[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

Changes in terms of players not personnel.

Firing Jerry/Omar really doesn't do anything at this point, the team actually plays for Jerry so I don't see why you would change that aspect of it.

Firing Omar I can understand but he put a roster together that should be 20 games over if healthy.......panic moves won't solve anything so one more yearto see what he can do won't hurt.

He knows more than anybody that quick fixes won't solve the issues, but there are teams in FARRRRRR worse situations than this (this team actually has acore and $$$ to spend).

The thing is, Fred Wilpon probably wants to fire Minaya but he can't because he lost $750M to Bernie Madoff. He can't afford to just eat Minaya'scontract right now. IMO, thats the only reason why he won't get fired. I don't even think they'll go out and sign any expensive free agents in theoffseason either.

This organization is screwed up in so many ways.

[h2]Santana to have elbow surgery[/h2]

Comment Email Print ESPN.com news services

New York Mets pitcher Johan Santana will have what is being described as minor surgery on his elbow and will miss the rest of this season, the team announced Tuesday.

The Mets said Tuesday that Santana will have arthroscopic surgery to clean up bone chips in his left elbow. The team said his expected to ready for spring training next year.

The decision was made after Santana had tests Tuesday afternoon. The initial expectation within the organization, sources said, was that Santana's injury was not so serious that he would require reconstructive elbow surgery.

Santana, 30, is 13-9 with a 3.13 ERA, but his elbow discomfort has worsened as this season has progressed. He was scratched Monday from his next scheduled start, which was to come Tuesday at Florida.

There have been red flags about the left-hander's elbow for more than two years. At the end of the 2007 season, scouts reported that Santana's velocity was down and that he had basically stopped throwing his slider. Officials from the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees took this as a sign that Santana was having elbow trouble and wanted to avoid the torque inherent in throwing a slider.

In the end, concern about Santana's elbow was part of the reason why neither the Yankees nor the Red Sox fully invested themselves in trade talks with the Minnesota Twins (concerns about the cost in prospects and dollars were other major concerns). When the Twins pushed to trade Santana before the start of spring training in 2008, the Red Sox and Yankees viewed this as a sign of confirmation that the Twins had their own concerns about the pitcher and wanted to trade him before their camps opened and he was required to throw.

The Mets acquired the two-time Cy Young Award in February 2008.
Damn what a unlucky year for you guys

They won't sign expensive FA's not only because of the Madoff situation but because it really won't help them immediately.

This will take two off-seasons IMO not one.

As long as they continue to get younger (which they have tried to do), I can live with it.

depressing
tired.gif

Santana done, Putz done, Sheff out again.
eek.gif

I knew I hated Citi Field for a reason.

They have called it the Citi jinx in the newspapers and I couldn't agree more.

I hate this Wagner trade. What good is a 26 year old Triple A player? Give me the compensation picks instead
smh.gif

There needs to be a shake up in the off-season and I think trading Putz, Beltran, and Maine would be a good place to start. Don't really expect Maine to betraded and he doesn't have much value, but I've given up on him ever being healthy.

Why the hate on Castillo dude has been balling out this year, and while I doubt he will put these type of numbers again he is the least of our problems. It wasclear the reason he suckes last year was because of injuries.

Oliver Perez has been diagnosed with patella tendon tendinosis in his right knee and will have season-ending surgery.

I'm just wondering, how can you say Jerry sucks at this point?
I'm indifferent towards whether he's the manager of the Mets or not, but I just don't understand how you can really evaluate him.

Originally Posted by poorniko

Oliver Perez has been diagnosed with patella tendon tendinosis in his right knee and will have season-ending surgery.
If we have the same medical staff next year I might just lose it and change teams. There is no reason to keep any of these quack doctors.

Originally Posted by RLPolo45

im done with this trash team..... i need to vent really fast

/Start Rant

oi*(^&^@$)&(@^&)@#$^&@$^)@$@$^@ $%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We should have shut down Santana for the rest of the year and now he needs surgery WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

UY@$*(&@$*(@$&

God my disgust for this team is at an all time high, i do not care for them, i dont support them, i dont watch them, i cancelled my mlb account, i dont watch BASEBALL PERIOD! This team has ruined this baseball season for me and possibly next year as well.... Johan did nothing to deserve this.

and now i hear that Francour is injured too, just to put the icing on the cake.

ZERO started except Castillo, just all these scrubs.... This team is absolutely patheic, my father and I are disgusted.

I CANT WAIT UNTIL THE GIANTS START PLAYING!!, so i can be put out of my misery, i dont even watch sportcenter anymore... hopefully the Giants dont let me down this season....

BTW mez can you lock this until next year please LOL

/End Rant

oh yeah

$$^#(&*%&%$$(($&^%)%$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Yup, i agree. San Francisco Giants looking pretty solid. Just a couple more games to assume the Wild Card spot and BOOM, just like that we'rein it
tongue.gif

Sadly i can't say much for the mets....
tired.gif
roll.gif

Damn......Pelf got the double play ball he needed, tough scoop attempt by Murph.

Fish are scared of Sullivan's arm.
laugh.gif

Nice to read that ike Davis came back today from injuring his rib to smack a 2 run shot off a lefty.

A first rounder meeting expectations so far in AA, and putting up better numbers than all 1st rounders @ 1B......I likey.

I hate this Wagner trade. What good is a 26 year old Triple A player? Give me the compensation picks instead
smh.gif

Last thing we need are some more 19-20 year old kids in our farm. Kid is solid with the bat although defensively he isn't comfortable anywhere.

Naw, I still watch. Now that fam is gone.

I was watching when we were up 2-0 then promptly allowed the Fish to tie it at 2.

Then I got back-to-back phone calls and had the tv on mute til the end.

I'll still watch. But I admit, the Yankees will get a little more focus now.
tired.gif

I was at a bar comp and was getting ragged on by everyone due to the score while the Yanks were beating texas.

Just drank my beer and took it. Not even worth it at this point. We really can't go nuts at this point especially with who is put out there everyday.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

I was at a bar comp and was getting ragged on by everyone due to the score while the Yanks were beating texas.

Just drank my beer and took it. Not even worth it at this point. We really can't go nuts at this point especially with who is put out there everyday.

i was hearing it from my family the whole time i was back in new york because im the only mets fan on both my moms side and my dads side. my only responsewas "what would the yankees record be if jeter, posada, arod, damon, matsui, and cc all missed signficant time during the season." that shut themup.

it sucks i had to use my basketball teams current and past success and my football teams past success to shut phillie fans up who kept running their mouth

at the mets phillies game monday the phillie fans were starting some stupid eagles chants, so i started chanting 0 super bowls, they were telling me howtheir team beat my giants in the playoffs last year, i was just like im a 49er fan my team won 5 super bowls, your team loses nfc championship games. theother phillie fan was really starting to get seriously angry when i told him that before last year his favorite philly sports moment was watching a fictionalmovie boxing character run up stairs.

with that being said the mets won today
pimp.gif

Reyes may need surgery on that hamstring tendon.
sick.gif

Stokes was also claimed by the Texas Rangers. The guy is still young and throws hard.

I'd like to see him in camp this spring..........Mets need to pull back

What's wrong with waiting until now?

The point is you give him rest an shut him down to see if it can heal properly on its own, if it doesn't then you exercise your other options.

You don't just rush to surgery.

He will be ready way before Spring Training anyways, so its best to explore all options.

Same with Beltran, he has a bone bruise all you can do is rest and if nothing heals then you explore other options.

Santana getting surgery now will have him ready in time for next season.

As much of a joke the medical staff has been the past year or two, they've handled things in a proper fashion lately.

Funny seeing Heilman pitch, Parnell needs a 3rd pitch to become an effective starter.....he was throwing even harder by the 5th inning though, he haspotential.

Back
Top Bottom