[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I didn't check back in the thread, pretty sure this has already been discussed but why is it that whenever Johan pitches the score is 1-0, 2-1, 4-3 etc? I know I should be the last one to talk when it comes to run support when my team can't manufacture a run to save their lives but I've noticed this in all of his starts this season.

Cause out lineup is a bunch of pusssy's.
How has Reyes not been benched yet?

Pressing? Trying too hard?

Sometimes these things just happen, Mets never scored any runs for Pedro when he was here.

Good job Reyes, even though your swing still looks like a mess right now.

How has Reyes not been benched yet?

indifferent.gif

You guys notice Reyes has never recovered from being banned from doing his dance? Great homerun hopefully this gets him started.

Thank God, hopefully this kid will start hitting now. I wasn't saying a permanant benching but I thought they should have at least given him a game off.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I can't stand Victorino.

Jerry had a right to be ticked off there.
There's guys like Chipper Jones who kill the Mets and I hate for that reason, but would gladly have on my team. And then there's guys likeVictorino who I hate, but would gladly reject from my team. I can't stand him, Hamels, Rollins, pretty much that whole team except Utley.

Never a dull moment, but Werth should have never even come up this inning. I don't blame Feliciano for this.

Smh there's not 1 guy on the Phillies that i even REMOTELY like
mad.gif

But i especially hate that punk Utley and the little gnat Victorino

- K-Rod wont pitch tomm Putz will close, Parnell in the 8th.

- Victorino initiated the contact with his elbow yet reyes gets called for inteference?

- I didn't like that the Mets stopped scoring COMPLETELY after the 3rd, a team like Philly will chip away.

- Pirates are reeling....the Mets need to handle their business at home despite the Pirates solid pitching.

- David going up the middle almost every at bat the past few days is a good thing, Reyes is still slumping but this team will get going once he starts creatinghavok.

- Good job Pelf.

I'll take 5 out of 6, starting to pick up some momentum.

Plus there's nothing better than beating division rivals(Bravos and Phils)

Santana last night, no words.

Offense showed up in the first 3 innings tonight and that was enough.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I've noticed this in all of his starts this season.
I was doing some basic research last season during NL Cy Young discussions...

...in his seven losses, the Mets gave Johan 12 runs. That's 1.7 runs per game. Johan had a 3.35 ERA in those seven losses.
...in 10 no decisions, Johan had a 2.79 ERA
...and a 1.98 ERA in his wins (remember his wasted yet clutch CG shutout near the end of the season).

Nice win against the Phillies...but we've been owning them in the regular season for some time. Seven runs is always appreciated, but i'd rather seethem spread through the innings instead of in bunches. The Mets aren't a two HR per inning type team. I'd rather see consistently manufactured runshere and there.

- Jose's been a first-half player the last couple of years...i'd rather he have a slumping first half and a hot second half.
- Pelf's 0.49 K/BB ratio is horrendous
laugh.gif
. But one-pitch ground-out> 3-pitch strike-out.
- I really hate not being able to watch whole games.

I figured you got your cable back by now, damn
laugh.gif
. Pelf is off to a slow start but he did have that tendinitis issue but he looks better after every outing.Even maine has looked solid the past few outings.

Neise will start today, his numbers don't look too great in the minors, but from the stats I've seen its because he would pitch solid then have thatone inning he can't get out of. He did have that 8 shutout inning performance last year, so lets hope we get the good Neise for now.

Pirates are reeling also, they have good pitching though.

GOTTA win 2 out of 3 at home......1/2 game out of 1st place.

EDIT; Shady defense giving up 2 runs for Neise, he is pitching well so far.

Both pitchers have some sick curve balls.

1st and 2nd with no outs.

MUST score in this inning with the heart of the lineup coming up.

OHHHH YYYYEAHHHHH!!!!

1st place here we come BABY!!!!

Hope those Marlins go down tonight...

ERUPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a W....

Marlins and Rockies ties up at 3...Top 4th...C'mon Rockies, help us out
laugh.gif

- Marlins are who we thought they were, talented young team that was just off to a fast start, inexperienced, no pen.

- TRON.....nuff said.

- I LOVED all of the patent at bats in the 8th, team turned a 180 in just a weeks time once Omar called them out.

- Good job by Neise, he pitched well despite the shaky defense early on.

- Phillies starters are really not that good, this is the Mets division to win if Maine can stay consistent.....anything positive out of Ollie/Livan is a plus.

- Castillo in the 2 hole is the way it should be, with Murph 6th. I want Murph in RBI spots, he is the best 2 strike hitter in baseball right now.

- Cubs had a 2-1 lead in the 8th with Heilman coming in....scored change to 3-2 before recording an out. He is in mid season form.

frown.gif
Marlins cracked their game with the Rockies wide open...

8-3...

Doesn't matter, we're back on track.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

- Marlins are who we thought they were, talented young team that was just off to a fast start, inexperienced, no pen.

Just don't let 'em off the hook...

Back
Top Bottom