[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

Yet another W-Santana, S-Frankie
pimp.gif

*waits for Shuges to quote my old post.

12 runs for Johan Santana in 6 outings is ridiculous, yet he is 4-1 with a sub 1 era.

ehh pitchers duel, maybe Park went crazy today like Livan did yesterday. im just glad Santana pitched for us.

need more offense tho and now were 4-1 in past 5 games, if we sweep tommorow we can really get some momentum going.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I don't consider this a win. Pathetic.
Sorry but
indifferent.gif

Last year they would've lost 5-1 blowing it in the 8th-9th.
Pitching was great, but when Chan Ho Park throws a 1hitter against you and you get 2 hits off the Phillies bullpen you don't win withouthaving the best picture in the game. This offense is a joke.

For some reason these bats just haven't scored runs for him....it could have been Nick swisher out there and the Mets would have still been 1 hit through6.

Never be upset over a W regardless of how ugly it is. You rather be happy they play well in a losing effort?
laugh.gif

.500, now win tomm.

I don't consider this a win. Pathetic.
Sorry but
indifferent.gif

Last year they would've lost 5-1 blowing it in the 8th-9th.
Pitching was great, but when Chan Ho Park throws a 1hitter against you and you get 2 hits off the Phillies bullpen you don't win without having the best picture in the game. This offense is a joke.
Ok then here is the best PICTURE in the game
laugh.gif

Sorry i love Misa and I'm happy bout the win
tongue.gif

I rather we never have to have this conversation again
laugh.gif

Maybe one day this offense will score an earned run for Johan. A sweep tomorrow would be great.
Misa, Misa, Misa...

I'll be back in a bit...

nerd.gif

Working late FOR THE *%!+!#$ LOSS.
(Only ftl tonight though... never want to take your job for granted).

I'm so pissed that I missed the game though.

I'll definitely watch or record the replay tomorrow cuz watching Johan pitch is such a thing of beauty.
pimp.gif

As far as not considering this a win.... Man, !@$! that, I'll take it.
laugh.gif

1-0 wins are ALWAYS great so I'm not too mad at the bats. I think it's obvious that the guys press a little bit more when Johan pitches.

W- Santana

S- Rodriguez

Get used to that.

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Do we buy this patella tendonitis for Ollie? Either way, dude needs to get right.

He should try what most of us use to get right.

Hennessy%20ad-thumb-425x593.jpg

Take it back to '86 (Mets) Ollie!

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Do we buy this patella tendonitis for Ollie? Either way, dude needs to get right.

He should try what most of us use to get right.

Hennessy%20ad-thumb-425x593.jpg

Take it back to '86 (Mets) Ollie!

pimp.gif
My man!

I wanted Manny, but at this point kudos to the Wilpons for not letting Omar get him.
eek.gif

Kudos to them not budging on Zito, and kudos to them for bringing Santana (trust, Castillo being here helped that a lot).

Career stats as a Met thus far:

W-L-20-8

ERA - 2.30

WHIP - 1.11

K's -260

BB's - 75

....scary thing is that those numbers will continue to improve.
eek.gif

Worth every nickel, best pitcher in baseball.

I'm glad we passed up on Zito and I guess Manny... But you have to be mad at them for holding onto Heilman and Milledge too long. I know Heilman in partbrought Putz but the 2 of them could have brought that ACE we needed before we got Santana. Ehh I guess it all worked out because then we wouldn't havegotten Santana. I digress
laugh.gif

Dead center is not an easy thing to do in this park, high wall + distance + wind pushing in......good job David.

Moyer doesn't have the stuff to get the ball by anyone out over the plate, he needs to be perfect on the black.

I didn't check back in the thread, pretty sure this has already been discussed but why is it that whenever Johan pitches the score is 1-0, 2-1, 4-3 etc? Iknow I should be the last one to talk when it comes to run support when my team can't manufacture a run to save their lives but I've noticed this inall of his starts this season.

Back
Top Bottom