ninth and finished with three RBIs for the Pirates, who have dropped eight in a row and 12 of 13 after an 11-7 start to the season.

The Pirates hadn't been swept by the Mets since Sept. 17-19, 2001, and it had not happened in New York since June 2000.

"We're struggling to score runs. We can't afford to give up so many late," manager John Russell said. "Hopefully we can go home and refocus."

Snell (1-5) did his best to give Pittsburgh a chance, cruising into the fourth with a mid-90s fastball. Carlos Delgado(notes) finally gave New York some life with a double that hit a couple feet below the top of the center-field wall-a home run in just about any other park in the majors-and Wright followed with an RBI single.

After Daniel Murphy(notes) walked, Santos brought them both home with a base hit.

The Mets added to their 3-2 lead in the seventh, taking advantage of an error by shortstop Brian Bixler(notes). They tacked on four more in the eighth when Jose Reyes drew a bases-loaded walk, Castillo hit a sacrifice fly and Beltran drove a two-run double off the left-field wall.

"We're pretty good at scoring early, but last year we had trouble scoring late," said Beltran, who has six RBIs in his last four games. "Now we're doing everything the way we should do it."

Snell can't seem to catch a break, although nobody else on the Pirates can either.

The 27-year-old right-hander has only allowed nine runs his last five starts but has one win to show for it. His last time out, he threw 131 pitches over seven innings and allowed the only run in a 1-0 loss to the Brewers.

"They had a very talented guy pitching on the mound," Manuel said. "Getting runs from the bottom of the order is good to see, and that's what we did today."

capt.63fd4e9434664c129e61f52994a94159.pirates_mets_baseball_nys108.jpg

capt.2b083eba0dd74abba0d3dc8561053e1e.pirates_mets_baseball_nys106.jpg

capt.ff087cef800b4f428745b63e3b77a191.addition_pirates_mets_baseball_nys103.jpg

capt.ebdbcc56141442d5a216ddeedc644614.pirates_mets_baseball_nys104.jpg

capt.0bede1d519284596a24afb7430aa1970.pirates__mets_baseball_nys101.jpg

I was leaning to taking my moms to the game tomorrow to see Johan pitch... But her and I both can't wiggle out of work without using an emergency excuse.

No bueno.

Yay.

I was at Paragon Sports earlier today and I almost bought a $340 glove (it was $450 + 25% off). Stupid me haha. I only caught the second half of the Mets gameand Beltran looks incredibly comfortable at the plate. Our Left Field reminds me of Jacobs Field (is it still called that?).

BTW, my stats in my softball league:

28/45, 6 HRs, 22 RBI, 12 Doubles, 3 Triples, 4 Errors at Third Base. Move on over, Wright.

SMH Wright only FOULED OFF pitches he KNEW was coming?
smh.gif

I see us getting to Lowe tom. also . Johan will get a much needed easy win
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom